PDA

View Full Version : Killer chiller that the terminator guys use

03knight
07-12-2015, 01:21 PM
http://killerchiller.com/products/universal-parallel-kit

Has anyone that is boosted tried this kit? Having below 50 degree coolant passing thru your sc seems amazing but that fact you have to turn on your a.c for it to work seems wasteful.. I mean how much h.p gain can you expect when you have the a.c on as well?

Any good input will be great full so I can decide whether or not to get it.

RubberCtyRauder
07-12-2015, 01:35 PM
Zack, CWright, chief455 all have killer chiller experience on a marauder. You do not gain hp by it though. It keeps iat lower so the computer doesn't pull timing which will reduce boost. Killer chiller keeps the air charge cool so heat soak doesn't happen

CWright
07-12-2015, 01:37 PM
They actually make a kit specific to the Marauder. I bought the Gen 3 but didn't do the drag kit. I've only had it on the road since yesterday. Before my IAT's were 35-45 above ambient temps. I ran it this morning and the ambient was 78*, the IAT's were 85-91* and held steady at that. When the temp got up to 96 ambient this afternoon the IAT's were 111-115*. I'm now a believer ! This sucker is phenomenal!

I'm running a 2.9 Whipple.

03knight
07-12-2015, 01:55 PM
my question is by having the a.c on all the time wouldn't that put a lot of stress on it since it's trying to cool you and the s.c...I'm just curious by having your a.c on and losing x amount of power is it worth it?

CWright
07-12-2015, 02:04 PM
Didn't bother my setup. I can always cut it off and run it through the HE. If I'm going to want the extra power I'll just cut ac off in that brief moment.

chief455
07-12-2015, 03:13 PM
my question is by having the a.c on all the time wouldn't that put a lot of stress on it since it's trying to cool you and the s.c...I'm just curious by having your a.c on and losing x amount of power is it worth it?

I can't say by dyno or track tested fact that running the A/C and gaining advantage of cool IAT w/killer chiller produces less power than not running A/C and dealing with plus ~40* IAT over ambient.
I will guess, the power, if any, robbed by the A/C compressor, is returned by the cold air/ no timing retard due to hot IAT.

I installed the kit not as a power adder, or to tune for more power.
I installed it as insurance that a consistent, cool air charge will help prevent detonation. Added bonus, probable power gains.

I am seeing similar results as CWright.
Doesn't your car run awesome on cool, fall nights?
With killer chiller, the cooler IAT makes the PCM think it is like that even on hot days. How can that be bad?

On another note:
I had a 93 Formula and 00 Formula, one stock, one heads/cam/headers/tune
I ran them both at the track all day.
E.T. was never slower with A/C on before and during the pass. I actually turned my best ET, in both cars, while the A/C was on, thereby running the engine cooling fans before staging.
I believe modern A/C is designed NOT to rob power like older set up's. It might even cut off during WOT - think the GM computer did.
I would not even be concerned with A/C power loss, unless I was drag racing for money or NHRA points.
Street car? You'll never feel a difference.

MOTOWN
07-12-2015, 07:08 PM
I seen CWRights Kiilerchiller in action on the dyno! that thing is unreal as to how cold it gets the coolant , the aluminum reservoir was sweating like a hooker in church! those things do work!

03knight
07-12-2015, 11:14 PM
alright guys im sold lol ..this will be my next purchase.

Mike M
07-12-2015, 11:42 PM
When you go full throttle the computer shuts off the A/C compressor.

martyo
07-12-2015, 11:54 PM
alright guys im sold lol ..this will be my next purchase.

Are you going to self install it there on the base?

03knight
07-13-2015, 12:35 AM
most likely yes ill do it at my shop, but I haven't looked into if the auto parts store here sells r134 or not ...ill have to get with my german friends.

martyo
07-13-2015, 04:36 AM
most likely yes ill do it at my shop, but I haven't looked into if the auto parts store here sells r134 or not ...ill have to get with my german friends.

Let me know when you do it so we can take another look at your datalogs again.

sailsmen
07-13-2015, 05:15 AM
Per Kill Chiller FAQ;
"You will see about an average of 5-7 degrees increase in the in cab temps under optimum conditions...".

To run it at a drag strip you will need to capture the condensation.

Has anyone figured out how to get a meth system to efficiently work on a displacement blower?

chief455
07-13-2015, 07:28 AM
Per Kill Chiller FAQ;
"You will see about an average of 5-7 degrees increase in the in cab temps under optimum conditions...".

To run it at a drag strip you will need to capture the condensation.

Has anyone figured out how to get a meth system to efficiently work on a displacement blower?
I can't answer your question about meth, I did not even want to try.
But the real world 'feel' in my car cabin is cozy cool, negligable impact, I don't have to run the temp setting any lower than before to maintain, say, 69* inside car auto temp.
Not any sacrafice compared to the consistent cooler IAT readings. I did not re tune.
my a/f gauge reads the same as before killer chiller.

Sully008
07-13-2015, 08:05 AM
After reading all the experiences with the Killer Chiller, it will probably be the next upgrade to my car. Especially with our hot (it's been over 30ºC for awhile now) summer days. I don't use the A/C unless my family's in the car with me. We spend all our time indoors during the winter I actually enjoy the heat, lol.

CWright
07-13-2015, 10:17 AM
I can't answer your question about meth, I did not even want to try.
But the real world 'feel' in my car cabin is cozy cool, negligable impact, I don't have to run the temp setting any lower than before to maintain, say, 69* inside car auto temp.
Not any sacrafice compared to the consistent cooler IAT readings. I did not re tune.
my a/f gauge reads the same as before killer chiller.

+1^^^. Same for me!

hotford
07-13-2015, 12:18 PM
My brother car with the K/C see the same results,its been on his car for 3 years.

They actually make a kit specific to the Marauder. I bought the Gen 3 but didn't do the drag kit. I've only had it on the road since yesterday. Before my IAT's were 35-45 above ambient temps. I ran it this morning and the ambient was 78*, the IAT's were 85-91* and held steady at that. When the temp got up to 96 ambient this afternoon the IAT's were 111-115*. I'm now a believer ! This sucker is phenomenal!

I'm running a 2.9 Whipple.

CWright
07-13-2015, 03:31 PM
Just took her out. Ambient shows 100*. IAT's 109-111 after cruising in traffic for 30 min.

justbob
07-13-2015, 03:52 PM
That's awesome Chris! It was what I needed before the change in blowers..

Builder Of Badassery

chief455
07-13-2015, 06:17 PM
Just took her out. Ambient shows 100*. IAT's 109-111 after cruising in traffic for 30 min.
dang, it's HOT where you are Son!
I drove around Sunday in ~85* ambient, humid air. IAT stayed ~100-105* moving, ~115* in slow city traffic, drop right down to ~87-92* with the throttle open drawing moving air by the IAT sensor.

That's awesome Chris! It was what I needed before the change in blowers..

Builder Of Badassery

_^^ this.
Chris and I are posting little known Marauder results now that Cobra Terminator guys have known for years.
Zack preached the good of KC many times in previous threads, but I think we have an increase of roots installs happening, so a fresh group of builders is in the know, thus should add one to their swap parts list from step one!
think Joe Kincaid will promote / support on the forum? we sure pimped his product to a buying audience ;)

CWright
07-13-2015, 06:30 PM
dang, it's HOT where you are Son!
I drove around Sunday in ~85* ambient, humid air. IAT stayed ~100-105* moving, ~115* in slow city traffic, drop right down to ~87-92* with the throttle open drawing moving air by the IAT sensor.

_^^ this.
Chris and I are posting little known Marauder results now that Cobra Terminator guys have known for years.
Zack preached the good of KC many times in previous threads, but I think we have an increase of roots installs happening, so a fresh group of builders is in the know, thus should add one to their swap parts list from step one!
think Joe Kincaid will promote / support on the forum? we sure pimped his product to a buying audience ;)

I'm telling you I can't get over how good the IAT's are. I'm just in shock! If you don't have this on your roots car I highly recommend getting it! When I had my air to air kit I saw IAT's 15-20 over. I really missed that going to the roots blower. Now I am a happy camper again! :D

chief455
07-13-2015, 06:42 PM
I'm telling you I can't get over how good the IAT's are. I'm just in shock! If you don't have this on your roots car I highly recommend getting it! When I had my air to air kit I saw IAT's 15-20 over. I really missed that going to the roots blower. Now I am a happy camper again! :D

yup.
guys reading, all you need to commit to spending the money and time on this, is a stable good condition A/C system. If you have this, or rebuild it during the chiller install, just push the 'automatic' button on your EATC and set a comfy interior temp. Even if you drive with your windows down. Should be mandatory on new cars running blowers. It's the ****nit :cool: