*like button*

:D

justbob
07-14-2015, 08:51 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/14/576a1b49044f6d0ce8307c86bb220b 03.jpg

Builder Of Badassery

MM03MOK
07-14-2015, 09:26 AM
We're using an older version of vBulletin and there isn't a Like button. We've resisted upgrading because it will be a very large task because of the size of the website with 13 years of posts and pictures. At some point there will be no support from vBulleting and then we'll have no choice. Doug, our Server Admin says vBulletin isn't keeping up with the times and forums are looking at other software options....

.... and you all know, no one likes change!!

Bigdogjim
07-14-2015, 11:13 AM
I like change:) My pocket always has a few coins in it...:lol:

MMBLUE
07-14-2015, 10:23 PM
We're using an older version of vBulletin and there isn't a Like button. We've resisted upgrading because it will be a very large task because of the size of the website with 13 years of posts and pictures. At some point there will be no support from vBulleting and then we'll have no choice. Doug, our Server Admin says vBulletin isn't keeping up with the times and forums are looking at other software options....

.... and you all know, no one likes change!!

Gotcha :banana:

I would have to disagree with the change aspect. Most frequent members here who post quite often I think would be more open to it than you think. Because most of us frequent other forums that have a like button, it is noticeably absent here. Hence, why it is often brought up in many posts.

martyo
07-15-2015, 02:41 AM
Gotcha :banana:

I would have to disagree with the change aspect. Most frequent members here who post quite often I think would be more open to it than you think. Because most of us frequent other forums that have a like button, it is noticeably absent here. Hence, why it is often brought up in many posts.

Keeping in mind that changing the software costs money for a new license and the consultant's time charges for configuring it, maybe more forum members need to consider moving up from stars to flags....

Just a thought.

MMBLUE
07-15-2015, 02:48 AM
Keeping in mind that changing the software costs money for a new license and the consultant's time charges for configuring it, maybe more forum members need to consider moving up from stars to flags....

Just a thought.

Good point. I'll betcha we have a member or members here who do this for a living and probably might step up if asked or proposed? Everyone has to make a living but, I'm sure it can be done at a reasonable cost and kept in house.

Just a thought.

martyo
07-15-2015, 02:52 AM
Good point. I'll betcha we have a member or members here who do this for a living and probably might step up if asked or proposed? Everyone has to make a living but, I'm sure it can be done at a reasonable cost and kept in house.

Just a thought.

It is more time consuming and expensive than you think.

Plus Doug Boss has been running this site for a long time and doing a very good job of it. Changing horses in the middle of the race would not make good sense.

lji372
07-15-2015, 04:16 AM

Just a thought.

Remember, you get what you pay for.........

fastblackmerc
07-15-2015, 04:33 AM
Don't care if there's a like button or not.............

Bluerauder
07-15-2015, 05:12 AM
.... maybe more forum members need to consider moving up from stars to flags....

Just a thought.

I see what you did ^^^^^ there. :up: or maybe even a double LIKE :2thumbs:

Seems this is another Non-Problem seeking an expensive solution. :P

Haggis
07-15-2015, 05:32 AM

Not needed.....:violin:

MMBLUE
07-15-2015, 07:34 AM
.... maybe more forum members need to consider moving up from stars to flags....

I get your point as was a previous contributor/flag bearer at one time and have my reasons why I'm not now.

It is more time consuming and expensive than you think.

Plus Doug Boss has been running this site for a long time and doing a very good job of it. Changing horses in the middle of the race would not make good sense.

Heck.. you know who ran on hope and change. Change can be good. Good companies change things up to keep from getting complacent and change up vendors as well. It's a healthy business practice.

Remember, you get what you pay for.........

Got the pun

I see what you did ^^^^^ there. :up: or maybe even a double LIKE :2thumbs:

Seems this is another Non-Problem seeking an expensive solution. :P

Explained earlier responding to Marty and in previous posts why I'm not a flag bearer.

Your second comment is typical establishment thinking and I totally understand.

My asking the original question was to spur dialogue about it. Which, Bunny explained in detail about vBulletin (Thank you)" Doug, our Server Admin says vBulletin isn't keeping up with the times and forums are looking at other software options...." . Totally explainable, and why other forums/companies are looking for alternatives. Because the one they are with isn't hitting the mark to satisfy there needs.

justbob
07-15-2015, 08:38 AM
Without change some get to be too comfortable. That's a fact.

Builder Of Badassery

Ms. Denmark
07-15-2015, 10:48 AM
Ditto

Not needed.....:violin:
Ditto

Builder Of Badassery Then I should be pretty UNcomfortable.:P Very little in my life stays the same for two minutes...except for the most important things and... even he keeps me on my toes. :D

Seriously, don't personally need or care about a "like"button" but know it's a thing people like to do. Whatever blows up your skirt.

fastblackmerc
07-15-2015, 10:54 AM
Ditto

Ditto
Then I should be pretty UNcomfortable.:P Very little in my life stays the same for two minutes...except for the most important things and... even he keeps me on my toes. :D

Seriously, don't personally need or care about a "like"button" but know it's a thing people like to do. Whatever blows up your skirt.

Just subscribe to the thread......

Mr. Man
07-15-2015, 11:13 AM
Doug, our Server Admin says vBulletin isn't keeping up with the times and forums are looking at other software options...." . Totally explainable, and why other forums/companies are looking for alternatives. Because the one they are with isn't hitting the mark to satisfy there needs.
If the program we are using is becoming obsolete I understand getting a new one. Whatever we rebuild it with should be stronger, faster, better, if it comes with a "Like" button fine, if not there's always Facebook.

lji372
07-15-2015, 01:08 PM

Builder Of Badassery

that was obamas thinking too :eek: