PDA

View Full Version : Happen to Ford?

Donald
07-21-2015, 08:23 PM
Is it just a matter of time?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/11754089/Hacker-remotely-crashes-Jeep-from-10-miles-away.html

Badass_forever
07-21-2015, 09:33 PM
nope, fords system is amazing. I believe 128bit encryption. good luck trying to get threw that ****.

slickster
07-21-2015, 09:58 PM
considering the nsa has access to onstar Google facebook etc etc this should be another plus in there book. Unless they know this is way too easy and there trying to scar car makers into not having this technology? Or they want to take credit for some reasons?

RF Overlord
07-22-2015, 03:43 AM
Ford no longer makes anything I like. GM has the Police Caprice, but it's kinda ugly. Don't even mention BMW. That pretty much left the Charger or the Challenger...

Not any more. Sigh.

Haggis
07-22-2015, 05:28 AM
Ford does not network their cars like GM and Chrysler. With Ford you need an external device, like your cell phone to connect to the net. Therefore if there is a problem just disconnect your phone.

Bad_S55
07-22-2015, 08:27 AM
I always knew this was bound to happen.

Crown Vicman
07-22-2015, 10:13 AM
I knew it was going to happen too. All of this technology piled into these new vehicles is nothing but a big mess waiting to happen. Older cars are the best cars.

Nightcrawler
07-22-2015, 06:25 PM
But then I could hack a hellcat, and have it delivered to my house!

Joe Walsh
07-22-2015, 06:38 PM
Yep...saw this on the news today.
They also killed the engine while the guy was on the highway at speed.

Like other posters have said:
All this grand technology in autos just leads to more B.S. happening!

BTW: Those new Jeeps are so F-in' ugly that crashing into a ditch probably made it look better.

Badass_forever
07-22-2015, 06:55 PM
I like almost everything the Big3 have came out with, I LOVE the new ram, nothing can touch that truck as far as looks and horsepower. The hellcat platform is just killing it, they cant make them fast enough. For a cheaper sports car, the new mustang is a homerun. the ONLY car i do not like is the new vette, z06 or stingray, they are so ****ing ugly. thats good tho, they keep driving down the prices of the c6's.

Donald
07-22-2015, 09:11 PM
People also have to remember than anything in your house than can be reached by your cell phone when away from the building may be hackable. Nest thermostat, baby monitor, fridge, smart door bell, cams, PC, Amazon Echo, etc.

If it has an IP address it can be reached. Hacked may be another matter.

RF Overlord
07-23-2015, 04:24 AM
But then I could hack a hellcat, and have it deliver itself to my house!Fixed it for you.

Joe Walsh
08-06-2015, 07:57 AM
GREAT!.....:mad2:

More things to worry about because of these F'-in hackers!

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/08/06/haker-rolljam-device-can-steal-your-car-keys-open-your-garage/?intcmp=hpbt1

ctrlraven
08-06-2015, 09:31 AM
Ford does not network their cars like GM and Chrysler. With Ford you need an external device, like your cell phone to connect to the net. Therefore if there is a problem just disconnect your phone.
^This.

Ford's Sync system is off the grid unless connected by bluetooth or wired device with wi-fi enabled. Even to update Sync yourself you'd need to install a file on a usb flash drive and plug it in.

The Mytouch system which is the new Sync system is Windows CE based programming, it can be hacked and it already has BUT not via wireless. It must be done physically in the car with a CD and SDcard.

ctrlraven
08-06-2015, 09:35 AM
GREAT!.....:mad2:

More things to worry about because of these F'-in hackers!

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/08/06/haker-rolljam-device-can-steal-your-car-keys-open-your-garage/?intcmp=hpbt1

That's nothing new, any vehicle that uses a "smart key" or laser key (Fiat/Chrysler/Mercedes) is using an rf signal still.

Donald
08-16-2015, 06:44 PM
http://www.wired.com/2015/08/hackers-cut-corvettes-brakes-via-common-car-gadget/