PDA

View Full Version : Back in the shop today...bent control arm...

woaface
05-06-2004, 10:22 AM
Finally made it back to the body shop today to figure out what's wrong with my car.

After taking it to the body shop, then the service department down the street (where they looked at it for an hour and a half) and then back to the body shop (took the tech there who I really like 10 minutes to find it) he decided that the service shop is full of it and then proceeded to show me my front control arms.

The lower driver's side control arm is slightly bent and mis-formed. He allowed me to verify this and comparing one control arm to the other you could definitely see a difference.

Also, the knuckle has been flexing, and you can see where this has happened, where as the one that isn't broken is smooth and flat, while the other one is rough and flexed looking.

They'll have the parts in a few days, and I take it up there Monday or Tuesday to have them install it....

WHOO!

The tech, who's name is Harold...is really cool, he just bought a Grand Marquis! Said he didn't want a Marauder because he was extremely concerned about the paint troubles they've had...so he bought a Marquis instead.

Haggis
05-06-2004, 10:44 AM
Bad luck seems to be following you lately James. I suggest you trade your car in for that Marauder you always wanted. Hope you get everything fix so you can enjoy driving again. Good luck.

woaface
05-06-2004, 12:14 PM
Car is plenty drivable, and I've been pestering my mom about a Marauder or AT LEAST something else, the car has been paid off for about 2 years now.

She said she wouldn't want me to have an MM or new car yet, and the Marquis has only 40,900 miles on it so we'll have it another year and a half to two years, run it up to 60-65,000 miles and then she said I could very well get a Marauder, but I'll have to help out, so from here till then, very little money will be invested in the Marquis past oil changes and such.

Thanks Gordon...and I'm also willing to be the one I get will already have some performance investment in it such as rear gears and plugs at least.:D

woaface
05-06-2004, 01:43 PM
*Edit on that Haggis...

Mom said she'll keep the Marquis and buy me my own car (if I help out and keep up on it's service of course) in a year, year and a half. So I'm praying I'll find a Marauder cheap enough!

It'll be the James-Marauder Campaign!!

"An 03' is good enough for me!"

Patrick
05-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Hey James your mom makes good sense. And she is willing to help you buy a new car. Not give you one! Just my 2 cents but some good values being set!Good things come to good people!!! You will have a Rauder and I cant wait for the first post, "IGOT MY RAUDER"!!! Hang in their and DONT settle for something else!!!!!!

Patrick

woaface
05-06-2004, 06:41 PM
Sorry, I suddenly changed my mind...I want an Accord:uzi: :D

Patrick
05-06-2004, 06:54 PM
:puke: Please dont!!!!!!!!!!

jgc61sr2002
05-06-2004, 07:14 PM

Yeah Right. :lol: :D

Haggis
05-07-2004, 06:46 AM

Traitor...http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/0/pikachusgoodbye.gif

Bluerauder
05-07-2004, 06:54 AM
April 1st again?? Have to reset the calendar. My, how time flies. :)