PDA

View Full Version : AT&T uverse So upset I have to vent

Turbov6Bryan
08-03-2015, 04:38 PM
Back in March the Internet and TV service that comes to my house was so bad they had..... No joke, 27 different technicians to my house in 40 days.

They finally get it figured out

They finally compensate me on my bill.
It got so bad again I canceled it Thursday.

I'm fed up I'm upset they call me today and tell me I owe them money, literally att bill collectors called me to pay my bill???????? What the freak? I just got the one month bill two days prior, it's still not due... So why the phone call?

I owe them for two months from July to August and my one year is up August 13

well now they're telling me I have two bills two full months which I just paid 30 days ago

i'm current on all my bills so I called today they hang up I call back I get them put on hold for 45 minutes.

finally get a hold of her and they say that I owe another month and Thursday the guy that I canceled with said not to pay the bill.

so I went ahead and wrote the check, checks in the mail, good riddance to you AT&T

If anyone is thinking of going with them, please do some research on customer service, the worst I've ever dealt with in my life

I don't want to even get started on their manager that kept taking over me, I put my foot down and jumped all up in his grille...

They were not happy with me,!! It's like they bait you and provoke you into jumping into their #%^*
Ok I'm done, rant off. Oooohhhhhmmmmm. Oooohhhhhhhhmmmmmm Ohhhhhhmmmmmm

fastblackmerc
08-03-2015, 05:16 PM
I've had Uverse going on 3 years. Had a problem 2 months ago, tech came out and installed all new equipment (router, 1GB switches and out side equipment) said it was old stuff. Didn't cost me a dime.......

fastblackmerc
08-03-2015, 05:20 PM
In the 26 years we've lived in this house I've had Dish, Time Warner Cable and Direct TV. Also had ATT in the beginning.. modem days.....

Time Warner Cable is by far the worst, the two satellite companies are about equal. UVerse is by far the best of the lot.

BTW.... getting Google fiber installed soon.....

chief455
08-03-2015, 05:47 PM
I went through same thing when they sold me upgrade to Uverse.
I kept losing my internet and/or phone from the modem, but modem still had signal.
Techs tried every new hard wire from the pole right to my computer, and 5 modems, like 5 visits.
I got them to eat one month and cut another by helf on my bill.
Issue finally resolved by tech that changed feed to my street pole back to the next main pole.
Never dropped again in over one year.
It is all over Google, Youtube - how to bypass their crappy modem.
Problem for me was I had great service and history for 25 years with ATT, it's just a new product and new people.
I guess be patient, polite, show cause for refund, and if you have other service options, switch.

Turbov6Bryan
08-03-2015, 07:18 PM
Chief, yeah I got that same deal 1/2 off one month and one free. But I had 13 separate appointments! I just got fet up with it

I had zero issues before, then the air card in their box down the street wouldn't work right.... It got to the point after everything was replaced 3 times they started climbing poles and fixing wires. Well that didn't fix it..

I just gave up with AT&T, they offered me dish network. I guess they own them too... I declined

Merc- I had uverse in the past before this go around, I had no issues. Once it failed back in March, 75% of the techs left and it would drop signal in a few hours. Then I'd make another appointment for them cause it was still broken.

They didn't charge me for the service calls and equipment either because it was all on their end. Nothing inside my house was causing the issue.

Google will be nice for ya

tbone
08-04-2015, 12:19 PM
I had Uverse. I had them out over 15 times, no exaggeration, to fix the freezing picture over a 2 year period. One guy came and left without saying a word. It always had problems. I now have DirecTV again. No issues. I'm pissed that AT&T bought them out.

Turbov6Bryan
08-04-2015, 12:25 PM
I wasn't sure if it was dish network or direct tv.... I didn't care

cant wait for Google in the future

88LTDCV351
08-04-2015, 01:16 PM
Who still uses cable for anything other than Internet? Cut the cord a long time ago. There are lots of shows to watch on CBS.com etc., Netflix, Amazon, etc. :-) Actually, my GF made me get cable again a month ago so she can watch her house flipper and remodel shows on HGTV. Otherwise, there is nothing good on anyway.

tbone
08-04-2015, 01:24 PM
I enjoy it. Netflix and Amazon get old. I also watch the news a lot.

PapaDoe
08-04-2015, 02:29 PM
Who still uses cable for anything other than Internet? Cut the cord a long time ago. There are lots of shows to watch on CBS.com etc., Netflix, Amazon, etc. :-) Actually, my GF made me get cable again a month ago so she can watch her house flipper and remodel shows on HGTV. Otherwise, there is nothing good on anyway.

Lol. Was that smiley sarcastic? It was hilarious either way...at least to me it was because I've observed over the past couple of years that whenever someone on a forum says something about hating their cable/satellite provider, there is always at least 1 person who replies and says something along the lines of what you said.

"I don't even have cable...I cut the cord years ago...I just have internet and watch Netflix/Hulu/Roku/Amazon Prime."

It's no big deal...it's just funny to me. But it's always the women who make us have more than what we care to have. My wife HAS to have Bravo, VH1, OWN, and Lifetime...and of course the packages are strategically put together such that you have to have the higher tier in order to have those channels. And with that higher tier comes a bunch of unnecessary channels. Yeah...it's a rip-off.

tbone
08-04-2015, 02:52 PM
I have all the movie channels. I call and threaten to cancel the Ultimate Package and they ALWAYS reduce the bill and offer free stuff to stay with it. I have to call every 3 to 6 months. No big deal.