PDA

View Full Version : New long blocks,3 year warranty.

ledahettice
08-05-2015, 06:02 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-6-L-Longblock-Crate-Engine-with-3-Year-Unlimited-Mile-Warranty-DFEY-/321672304929?hash=item4ae529d9 21&vxp=mtr

TooManyFords
08-05-2015, 06:36 PM
If you want me to go look at it, that motor happens to be in my home town.

Badass_forever
08-05-2015, 06:50 PM
"warrenty"

martyo
08-05-2015, 07:42 PM
These are reman'd not new.

chief455
08-05-2015, 08:14 PM
These are reman'd not new.
without a single description of exact NEW or remanufatured parts are used during the rebuild, or machine work performed. :shake:

lifespeed
08-06-2015, 01:19 PM
Just another ebay "entrepreneur" reselling somebody else's product.

This is only useful information once the actual rebuilder is named. Reman can be legit, but the devil is in the details. Really, any engine (or transmission) for our car is going to be reman, it is just a question of the quality of the work and parts.

Red91LX
08-06-2015, 04:00 PM
According to their website..."This part is not compatible with 2003 Mercury Marauder Base Sedan 4-Door 4.6L 281Cu. In. V8 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated." Go figure :(

Blown3.8
08-06-2015, 05:46 PM
According to their website..."This part is not compatible with 2003 Mercury Marauder Base Sedan 4-Door 4.6L 281Cu. In. V8 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated." Go figure :(

Most likely because of the oil pan and pick up and the front cover.

martyo
08-06-2015, 06:53 PM

Most likely because of the oil pan and pick up and the front cover.

Which generally means that you have no hope of getting a warranty claim honored....

71cyclone
08-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Well gentlemen / This evening I was able to down load my E-tune [MOE's] to my SCT-3 tuner with the assistance of "MOE", 'During Dinner with his Wife', MOE called me back promptly during dinner and with his "sharp " tech support and patience, I found out my old XP computer was useless and my up to date Lap was not completely loaded[my error] with the New SCT program. ,one hour and 20 minutes later The old DR tune was erased and reloaded with MOE's Program and re-loaded with the Merc. Now the MERC is real snappy and improved . Thanks AGAIN [ I still owe the MRS's flowers ] Be on the look out from Pro Flowers. ,,Thanks again ,-- on my next rebuild I will drive past 2 area speed shops [JPC for one] and visit your shop .

martyo
08-07-2015, 05:01 AM
Well gentlemen / This evening I was able to down load my E-tune [MOE's] to my SCT-3 tuner with the assistance of "MOE", 'During Dinner with his Wife', MOE called me back promptly during dinner and with his "sharp " tech support and patience, I found out my old XP computer was useless and my up to date Lap was not completely loaded[my error] with the New SCT program. ,one hour and 20 minutes later The old DR tune was erased and reloaded with MOE's Program and re-loaded with the Merc. Now the MERC is real snappy and improved . Thanks AGAIN [ I still owe the MRS's flowers ] Be on the look out from Pro Flowers. ,,Thanks again ,-- on my next rebuild I will drive past 2 area speed shops [JPC for one] and visit your shop .

No need for the flowers - I got her drunk and well.... :D

It was a pleasure helping you out!

Let me know if you need anything else!