PDA

View Full Version : Addco Bar???

Marauderjack
05-07-2004, 03:15 AM
I installed an Addco "Anti-Sway" bar yesterday and was surprised to find that my stock one was solid.....not hollow as so many have stated here?? :rolleyes:

The Addco unit is larger and feels more positive but I honestly don't see a significand improvement in handling!! I haven't really driven the "twisties" yet so I'll reserve final comments awhile.... :up:

BTW...The directions stated that for best results us both front and rear bars?? Has anyone tried one up front?? :cool4:

Marauderjack :)

RF Overlord
05-07-2004, 04:03 AM
Has anyone tried one up front??
The ADDCO replacement rear bar is larger than the factory one (25.4 mm vs. 21 mm), but their front sway bar and the factory one are the same size, so there'd be no advantage to replacing it...

purelux
05-07-2004, 07:22 AM
I thought I heard the addcos are actually an inferior metal to the spring steel of the stock bars or if made for panther's hellwig bars. So at the same size they actually are no better. I got a rear bar from a member here on my towncar98 and with it and oem bushings I noticed quite a boost from my stock 17mm and oem bushings. I got poly rear bushings and didn't notice much difference. So I could see that you may not notice an extra flat cornering ability in normal driving. But I do notice that when pushing it its quite predicatable and seems as if its going to understeer a bit then the rear comes-through (not swinging around) but rather comming "loose" a bit to help you corner. Hard to describe, but with your extra hp and weight over my car the bar should be helpful in the twisties or when your pushing it hard around corners but probably unoticable on regular coners and driving.

warren
05-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Noticed a noise like something in trunk moving around over bumps and some
hi-speed turns.
Checked the super cool ADCO bar from DennisR and.....
the two nuts needed to come up 1/4"" more & low and behold
no more noise.
Mine has been on for 15K+, it pays to check.
For me this bar made a big difference in cornering from the origional
softer bar.

WarrenB:)

Petrograde
05-10-2004, 02:57 PM
where the hell can I get a FRONT sway bar?

:help:

RCSignals
05-10-2004, 03:34 PM
I thought I heard the addcos are actually an inferior metal to the spring steel of the stock bars
Basically that's true. The Addco bars only mild steel, however the stock rear bars (or at least some of them) are apparently hollow.

RF Overlord
05-10-2004, 03:47 PM
where the hell can I get a FRONT sway bar?

Petro, the car already HAS a front sway bar...if you increase the size of the front bar, you'll offset some of the effects of the new rear bar and have to put on an even BIGGER one...which I'm not sure anyone makes...

Petrograde
05-10-2004, 04:28 PM
Petro, the car already HAS a front sway bar...if you increase the size of the front bar, you'll offset some of the effects of the new rear bar and have to put on an even BIGGER one...which I'm not sure anyone makes...

I know there's a front sway bar, but it looks as flimsy as the stock rear sway bar. I believe KB sells a set of sway bars for front and rear. If memory serves, they run about $600? for the set. hmmm I wonder if they'd split a set?

joflewbyu2
05-10-2004, 05:38 PM
look at the bottom of this page http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/marauder.shtml

Zack
05-10-2004, 05:44 PM
Summit Racing.com has Addco sway bars for $149.00 everyday price.
Check it out!
Yes, its for the Marauder

Petrograde
05-10-2004, 06:22 PM
Summit Racing.com has Addco sway bars for $149.00 everyday price.
Check it out!
Yes, its for the Marauder

Unfortunatly, it's only for the rear, no fronts :depress: Not to mention I bought mine for $200 on sale...sigh :rolleyes:

look at the bottom of this page http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/marauder.shtml

Thanks dude! :up: Sean Hyland... that's right! I was wondering why I couldn't find them on the KB website!

RCSignals
05-11-2004, 12:14 AM
Check with Wes Chain

Dennis Reinhart
05-11-2004, 04:02 AM
The ADDCO bar has been proved to help the cars handling its larger and comes with polly bushings, there is no comparison to the stock one, the front bar on our cars is huge and if you replaced it with a firmer it would actualy hurt the car launching, by not allowing weight to transfer to the rear tires, the complaints about noise was do to the end links not being tightened enough.