PDA

View Full Version : Unbiased love of all cars

Finally
08-13-2015, 09:59 AM
Who else he can say they love them all,Ford chev dodge hell even Amc,myself I have met some Chev guys that won't even talk to you if you own something else,some people can get real clicky.
Me,I drive a Cummins dodge truck,just bought my wife a Chevy Cruz and have my Marauder and am currently building a Cleveland powered 4 speed 1971 Pinto for street strip use.still would like to own a 69-70 Grand Prix and will one day own a 71 429 SCJ Mustang.
All cars are cool

Tony

kirk
08-13-2015, 10:04 AM
While I buy primarily Ford vehicles and consider myself a Ford guy, I do like cars from all brands. My first 3 cars were Datsuns and I would love to have a couple of them now. I like many cars from GM, Chrysler, old orphan brands, and foreign cars.

If it's got wheels I generally like it.

RF Overlord
08-13-2015, 10:09 AM
All cars are coolExcept the Aztek

the Murano
the Juke
the Tribeca

and the entire current Lincoln lineup

martyo
08-13-2015, 10:11 AM
All cars are cool

^^^ This ^^^

88CuttyClassic
08-13-2015, 11:25 AM
not me. i'm down to talk to owners of all cars but i dont have interest in all cars. I mainly stick to G-bodys, buicks, olds, marauders, TYs/SYs, mopars, 3rd gen F-bodys, 63/64 impalas, testarosas, countach/diablos and corvettes. I dont have much interest in, front wheel drive, fords, cobras, chevelles/novas, roadster hotrods, any camaros not 3rd gen, porsches, etc..I flat out hate rat rods, bmws, asian imports, anything cambered (stanced out), vws (except superbeatles) , anything purposely painted satin finish, diesel trucks, etc. I'm not gonna look at stuff i have zero interest in because i wont have anything constructive to say. better to avoid it unlike the idiots who come up to cars and say stuff like "too bad its not a stick". like bro, 99% chance you cant outshift my automatic and you probably came here in a rusted POS.

I guess i'm just pretty specific in what i like. I dont see nothing wrong with sticking within a group of cars you enjoy as long as you aren't stuck up about it. One oddity i do like is older bone stock origina cars regardless of what it is. i recently saw a MINT plymouth horizon at a car cruise. pretty crappy cars but it was still cool to see one unmolested. I can respect that. thats more interesting to me than some vega with a giant motor and tires 2 foot wide in the rear but its probably never ran the 1/4 in the last 20 years.

slickster
08-13-2015, 02:11 PM
Also have 03 Toyota corolla s dd. 2014 accord touring hybrid 50mpg wife car but I love that car drive it every chance I get

lifespeed
08-13-2015, 02:22 PM
Back in the late 1980's I was a solid General Motors fan, and I think with good reason. Full-frame with good suspension (think A-body Chevelle and GTO) and it was hard to beat the Chevy motors. Chrysler and Ford had sheetmetal front ends, and while the motors could be made powerful didn't really have anything over Chevrolet engines. But the flexible chassis were a disaster.

As time went on GM gave up on the full-size V8 rear wheel drive platform and Ford released the overhead cam 4.6L motor. When they put the 32V version of the 4.6L in the Marauder I knew I had to have one. A modern, 4-door version of the GM A-body with a high-revving DOHC engine.

I like to think I appreciate good engineering no matter who built it. And while I do like most cool old cars and musclecars, I also understand that they aren't all created equal and have good points and bad points. Like the old Mustangs that everybody loves for the cool look, but have a disaster of a chassis and suspension. Which can be addressed if you're willing to completely modify it.

jerrym3
08-14-2015, 06:42 AM
I can't say I like all cars, mainly because some models just aren't interesting enough to give them a second look. It's not that I dislike them, I just don't get too interested in them, and that goes for all makes.

But, when my Galaxie was allowed to enter a recent Corvette only show, I got a lot of looks from Corvette owners and zero negative comments. (I set up a fact sheet under my hood, and that in itself makes people stop, read, and then look at the car.)

Color matters also. My car is a bright turquoise. If it were something more common, I wonder if it might go un-noticed.

A guy with a Corvette sat next to me and we BS'ed about cars for most of the afternoon. No Ford vs Chevy talk.

Fastbob
08-14-2015, 07:25 AM
:flamer:Not me, I hate most cars...Most Chevys suck and Dodge is the absolute worst, especially the diesels.:flamer:

jerrym3
08-14-2015, 04:13 PM
I can't comment too much on the newer cars, but when it comes to cars from the 50/60's, there are a few years where IMHO GM ruled.

I remember in 1960 looking for a car to replace my 54 Olds that was falling apart. A used car dealer had three converts that caught my eye, all for the same price, $1,095.

Two 58 Fords, one white and one light blue, and a 57 white Olds 98.

I jumped on the Olds.

MERCULES
08-14-2015, 04:45 PM
I enjoy them all to a certain degree but have personal preferences and respect peoples passion for what they own.

I have a 2006 Volvo XC-70 all wheel drive wagon that is the most versatile and incredibly comfortable vehicle I have ever owned. Also fantastic in the snow and can tow a small house.

I will forever and always own a Volvo XC-70 for da aily driver and am currently looking at a 2013 model for an upgrade.

The Marauder is for sunny days and good times. :)

chief455
08-14-2015, 05:03 PM
all cars can be cool, and to each their own - if they modified it, and they like it, it's theirs to be proud of.
I prefer several makes and models, but am always surprised when something else catches my eye.

WhatsUpDOHC
08-14-2015, 05:41 PM
I wouldn't say all cars but the sound of a purpose-built engine (with associated smell of racing fuel and burning rubber) will always light my fire.

blkZooM
08-14-2015, 06:23 PM
I just like learning about engines and if there was a specific car I would say I am bias to any four door vehicle that is fast, I'm actually into sedans more than coupes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

camelgrundle
08-14-2015, 06:37 PM
I only like cars I like, lol doesn't matter who makes them!!!

MrMarauder
08-14-2015, 08:58 PM
I don't remember all the cars I've owned. I started buying and selling when I was 15 and I've owned some cool cars and some really awful one's. I found that I've ended up keeping some cars which i never thought I would love that I only bought to sell. Currently I have all these crammed into my back yard. 1972 Buick Skylark (Cadillac 425cu V-8), 1968 Cadillac Eldorado, 1971 Cadillac Eldorado convertible,1978 Cadillac Eldorado T-top, 1984 Cadillac Eldorado convertible, 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Hearse, 1998 Cadillac Eldorado, 1979 Chevy stepside 4x4 (lifted), 1979 Chrysler 300 clone, 1970 Ford Country Squire wagon, 1988 Ford Country Squire,1991 Ford F-150 4x4, 1991 Ford Econoline, 1998 Ford Taurus SHO, 1978 Lincoln TownCoupe, 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII, 1969 Mercury Marauder X100, 2003 Mercury Marauder, 1989 Nissan 300zx, and a 1988 Plymouth Colt Vista. I like to think of myself as a lover of all cars.

lifespeed
08-15-2015, 03:53 AM
How do you afford to maintain and insure them all? Do they all run?

jerrym3
08-15-2015, 06:20 AM
I've never owned a MoPar, although my dad bought a new leftover 67 Plymouth Belvedere. Nice 2 dr hardtop.

I never disliked them, and there was a period when they were almost unbeatable on the strip, but I just never got hooked on MoPars.

The closest I came was back in the late 70's when I considered getting rid of my Galaxie and buying a 57 DeSoto. Decided to fix up the Galaxie instead.

When I was young, I bought any Ford or GM car that I could afford. One clunker would die, I'd buy another clunker. (Cars didn't go a heck of a lot of miles in those days before self destructing.)

As I got older, I turned to Fords after getting a job in a Ford Parts Depot.

MrMarauder
08-15-2015, 06:42 AM
How do you afford to maintain and insure them all? Do they all run?

I just switch out and drive the good running one's every so often. I usually get a 30 day permit so I don't have to bother with registering them all. I don't bother insuring them all. They aren't show cars by any means. My 03 Marauder is the most expensive car I've ever bought. I do keep it insured though since it's my daily driver. For my collectible stuff I go through Condon and Skelly to insure. Their collector's insurance is only $70 to 90 per year for each vehicle and they don't check your mileage every year like Hagarty. I love owning such a wide variety of cheap cars. If one breaks, I just buy another and usually still make my money back. I used to be a "Cadillac or nothing" kind of guy and I'm so glad I broke that habit. I've owned some weird little cars that i've really come to love like my 88' Plymouth Colt Vista. Out of all my cars, that would be one of the last I ever sell because there's just something fun to me about that car.

slickster
08-27-2015, 08:20 PM
Just got this taco that I needed for work. 01 Tacoma sr5 2.4 at 98k miles. I'll be dead befor this thng dies. Just clay bar and wax it. Love the classic white walls:D

tbone
08-28-2015, 07:50 AM
I've owned dozens of new and used cars over the years. The best have been GM, and the worst have been GM. Go figure.

But my favorite is of course, the Marauder.

Donald
08-28-2015, 08:03 AM
I still like the Edsel. :)

Serge
08-28-2015, 08:07 AM
I love all cars except Honda. Everybody hates those things.

slickster
08-28-2015, 09:48 AM

99 to 03 accord Acura TL Odyssey had the worst transmission life span of all. But strong motors

88CuttyClassic
08-28-2015, 11:57 AM
strong motors and honduh are two things that dont go together. enduring, lasting, etc, yes..... strong? noooo nooo nooo noo

1Marauder
08-30-2015, 08:39 PM
Yes, I think there is something in approaching each car/make unto its own, the measuring its goods and beads against those. BUT I do think there are some that are flops, Aztec, pinto, etc...

So many neat cars to check out... So little dime...

slickster
08-30-2015, 09:23 PM
Dodge intrepid/stratus :puke: I never seen so many cars fail

88CuttyClassic
08-31-2015, 08:59 AM
Dodge intrepid/stratus :puke: I never seen so many cars fail

my old boss had 2 intrepids. a 94 that he sold with over 400K and a 99 he sold with 260k. 95% highway miles.

Joe Walsh
08-31-2015, 09:42 AM
I love all cars except Honda, and Toyota. Everybody hates those things.

There fixed it for ya!....:2thumbs:

99 to 03 accord Acura TL Odyssey
had the worst transmission life span of all. But strong motors

Sounds more like a Chrysler...LOL

I like any car that isn't dawdling along in front of me in the fast lane with their turn signal stuck permanently "ON".

tbone
08-31-2015, 10:09 AM
strong motors and honduh are two things that dont go together. enduring, lasting, etc, yes..... strong? noooo nooo nooo noo

My wife's 13 Accord V6 has 300 hp, an official 0-60 time of 5.9 and a 1/4 mile time of 13.9. Stock. It's fast, smooth and quiet, yet sounds great when you stomp on it. I never would have believed it either. Drive one. You will agree.

JBeezy
08-31-2015, 11:01 AM
My wife's 13 Accord V6 has 300 hp, an official 0-60 time of 5.9 and a 1/4 mile time of 13.9. Stock. It's fast, smooth and quiet, yet sounds great when you stomp on it. I never would have believed it either. Drive one. You will agree.
I have an 06 Accord EX-L. Love it. Plenty of power for a commute car. I can only imagine how the '13 feels

88CuttyClassic
08-31-2015, 11:34 AM

i drive a marauder everyday.. why in God's name would i ever want to be in a or drive a honda. thats cool for your wife but i stand up to pee. :hotrice:

tbone
08-31-2015, 12:25 PM
Just drive one once before you hate on it. It's faster than the 1/4 mile time you posted in your sig. Stock. Don't shoot the messenger.

ledahettice
08-31-2015, 02:32 PM
I have a gen 3 formula 350 ws6....looks the size of a matchbox car next to the marauder,it is a blast to drive.

jerrym3
08-31-2015, 04:03 PM
I still like the Edsel. :)

I was 14 when the 58 Edsel came out. I still remember walking into the local Edsel dealer to get a catalog. I think the dealership had been a Nash dealer before going Edsel.

My uncle bought a new 58 Edsel.

When they became nothing but a Galaxie with a different grille and taillights in 1960, the handwriting was already on the wall.

Joe Walsh
08-31-2015, 04:41 PM

I have an 06 Accord EX-L. Love it. Plenty of power for a commute car. I can only imagine how the '13 feels

i drive a marauder everyday.. why in God's name would i ever want to be in a or drive a honda. thats cool for your wife but i stand up to pee. :hotrice:

LMAO!!!

Just drive one once before you hate on it. It's faster than the 1/4 mile time you posted in your sig. Stock. Don't shoot the messenger.

It's not the hardware, nor the performance of a Honda that's the problem.......

It's the fact that the roads are clogged with them
and 97% of them are driven like they are occupied by morons....
and they are!

tbone
08-31-2015, 06:03 PM
LMAO!!!

It's not the hardware, nor the performance of a Honda that's the problem.......

It's the fact that the roads are clogged with them
and 97% of them are driven like they are occupied by morons....
and they are!

That's not what he said:

strong motors and honduh are two things that dont go together. enduring, lasting, etc, yes..... strong? noooo nooo nooo

97% of ALL cars are occupied by morons. Doesn't change the fact that my wife's "slow" 100% stock Honda beats his nearly stock Marauder. :bigcry: Everyone knows a stock Marauder is slow. That's why most of us that "stand up to pee" modify them heavily.

88CuttyClassic
09-01-2015, 06:33 AM
you see whats in my sig right? that marauder is my DAILY driver... if i wanted to make it faster i would but already have plenty of toys.

when i made the comment about weak hondas i had punk high school kids in their si hatchbacks in my head. your wifes car is 12 years newer and several hundred pounds lighter..its still a honda at the end of the day.

and no i will never own or drive one. i dont care if they go 300 mph or get 80 mpg...i will never own a car whos manufacture was ever part of a war effort against the united states. I have my reasons and its that simple for me.

tbone
09-01-2015, 07:16 AM
My car was my daily driver until last February with all the mods as seen below.

I used to hold a grudge against the Japanese. Not any more. All those War Lords are long dead. Besides, the car is made in Ohio, including the engine and transmission. Yes, it's still a Japanese car and the profits go back there. But let's face it. They build better cars than us. It's just a fact. They don't have unions to feed which gives them a HUGE advantage over US manufacturers, so it's not all their (US manuf) fault. $2500 per car last I read to pay inflated pay, pensions and benefits.

88CuttyClassic
09-01-2015, 08:31 AM
They build better cars than us. It's just a fact.

opinion. not fact.

Joe Walsh
09-01-2015, 05:27 PM

I used to hold a grudge against the Japanese. Not any more. All those War Lords are long dead. Besides, the car is made in Ohio, including the engine and transmission. Yes, it's still a Japanese car and the profits go back there. But let's face it. They build better cars than us. It's just a fact. They don't have unions to feed which gives them a HUGE advantage over US manufacturers, so it's not all their (US manuf) fault. $2500 per car last I read to pay inflated pay, pensions and benefits.

Yep.....and Honda and Toyota don't even have Service Departments their cars are so good!

:rolleyes:

Plus they NEVER have any recalls.....:shake:

(They just ignore the problems, act like they don't exist.... and the media plays along!)

justbob
09-01-2015, 07:02 PM

And what's wrong than making more than most? All pluses where I stand. I'll pit my my schooled confident ass against any non Union Plumber ANY day of the week! Don't act like you haven't seen the difference in quality work Tom, you used to be a super intendant remember..

Builder Of Badassery

tbone
09-02-2015, 08:26 AM
If you ask any long time mechanic they will tell you the Jap cars are better. Again, don't shoot the messenger. I am pro USA to the core, but I also can accept facts.

Unions. I was constantly after union carpenters, plumbers, electricians, drywallers, painters, etc. to do their job, do it quickly and do it right. Never ending battle. Better than non union? Well, non union employees work in fear of losing their job. Union employees don't have that worry. Non union Ohio Honda makes higher quality cars than the same ones made in Japan per articles I have read. I don't have a grudge against unions. But they do have their drawbacks. Glad they have been good to you Bob. Sincerely.

The unions cost the US automakers $2500 more per car on average than the Japs have to absorb. Just reporting the facts.

tbone
09-02-2015, 08:38 AM
Yep.....and Honda and Toyota don't even have Service Departments their cars are so good!

:rolleyes:

Plus they NEVER have any recalls.....:shake:

(They just ignore the problems, act like they don't exist.... and the media plays along!)

The Mazda dealership where I bought my 6 has ONE certified Mazda tech. It's a big dealership and that's all they need.

Where did I say Jap cars are ZERO defect machines? And every car needs regular servicing. Hence the term SERVICE DEPARTMENT.

slickster
09-02-2015, 08:49 AM

You mean the car that most people love and the one car that sells the most? And One of the most dependable cars after 2003?

88CuttyClassic
09-02-2015, 01:15 PM
First off...many dealer "techs" are glorified parts changers. they have ASE certs out the ying yang but dont know their *** from a hole in the ground.

ask any REAL long time mechanic and they might tell you hondas and toyotas keep them in business. My long time mechanic has been doing it since 1970 and he said asian car owners have an inflated ego about their cars. if their car comes in broken they will tell you how great it is. where as an owner of an american car with the same issue will complain its a piece of crap. this is what year of media propaganda and urban myths have done.

what does my mechanic drive? a 92 grand marquis, an 08 mercury montego and 98 GMC yukon. He is one of the main reasons i got turned on to the Panther cars. he was not a ford guy but couldnt deny the quality of the panther cars.

you keep using the word "fact" incorrectly to describe an opinion.

tbone
09-02-2015, 04:22 PM
There are literally thousands of articles, surveys, magazines etc. over the last 40+ years that back up my claim. I don't remember reading even one that says our cars as a whole are more reliable than the Japanese. (Hard to swallow, but true). So, not an opinion, but FACT based all this research. Sounds to me like yours is an opinion that you can't back up. If you can, I'm all ears. I would LOVE to be proved wrong. Let's see it. Sorry, but what your mechanic drives does not make your case. LOL

justbob
09-02-2015, 05:06 PM
Well, non union employees work in fear of losing their job. Union employees don't have that worry.

The first line is backwards as we have priced ourselves so high that there is no longer room for any kind of error. I'm okay with that, it keeps me on my toes and makes me strive to be the best of the best.

The second line is laughable. Maybe the UAW have something worked out but we can get fired just like any job out there. Most trade unions really don't have many bylaws that aren't already federal labor laws. Think of it as a personal labor lawyer if they were to brake the law. Most anything else is common sense. I.E. Lay off is pay off..

I just wanted people to understand there is many different types of unions. I myself just eleven years ago bashed all of them. An opportunity arose and I was desperate for the work, long story short, I changed my thinking quickly and quit calling all of them "unions". Now I'll say the "UAW" or the "IBEW" as they are night and day different from each other.

Builder Of Badassery

Joe Walsh
09-02-2015, 05:33 PM
There are literally thousands of articles, surveys, magazines etc. over the last 40+ years that back up my claim. I don't remember reading even one that says our cars as a whole are more reliable than the Japanese. (Hard to swallow, but true). So, not an opinion, but FACT based all this research. Sounds to me like yours is an opinion that you can't back up. If you can, I'm all ears. I would LOVE to be proved wrong. Let's see it. Sorry, but what your mechanic drives does not make your case. LOL

Yep...you're right.

I think I'll go buy a new Honda....

then I can join the millions of other lemmings who clog the roads and who cannot drive a car.

Or....better yet
I'll buy a Toyota Camry 'S' (the 'S' stands for Sheep) complete with unintended acceleration option!! ....:2thumbs:

chief455
09-02-2015, 06:08 PM
Oh, no!
it turned into a foreign car love/hate thread :shake:

I drove my first small car daily in 1998 in order to afford the payments on my new LT-1 Formula convertible as a cruiser.
I went through some foreign cars, but not as many as the hundreds of 60-80's American V8 cars.
I can not afford to daily drive a car that gets less than 28-30 mpg and requires minimal or no unexpected repairs.
Not if I want the luxury of spending $20k+ building a toy, and driving it enough to enjoy, but not require frequent upkeep.
Enter Honda.
I actually hate the car, it is so boring. I love the weeks driving my LX Sport to work.
But, I've owned late model/new Hondas for over 10 years now, only repair was a blown navigation under warranty.

I justify driving the ho-hum crap can to work because it saves my pride and joy daily highway abuse, risk of retards hitting me every day, parking the car at a factory all night and $30/week fuel cost vs. $65 - which affords the tags and full insuance on my toy. Some of us live at the edge of our means to have a toy.
I don't brag about my Honda, I use it so I can brag about my Marauder.

tbone
09-02-2015, 06:34 PM
2 years and 21,000 miles on my wife's 13.9 second, 300 HP Honda and not one single issue. Crap load of fun to drive. Whatever. I will patiently wait for your data on American cars being the most reliable.

My wife's union teacher job is just now changing so that they can get fired for non performance, which I support wholeheartedly. My job sites were full of people that did little to nothing yet always kept their jobs. Times are changing. Good.

8UWITH6
09-02-2015, 07:12 PM
Drive whatever you want when you want. Stop trying to impress other people. I drive a Marauder because I always wanted one. I drove a 96 Impala SS before it because I always wanted one. I drove several Turbo Regal's before the Impala because I wanted them. Did I ever give one crap about what other people thought about what I drive? Never. Do I care now? Nope, Zero F's given. I still have a GN because I love them. Eventually something else will catch my attention and I will have to have it. Either way I do not care what it runs, or what options it has, or what color it is. If it makes YOU HAPPY DRIVE IT. And for the record I appreciate anything out there that is tastefully personalized and has it's own personal signature or style to it.

8UWITH6
09-02-2015, 07:13 PM
Oh yeah almost forgot..................

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRIVE SOMETHING BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOTOWN
09-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Drive whatever you want when you want. Stop trying to impress other people. I drive a Marauder because I always wanted one. I drove a 96 Impala SS before it because I always wanted one. I drove several Turbo Regal's before the Impala because I wanted them. Did I ever give one crap about what other people thought about what I drive? Never. Do I care now? Nope, Zero F's given. I still have a GN because I love them. Eventually something else will catch my attention and I will have to have it. Either way I do not care what it runs, or what options it has, or what color it is. If it makes YOU HAPPY DRIVE IT. And for the record I appreciate anything out there that is tastefully personalized and has it's own personal signature or style to it.

Very well said, i agree 100% Hell we also like the same cars!:bows:

88LTDCV351
09-02-2015, 08:57 PM
I'll look at just about any car at a car show. But the ones I spend the most time on are the american classic cars, muscle cars, vintage cop cars, and some of the newer classics like 94-96 Impala SS, GN, etc. That is where my love lies. I'm not so much into exotics, euro or asian cars. I see them every day in California and at work. There is a huge preference here for Mercedes, Lexus and BMW. And if your not so well off or don't work for a tech company, its the Toyota's, Honda's, etc. that everyone seems to drive. I don't see as many Chevy's for Fords by far.

88CuttyClassic
09-03-2015, 10:51 AM
Magazines are not unbias sources of FACT. they are indeed opinion based. i trust my mechanic more than i do some propaganda rag like motortrend. see here's the thing.. my mechanic isnt out to make a dollar on me. My mechanic is more concerned if his SON (me) is driving something safe, reliable and isnt gonna cost an arm and a leg to fix. my mechanic has my best interest at heart.

I bought a marauder so i could have as much fun driving to work as i do on the weekends in my other cars. I dont give a damn about gas mileage. if it means $500, $1000 more dollars a year in gas...so be it. it beats sitting in a tin can with crap seats. you can be those schumcks i pass everyday in their econoboxes. that aint for me. life is fantastic when i walk out the door at work and i see that big ole black beast sitting there, windows loc'd out, wheels gleaming in the sun.

i really dont wanna hear about reliablity.. my previous two daily drivers (95 park ave and a 97 lesabre) gave me ZERO trouble and they were well used by the time i bought them. even when i drive a beater i still refuse to drive junky POS. I'd still be driving my 97 lesabre if i hadn;t wanted a MM so bad.

tbone
09-03-2015, 03:56 PM
Where have you been for the last 40+ years? I mean EVERYONE knows they have kicked our asses in car building except you. Wow.

Joe Walsh
09-03-2015, 04:10 PM
Where have you been for the last 40+ years? I mean EVERYONE knows they have kicked our asses in car building except you. Wow.

You are going back 40 years and comparing the crap that Detroit made in the 70s!!

Take a look at Customer satisfaction surveys and (subjective) magazine reviews from more recent times....like the last 15 years or so.

Domestic cars, especially FORDS, do just fine, if not better than your vaunted Honda and Toyotas.

JEEZ!

Another brainwashed Honda owner!....:shake:

tbone
09-03-2015, 04:18 PM
OMG. 40 years to today. Do I have to spell out everything to the nth degree?

Yes our cars are better now. It's that little thing called competition. We still lag behind the Japs and the Germans. Sorry to upset you so much by simply stating the facts of the matter. Take 60 seconds and Google it.

lji372
09-03-2015, 04:47 PM
If it runs, I can learn to dig it :D

chief455
09-03-2015, 05:05 PM
If it runs, I can learn to dig it :D

I run...can you dig me :confused::eek:

Joe Walsh
09-03-2015, 05:38 PM
OMG. 40 years to today. Do I have to spell out everything to the nth degree?

Yes our cars are better now. It's that little thing called competition. We still lag behind the Japs and the Germans. Sorry to upset you so much by simply stating the facts of the matter. Take 60 seconds and Google it.

Enjoy your Honda!

Can't believe you also own a Marauder....:shake:

ChiTownMaraud3r
09-03-2015, 05:48 PM
I like many cars. Wearing a chevy t shirt now.

tbone
09-03-2015, 05:48 PM
I love most American cars. I don't love the solvent blistered paint job on my MM or some of the other well documented issues the car has suffered from. Yes, I will enjoy my wife's American made Honda.

When you get around to proving that the Big 3 produce superior quality cars compared to the competition, just let me know. All the information you need is on the internet. Insulting me does not prove your case.

Joe Walsh
09-03-2015, 06:56 PM
I love most American cars. I don't love the solvent blistered paint job on my MM or some of the other well documented issues the car has suffered from.

Yes, I will enjoy my wife's American made Honda.

........ :snore: ...... :snore: ...... :snore:

Don't forget to turn your Honda's turn signal off while dawdling along at 52 mph in the fast lane!

When you get around to proving that the Big 3 produce superior quality cars compared to the competition, just let me know.

Don't need to prove anything to you.....you already know it all.

All the information you need is on the internet.

And everything on the internet is true!

Insulting me does not prove your case.

Nope....not going to waste my time anymore!

I apologize to all my fellow members for wasting bandwidth arguing about Hondas with a Honda owner.

Over and OUT!

tbone
09-04-2015, 07:21 AM
Wow - you really worked hard on that one....
Go the the library if you are unable to disseminate all the vast information available on the internet.

When "poorly equipped" people have no valid facts or points for another to consider when discussing a subject, they always turn to petty insults. That's all the ammunition they have. It's as predictable as the seasons.

Actually, I did a paper in college on the subject back in the early 80's. What was true then continues to be true now. And now Japan is facing the same challenges we did with them as China emerges as the new economic power. I would talk more about it, but I don't want to confuse you with all those pesky facts and charts and complicated stuff like that.

kernie
09-04-2015, 08:58 AM
Wow - you really worked hard on that one....
Go the the library if you are unable to disseminate all the vast information available on the internet.

When "poorly equipped" people have no valid facts or points for another to consider when discussing a subject, they always turn to petty insults. That's all the ammunition they have. It's as predictable as the seasons.

Actually, I did a paper in college on the subject back in the early 80's. What was true then continues to be true now. And now Japan is facing the same challenges we did with them as China emerges as the new economic power. I would talk more about it, but I don't want to confuse you with all those pesky facts and charts and complicated stuff like that.

Are you friggin kidding me?

I can't think of anyone more "poorly equipped" than you.
And the stream of really stupid insults you spew out...

After the recent "gas prices" thread...

A laugh a day you are!

tbone
09-04-2015, 09:27 AM
How did I know you would pop your ignorant head in here......The King of Pointless Posts and Liberal Hatemongering.

If someone insults me first, I'm going to defend myself. I tried to keep it civil, but it all went downhill starting with post #36.

lji372
09-04-2015, 10:33 AM
currently looking for a yugo, please post up any leads :2thumbs:

ready.........

set..............

argue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana2:

Bluerauder
09-04-2015, 11:28 AM

"Disseminate" is not the correct word for your context. However, poorly equipped people often confuse meanings when they use big words. ;)

88CuttyClassic
09-04-2015, 12:56 PM
i must be the lucky one still driving TWO 80's GMs... you know considering american cars were such piles of crap. for some reason thou i never seem to see any 80's hondas left...thats rather odd. no toyotas either. In fact... i see TONS of 80's GM left on the road. i see TONS of 90s, lesabres, cutlass cieras, silverados, s10s, blazers, grand prixs, etc etc.. i even see a butt load of cavaliers. i RARELY see accords and camrys. i do see a bunch of civics left that look like they are on their swann song. maybe i should ask siri whats she thinks.... i mean all the FACTS are on the internet right?

now i only talked about GMs. my dad has had a ton of cars in his life. 69 gtx, 70 charger r/t, several B-body GMs, 77 lincoln,c2, c3 and c5 corvette, etc etc.... he says that 92 grand Marquis was the best car he ever owned. a crappy american car... a ford no less!! for someone whos owned his own state inspection repair shop for 35 years that actually means something compared to what the internet says. what some dweeb at car and driver writes as he sips on his starbucks latte. i mean what kinda of people do you really think write these reviews now a days? its not the same guys that were taking muscle cars out on woodward and doing their write ups. its pencil neck geeks that are more likely to fall for the old turn signal fluid trick than they are to change their own oil. you've done nothing but prove what i said originally about asian car owners. all they do is tell you how great their car is as if to make themselves seems smarter or more important than everyone who didnt buy one.

kernie
09-04-2015, 01:27 PM
How did I know you would pop your ignorant head in here......The King of Pointless Posts and Liberal Hatemongering.

If someone insults me first, I'm going to defend myself. I tried to keep it civil, but it all went downhill starting with post #36.

Post #36,

I used my head.

It's okay.

Have a cookie.

But really if you want to bring it up post #33 is the telling post...

Who gives a crap about Canadian dollars?????

If you are paying .96 CAD per liter, you're paying the equivalent of $1.26 US per liter which equates to $4.58 per gallon. The Canadian dollar is worth .76 of a US dollar.

You really are a special kind of ignoramus. Enjoy your bloated socialist gas prices. You deserve it.

Quit while you are just... behind.

Mr. Man
09-04-2015, 01:27 PM

ready.........

set..............

argue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana2:I might have what's left of one in my flower pots. :D

LIGHTNIN1
09-04-2015, 01:46 PM

ready.........

set..............

argue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana2:
http://www.getusedcar.net/detail/us/YroTpUrTrYYcUproUB/1986-YUGO-45-GV

kernie
09-04-2015, 01:58 PM
Ahh, nevermind. lol.

Joe Walsh
09-04-2015, 02:33 PM

Look at that Yugo....especially the engine!

I always thought that:
" You can't polish a turd! "

I stand corrected.

chief455
09-04-2015, 02:44 PM
Look at that Yugo....especially the engine!

I always thought that:
" You can't polish a turd! "

I stand corrected.
:D It is mint!

I thought those cracker cans had only 3 lug nuts per wheel :confused:

What car was that??

LIGHTNIN1
09-04-2015, 03:33 PM
All it needs is cupholders but it comes with new air freshener so you can't complain. I would have found somewhere else to mount spare tire, perhaps on top of hood.

Joe Walsh
09-04-2015, 04:11 PM
:D It is mint!

I thought those cracker cans had only 3 lug nuts per wheel :confused:

What car was that??

I know that Renaults had 3 lug wheels.....try finding aftermarket rims for them!

......... :hmmm: .....on second thought....Why bother?

lji372
09-04-2015, 04:19 PM

Dang! Wish it were local :alone:

chief455
09-04-2015, 04:21 PM
I know that Renaults had 3 lug wheels.....try finding aftermarket rims for them!

......... :hmmm: .....on second thought....Why bother?

LeCar - that was it!

vvvv Sweet wheelz

Joe Walsh
09-04-2015, 06:17 PM
LeCar - that was it!

vvvv Sweet wheelz

My Father-in-law owns a 1967 Matra D-Jet 6.
Look it up on the Internet....very cool, and VERY rare car.
It uses a lot of Renault components....including 3 lug rims!

chief455
09-04-2015, 06:31 PM
My Father-in-law owns a 1967 Matra D-Jet 6.
Look it up on the Internet....very cool, and VERY rare car.
It uses a lot of Renault components....including 3 lug rims!

interesting!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matra_Djet
Unbiased love fore even a 3 lug Frenchy :D

1Marauder
09-04-2015, 08:36 PM
Martra's were always cool rides

tbone
09-08-2015, 08:24 AM
"Disseminate" is not the correct word for your context. However, poorly equipped people often confuse meanings when they use big words. ;)

You are right. Decipher is what I should have written.

Wermie you are on my ignore list. So whatever hateful comments you are spouting will not be read or responded to. Trolls like you are simply not worth anyone's time or attention. You contribute NOTHING to this site, Modded Marauders or the multitude of other various forums you most certainly pollute.

kernie
09-08-2015, 09:02 AM
You are right. Decipher is what I should have written.

Wermie you are on my ignore list. So whatever hateful comments you are spouting will not be read or responded to. Trolls like you are simply not worth anyone's time or attention. You contribute NOTHING to this site, Modded Marauders or the multitude of other various forums you most certainly pollute.

Ha ha, the disseminate thingy has been bugging you for a while eh, lol.

You decided to join another hide list i see, best for you.

Run along little man.

justbob
09-08-2015, 02:36 PM
LeCar - that was it!

vvvv Sweet wheelz

Oh lord... My POS father bought my mom a new LeCar right before he walked out on us. Funny how the bad news I mentioned only pertained to the LeCar being purchased.

Builder Of Badassery

chief455
09-08-2015, 03:03 PM
Oh lord... My POS father bought my mom a new LeCar right before he walked out on us. Funny how the bad news I mentioned only pertained to the LeCar being purchased.

Builder Of Badassery
Sorry to bring that up :shake:

Perhaps he left from the LeCar shame :eek: