PDA

View Full Version : Victim of FRAUD

MYSTA KANG
05-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Yes it happen to me and my wife today. She was looking over our account and seen 199.95 missing. The Fraud come from Goodlife Financial Network and PayByCheck. I need to be in the investigative service cause I tracked them down in 20 minutes 5 days faster than my bank told us they would. People beware of information you put out on the internet or anywhere.

merc406
05-07-2004, 06:19 PM
That sucks :bigcry: I had a similar experience with the internet. :mad:

MYSTA KANG
05-07-2004, 07:29 PM
FOr the amount of people who view this only one reply...thats awful :uzi:

RCSignals
05-07-2004, 08:25 PM
never give anyone the right to debit your account (automatic payments)

TripleTransAm
05-07-2004, 08:29 PM

Yeah, that's pretty bad.

TripleTransAm
05-07-2004, 08:30 PM

Yeah, that's pretty bad.

TripleTransAm
05-07-2004, 08:31 PM
FOr the amount of people who view this only one reply... thats awful :uzi:

Yeah, that's pretty bad.

TripleTransAm
05-07-2004, 08:31 PM
FOr the amount of people who view this only one reply... thats awful :uzi:

Yeah, that's pretty bad.

RCSignals
05-07-2004, 08:51 PM
Yeah, that's pretty bad.
Not very good either

woaface
05-07-2004, 09:38 PM
Do I hear a broken record!?

J/K TTA...

My dad had his credit card number stolen before. Individual started big and Visa caught it almost that dayd. He just got a call from the credit card company asking if he had made such and such a payment to such and such a company...nope he hadn't...and he got his money back.

junehhan
05-07-2004, 10:32 PM
Thankfully, I havn't been a victim of fraud yet, but that's terrible. I really hate dishonest people with a passion, particularly someone who steals stuff from other people. People like that make me wish that cruel and unusual punishments were not unconstitutional.

Patrick
05-08-2004, 02:08 AM
My Folks do sum internet banking. And I have sum concern. But if my Mom is one penny short, I feel sorry for who ever shorted her!!! Not being mean but her and my Dad had to leave school early to support thier famalies. They know the value of the dollar!!! But in todays of computer theft and all those that feel the quick buck is to steal it rather than earn it I have one solution :nono: :nono: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi:

Bluerauder
05-08-2004, 03:12 AM
Yes it happen to me and my wife today. She was looking over our account and seen 199.95 missing. The Fraud come from Goodlife Financial Network and PayByCheck. I need to be in the investigative service cause I tracked them down in 20 minutes 5 days faster than my bank told us they would. People beware of information you put out on the internet or anywhere.
My niece teaches criminal justice in a college near here. She just did a paper on Elder Fraud. Seems some of these "low lifes" looking for an easy buck have no problem with ripping off the entire life savings of older folks through fraud or scams. :mad: Another problem is this Identity Theft thing. Recently, some crooks ran up a $10,000 bill in Europe on a guy's credit card info. :mad2: Your $199.95 rip-off is bad; but it could have been much worse. I guess the lesson in this is to not give the "Easy Money" scum a chance to hit your accounts. :nono:

Macon Marauder
05-10-2004, 05:53 AM
Yeah, it ain't just the internet. Wife bought some new furniture a few months ago and paid the deposit with a brand new credit card. That evening, and all weekend, somebody tried to buy a bunch of stuff on-line. Credit card company caught it and called, and it was all cleared up. We called the furniture store and told them what had happened, and that the people in their store were the ONLY people that had even seen the card. Manager said no way any of his people would do anything like that.:(

JamesHecker
05-10-2004, 08:26 PM
Fraud can be devastating. I had someone create counterfiet checks on my company account. Hit us for over $12,000. Got it all back, but our cash flow was crimped for a few days while it was being investigated.

My wife was able to get a name, phone number and an address were equipment was delivered purchased with one of the fraudualent checks. We had to fight with the officer at the desk to get him to even take a report on it, and as far as we know nothing was ever followed up on.

Patrick
05-11-2004, 02:32 AM
Yeah, it ain't just the internet. Wife bought some new furniture a few months ago and paid the deposit with a brand new credit card. That evening, and all weekend, somebody tried to buy a bunch of stuff on-line. Credit card company caught it and called, and it was all cleared up. We called the furniture store and told them what had happened, and that the people in their store were the ONLY people that had even seen the card. Manager said no way any of his people would do anything like that.:(

Manager is
:bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs:

troopcar
05-27-2004, 12:49 PM
Here's a story about a local man who was trying to sell his car online and was scammed to the tune of $6K by a phony buyer. I guess the moral of this story is, always make sure the check absolutely, positively clears before you do anything. Hope they catch the lowlife &%#!@.

Here's the story from Westchester County (http://www.thejournalnews.com/newsroom/052504/b0325carscam.html)

http://smilies.sofrayt.com/1/a0/rude.gif

troopcar

duhtroll
05-27-2004, 12:58 PM
I sold my last car online and received several of the same type of scam emails. I reported every one of them to the local police, who are now investigating such cyber-crimes.

Don't know if anything came of it, but the old addage "if it sounds too good to be true," it most certainly isn't true.

Thanks,
-A

MYSTA KANG
05-27-2004, 02:47 PM
The update

Wells Fargo finally refunded the cash the macaronni(IMPASTERS) idiots stole from our account. When I asked how did it go thru since the electronic check had the wrong name and address on it I was told that a rep would call me and explain how and why........................... .........still waiting....................... .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. ....................... :censor:

junehhan
05-27-2004, 09:43 PM
The update

Wells Fargo finally refunded the cash the macaronni(IMPASTERS) idiots stole from our account. When I asked how did it go thru since the electronic check had the wrong name and address on it I was told that a rep would call me and explain how and why........................... .........still waiting....................... .............................. .............................. .............................. .............................. ....................... :censor:

It's nice to hear that it worked out. Let's just hope these crooks are found..............