PDA

View Full Version : Strange insurance request

Donald
09-04-2015, 11:16 AM
Buddy has 4 car attached garage and 2.5 car detached garage. Detached was built about 12 years ago. Cars, house and detached garage insured by same agent/insurance company since they were built.

Recently, within a period of 3 weeks he sold 2 cars and a motorcycle. He has just received a request from the agent for external photos of the detached garage. Any idea why?

I built my detached garage shortly after my buddy. Cars, house and detached insured by same agent and company as buddy. No request for garage photos. Yet.

martyo
09-04-2015, 11:19 AM
I don't find this odd at all.

I went through the same thing but have multiple insurance carrriers and just coordinate my insurance.

Pat
09-04-2015, 11:39 AM
Sometimes company rules are updated to close a gap, such as the garage condition, construction, existing damage or defects, etc, etc. Or it could be the servicing agent did not take photos as required and this was noted in an internal audit, selling multiple vehicles triggered the internal audit.

Pick one from column A or column B or column C.

Cheers,

lji372
09-04-2015, 01:11 PM
imho insurance companies are always looking for a new way to raise a rate.

always........ did i say always..............

jsignorelli
09-04-2015, 01:21 PM
My collector insurer wanted pictures of both the garages and the cars when the policy was written. It might have something to do with the fire codes.

LIGHTNIN1
09-04-2015, 01:26 PM
Probably just a collector of 2.5 car detached garage photos. They are increasing in value.