PDA

View Full Version : Silverback II

Pat
10-09-2015, 01:47 AM
Time to think about a new ride, Silverback II. Patricia and I are getting all the "i's" dotted and the "t's" crossed so the kids will have a smoother time in sending us off when the time comes.

We were surprised when we reviewed the beneficiaries of our various insurance policies. Also the burial site and funeral home selection were areas that required some consideration. Since I'm a veteran, I am entitled to a free burial in a VA cemetery. There's one just 25 miles away.

Also found a big difference in funeral home prices. May pay to inquire, all have price lists but some are hard to interpret. Not going to cremate, respecting daughters wishes.

I'm going to put a Marauder logo on the casket, probably "Silverback II" in script. plus the image in my post heading.

This has been a good experience planning my own departure.

Not to fret I still have a few more miles left.

Cheers,

Zack
10-09-2015, 04:41 AM
I'm getting cremated and anyone else I'm in charge of come funeral time.

Pat
10-09-2015, 04:55 AM
Reads like you and anyone else you are in charge of are going to get cremated with you like it or not.

Surely not.

Zack
10-09-2015, 05:24 AM
Reads like you and anyone else you are in charge of are going to get cremated with you like it or not.

Surely not.

You just wrote you don't have a choice because of your daughter. Lol
It's your choice, not hers

Pat
10-09-2015, 06:16 AM
"Respecting daughters wishes", I could disrespect them, but I chose not too.

Does that clear it up?

Zack
10-09-2015, 06:22 AM
"Respecting daughters wishes", I could disrespect them, but I chose not too.

Does that clear it up?

I would much rather be in an urn on the shelf in the family room where people will constantly think of me rather than in the ground where people seldom visit.
Just my opinion.

Pat
10-09-2015, 07:24 AM
Zack, I think of you whenever I push the gas pedal down. (that's a compliment)

:burnout: :nos:

And also Marty and Jeff of MO's Speed Shop

Mr. Man
10-09-2015, 07:39 AM
Time to think about a new ride, Silverback II. Patricia and I are getting all the "i's" dotted and the "t's" crossed so the kids will have a smoother time in sending us off when the time comes.

We were surprised when we reviewed the beneficiaries of our various insurance policies. Also the burial site and funeral home selection were areas that required some consideration. Since I'm a veteran, I am entitled to a free burial in a VA cemetery. There's one just 25 miles away.

Also found a big difference in funeral home prices. May pay to inquire, all have price lists but some are hard to interpret. Not going to cremate, respecting daughters wishes.

I'm going to put a Marauder logo on the casket, probably "Silverback II" in script. plus the image in my post heading.

This has been a good experience planning my own departure.

Not to fret I still have a few more miles left.

Cheers,
Geez Pat a White interior? That's going to be hard to keep clean ;)

fastblackmerc
10-09-2015, 07:55 AM
I would much rather be in an urn on the shelf in the family room where people will constantly think of me rather than in the ground where people seldom visit.
Just my opinion.

Same here... but with my luck the urn will get knocked over and I'll end up in the vacuum canister.

Zack
10-09-2015, 07:59 AM
Same here... but with my luck the urn will get knocked over and I'll end up in the vacuum canister.

You'll dead and not know any different. ;)

chief455
10-09-2015, 10:02 AM

sucked when dead, weird ;)

burned and urn in the ground. 10 bodies in the space of one coffin. Family decision.

Pat - I think yours looks cool!

WhatsUpDOHC
10-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Geez Pat a White interior? That's going to be hard to keep clean ;)
Not White. Light Flint.

MERCMAN
10-09-2015, 10:12 AM
I'm getting cremated and anyone else I'm in charge of come funeral time.

Cremating will just be a "Warm-up" for your eternal resting place:banana2:

Marauderjack
10-09-2015, 02:36 PM
"Underground Novelties" are not for me.......burn me up and scatter my ashes on the SEA!!:beer::D

chief455
10-09-2015, 07:42 PM
Cremating will just be a "Warm-up" for your eternal resting place:banana2:
:D nicely put ;)

I feel the heat already :eek:

1stMerc
10-09-2015, 08:05 PM
D**n Pat, my father has been in the same frame of mine lately. He has a lot more years on u thou.

1stMerc
10-09-2015, 08:06 PM

Or worse in the kitty litter.

sailsmen
10-09-2015, 08:18 PM
If it's truly your daughter's wishes ask her to pay for it. It's obviously your wish.
Please let us know when you are dead.

akr619
10-09-2015, 09:16 PM
im 26, when should i plan out my outro? although not everything is set in stone... right?

Spectragod
10-10-2015, 07:04 AM
Just my opinion.

^^I agree^^, only to further add, I told my wife to dump my ashes where ever she chooses, people didn't want to see me when I was alive, probably not going to visit when I'm dead.

chief455
10-10-2015, 10:02 AM
I want to be secluded, and thought of seldomly, by the close few that really care about me. Memories don't require my physical presence (urn or grave site), that stimulates sadness. They'll think of me while out at the gay bar or when a bad azz car rumbles by.
My mechanic and Summit Racing will miss me most.

Pat
10-10-2015, 10:48 AM
If it's truly your daughter's wishes ask her to pay for it. It's obviously your wish.
Please let us know when you are dead.

I'm putting you on the list now, let's see you are #4418.
For a nominal fee you can jump ahead into the top 500.

Pay Pal, VISA, Cash, Check, Money Order all work.

Cheers,

boatmangc
10-11-2015, 04:57 AM
Ashes for me, I told the wife to fertilize the tomatoes. No sense taking up real estate with an empty vessel.

justbob
10-11-2015, 06:39 AM
I'm afraid of being buried or burned. I told her years ago to stuff me and set me in my chair.

Builder Of Badassery

sailsmen
10-11-2015, 06:50 PM
Like your being stuffed.