PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Mustang GT procured

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-19-2015, 08:32 PM
So about a month ago while on business in the area, I walked into a Kansas City Ford dealer to look at a 2015 Mustang. This thing was exactly how I wanted one, white, performance package, GT premium, 6 speed manual.. these guys had the best price I could find anywhere in the country, so I couldn't pass it up. Two hours later I was heading back to the hotel with a lighter wallet and plans to pick up and drive back to Chicago the following weekend.

Posting here as I recall a couple folks had mentioned interest in the new s550 body Mustangs. Well, if you're thinkng about it, just do it. This is the funnest car I've ever driven, and completely worth the coin. The borderline-exotic styling causes some major head turns and attention when out and about. Every single mustang person I have passed has given me a wave or thumbs up so far. Ford has stepped up dramatically from the Marauder days, in terms of quality and fit and finish. I was actually waiting for the new Shelby GT350s with flat plane crank (drool), but then saw dealers doing their bs $20k rare vehicle adjustment markup on top of the base$48k MSRP... Ridiculous. So decided ahead with the GT and have mod money left over.

So far I have blacked out some stuffs, tinted the windows, and bought roush quad tips with matching valence - although not yet installed. Next up, I plan for lowering springs, and blue Shelby style racing stripes. The coyote is fantastic but I can see myself keeping this for the long run and tossing a hellion TT kit on it. For now, going to drive the pony urine out of it. Special shout outs to Neil, his pops, Kelly and Brian for hosting some good times while in Kansas. :beer:

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/19/9aefd5e3cd58db2fc4914adf2228b8 86.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/19/439efbc6b5f294376ce0703320668c 05.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/19/2be88fb0353553fe547c608ce1bc22 f7.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/19/1a6e92d38c9293c091187c9adc07c9 d2.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/19/1616bd779c73d15b46890aad0c8043 f9.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/19/a1dfe564b152b30f784ae20562e06c 66.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

slickster
10-19-2015, 08:52 PM
Enjoy. Love the fast back look

ncmm
10-19-2015, 08:55 PM
beautiful pair
:burnout:

RubberCtyRauder
10-19-2015, 08:56 PM
Looks awesome!

chief455
10-19-2015, 09:34 PM
NICE CHOICE! :beer:

justbob
10-19-2015, 09:41 PM
Nice. I'm a sucker for white/blue stripes. Now only if I could get used to the new style.. (I normally run a couple of years late with change..)

Builder Of Badassery

8UWITH6
10-19-2015, 09:43 PM
Glad you could stop by and hang out. You are welcome in KC anytime. Congratulations on your purchase. Although we gave you crap about it, understand we are happy that you found what you wanted at a fair price here in KC on business. Winning!

babbage
10-20-2015, 05:59 AM
Congrats on your GT. Only 15.6 MPG? --> Glad you are pushing the go pedal.. Is it faster than your MM?

blkZooM
10-20-2015, 06:04 AM
Do you think you can do me a favor, if if isn't too much I really want to see what those wheels look like on the marauders

Joe Walsh
10-20-2015, 06:24 AM
Nice. I'm a sucker for white/blue stripes. Now only if I could get used to the new style..

(I normally run a couple of years late with change..)

+1 !

Love the look of new Mustang's front end and rear fender bulges.....
still trying to get used to the angled rear valence and taillight treatment.
(maybe a rear spoiler?)

Enjoy the sweet new ride!

RubberCtyRauder
10-20-2015, 06:41 AM
I like the rear angled fascia etc..I never liked the short and chopped off straight down rear treatment of prior years.

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-20-2015, 08:05 AM
Nice. I'm a sucker for white/blue stripes. Now only if I could get used to the new style.. (I normally run a couple of years late with change..)

Builder Of Badassery

When you see it in person, it will sway you faster. Everyone, including those who never even liked mustangs before has had nothing but great things to say once they check it out in person. The stripes are 50/50 with everyone I tell.

Thanks all.
I was not a fan of this body style update until I saw one in person, everything changed for me. I am still on the fence as to whether or not to hack up the nice, painted rear valence to replace with an all black more simple looking roush valence that allows quad tips... but regardless would still look good. The performance package deletes the standard rear spoiler, as well as some performance goodies including 3.73 rear, 15" rotors with 6 piston calipers, tranny and engine oil cooler, upgraded diff, and stiffer front suspension.

Congrats on your GT. Only 15.6 MPG? --> Glad you are pushing the go pedal.. Is it faster than your MM?
Lol, It managed 26mpg on the hwy coming back to Chicago. Not bad for a rev-happy V8 with 3.73 rear. Combined hwy and city has been around 18 definitely do-able for a daily. I honestly think this car is faster than an eaton swapped Marauder, although the MM does have that instantaneous tire shredding low end torque factor now, which may just be due to the thinner stock tires.

My only gripes with the car is the Sync 2 system sucks(sync 3 out on 2016s now)...and the 6 speed MT82 isn't perfect. I had to modify the clutch's pedal as an "assist" spring totally ruins the hydraulic clutch pedal's feel and would cause you to almost stall the car when it would pop out in a non-linear fashion when trying to drive slow. Known annoyance. The Transmission thuds when engaging from neutral and then 1-2 and sometimes 2-3 are common-place with these cars, and many are not too happy a $40k car would have small things like this not worked out with all the years of Mustangs Ford has experience with.

Blkzoom, I'm not sure what hub centric ring size these wheels use compared to the Marauder, the wheel studs are definitely girthier, 1.50, hard to even find wheel locks for this car that don't stick out too far from the rest of the lug nuts. If I have time soon to try to swap wheels, I will take some pics and send to you.

martyo
10-20-2015, 08:33 AM
Very nice car!

I like a white car!!

blkZooM
10-20-2015, 09:36 AM
When you see it in person, it will sway you faster. Everyone, including those who never even liked mustangs before has had nothing but great things to say once they check it out in person. The stripes are 50/50 with everyone I tell.

Thanks all.
I was not a fan of this body style update until I saw one in person, everything changed for me. I am still on the fence as to whether or not to hack up the nice, painted rear valence to replace with an all black more simple looking roush valence that allows quad tips... but regardless would still look good. The performance package deletes the standard rear spoiler, as well as some performance goodies including 3.73 rear, 15" rotors with 6 piston calipers, tranny and engine oil cooler, upgraded diff, and stiffer front suspension.

Lol, It managed 26mpg on the hwy coming back to Chicago. Not bad for a rev-happy V8 with 3.73 rear. Combined hwy and city has been around 18 definitely do-able for a daily. I honestly think this car is faster than an eaton swapped Marauder, although the MM does have that instantaneous tire shredding low end torque factor now, which may just be due to the thinner stock tires.

My only gripes with the car is the Sync 2 system sucks(sync 3 out on 2016s now)...and the 6 speed MT82 isn't perfect. I had to modify the clutch's pedal as an "assist" spring totally ruins the hydraulic clutch pedal's feel and would cause you to almost stall the car when it would pop out in a non-linear fashion when trying to drive slow. Known annoyance. The Transmission thuds when engaging from neutral and then 1-2 and sometimes 2-3 are common-place with these cars, and many are not too happy a $40k car would have small things like this not worked out with all the years of Mustangs Ford has experience with.

Blkzoom, I'm not sure what hub centric ring size these wheels use compared to the Marauder, the wheel studs are definitely girthier, 1.50, hard to even find wheel locks for this car that don't stick out too far from the rest of the lug nuts. If I have time soon to try to swap wheels, I will take some pics and send to you.

appreciate that man. I didn't really like how the 16s looked when they were first introduce but when I started seeing them in person my mind insatnantlly change

hotford
10-21-2015, 11:53 AM
Excellent Colour combo...........

MOTOWN
10-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Very nice!

1Marauder
10-22-2015, 09:19 PM
My 15 year old son told me that the rear of this car was one of the best looking being made, or having been made in the last 5 years or so... and after I got to spend some time with one, he IS RIGHT!

Sweet looking ride. I too am a sucker for the wide blue stripes.

Love everything about your buy, and your plans!

akr619
10-22-2015, 09:59 PM
Enjoy! I like the new Guard Green color

http://i.imgur.com/OiFEuAz.jpg

JBeezy
10-23-2015, 04:34 AM
Nice purchase. Is it true you have the $6k option to have Ford install a Stage 1 Roush S/C with factory warranty? Guy at the drag strip told me that. Too cool if true

Joe Walsh
10-23-2015, 04:36 AM
Enjoy! I like the new Guard Green color.

I've seen that 'Guard' color and it does look nice!

BTW: Do they roll the rear fender lips on the new Mustangs?

Those wide/flared rear fenders are begging for wider tires!

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-23-2015, 07:38 PM
Guard green is my favorite color for these! Very rare.

Nice purchase. Is it true you have the $6k option to have Ford install a Stage 1 Roush S/C with factory warranty? Guy at the drag strip told me that. Too cool if true

From what I hear, you can install all the roush stages (only if done by ford) and retain your warranty.

I've seen that 'Guard' color and it does look nice!

BTW: Do they roll the rear fender lips on the new Mustangs?

Those wide/flared rear fenders are begging for wider tires!

Yup, fenders are rolled. :D

RubberCtyRauder
10-23-2015, 08:37 PM

You do not get a Roush supercharger until stage 3, and it starts at $23,000 above purchase price..so around $63000. stage 1 is $8000 and it is mostly graphics, wheels, grille, etc..same motor, no increase inpower

chief455
10-23-2015, 09:41 PM
You do not get a Roush supercharger until stage 3, and it stares at $23,000 above purchase price..so around $63000. stage 1 is $8000 and it is mostly graphics, wheels, grille, etc..same motor, no increase inpower

^this. And 'Gaurd' is a color that was mostly ordered, and gone when they arrived. I like it also, not quite Bullittt' green, but nice.
The traditional white/red/blue/silver/black are all nice as well, but something a little - different...starting to like them more.
A 3 year old 2015 Roush S3 could be in my future...that will be a lot of used car for the depreciated money ;)

jaywish
10-24-2015, 04:48 AM
Yes they are beautiful cars. What made me laugh was the speedometer. It said "Ground Speed" You are certainly right about comments. I had rented a base black convertible a few months ago. Wound up taking the tunnel from NJ into Manhattan during weekday evening rush hour. More NYC folks on foot commented on the beauty of the car then I could believe.

ChiTownMaraud3r
10-26-2015, 11:38 AM

Builder Of Badassery
Did somebody say they like blue stripes? [emoji16]

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/26/e02cd0a49adf73f5281e8c7d191a02 4e.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

justbob
10-26-2015, 02:09 PM
MUCH better! [emoji106]🏻

Builder Of Badassery

Marauderjack
10-26-2015, 02:24 PM
WICKED machine!!:eek: