PDA

View Full Version : So I had a mild panic last night, but it was good...

Motorhead350
10-21-2015, 03:21 PM
Thought I'd share this with you all.

After months of negotiation with an up and coming record label we are about to get signed. Of course I don't know 50% of what I am looking at when it comes to contracts so we signed on with a lawyer to read over everything. Money paid, we are official clients.

Yesterday, I sent him a Christmas song we finished and are currently having mixed and mastered to show him we are constantly active with projects. As soon as I get to his office he asked...

"Do you mind if I send this song to Atlantic Records?"

"Sure."

"Good because I did it ten minutes before you got here."

Then it occurred to me we didn't copyright it yet. So guess who is out until 2am filling out forms, making bank runs and being that one customer at western union at midnight? Me. We don't want anyone stealing our music especially because that song is very Phil Spector influenced, so it's pretty much a big finger to todays world of autotune and DJs.

Finally, you might be wondering why was this sent to another label right before we sign to one. That's the way it is. Being the nice guy doesn't work in this world. Hate to say it. Whoever has more to offer is who you go with.

We will see what happens and keep you guys and girls posted.

Thanks for the calls and texts are of lately. For those that know why, thanks for being there.

MMBLUE
10-21-2015, 03:31 PM
Sounding good Dom. Keep us posted. You should put the song out on you tube or something. Or, maybe you can't IDK ?

Marauderman
10-21-2015, 04:27 PM
I follow you here when you do things ...have since forever it seems--but I most appreciate you driving down to Rex's funeral--that says more than most here realize---(or would have done and were as far away)---since seeing you again since MVVIII...he always like you and your involvements.... and this one is no different....good luck with all of this--Tom

Motorhead350
10-21-2015, 05:31 PM
Sounding good Dom. Keep us posted. You should put the song out on you tube or something. Or, maybe you can't IDK ?

We want a video soon. I'll keep you posted.

I follow you here when you do things ...have since forever it seems--but I most appreciate you driving down to Rex's funeral--that says more than most here realize---(or would have done and were as far away)---since seeing you again since MVVIII...he always like you and your involvements.... and this one is no different....good luck with all of this--Tom

Thanks Tom!

I miss Rex a lot. He was one of the few that would listen and actually understand what I was saying. If he didn't he'd ask, unlike most who would simply end the conversation instead of wanting to learn something.

I'd do anything for anyone. I got a call at 3am for a troop in need of my jack and jackstands to repair his clutch for 7am duty. Guess who went out at 3am? ;)

1Marauder
10-21-2015, 08:12 PM
Good on ya brother!. Hope it all works out for the best for you and your music. We need more artists, and poets, and I truly hope for you all the best.

RF Overlord
10-22-2015, 05:38 AM
song is very Phil Spector influenced, so it's pretty much a big finger to todays world of autotune and DJs.God, I hate autotune...if you need it, you shouldn't be singing.

Sorry I missed your call last night...I'll call you later today.