PDA

View Full Version : FNH five-seven

Toomanytoys
11-09-2015, 07:14 PM
Im thinking about buying a five-seven from a local guy....
Anyone here own one ? I was curious about personal opinion of its shooting manners.

Spectragod
11-10-2015, 01:58 AM
Usually a selected firearm of drug dealers and gang bangers..... Ammo is tough to buy, unless you have LE or gov't creds, then it's still expensive.

Past that, I played with a couple, not super impressed considering costs of the weapon and ammo.

Just a tip, if you were planning on buying it and flipping the ammo to get your $$$$ back, I wouldn't sell it in the open market, you will create a new friendship with the local ATF agent(s). AP ammo is banned and will put you on the Christmas card list.

camelgrundle
11-10-2015, 04:35 AM
Ammo is too expensive and unless you are rich I would not recommend that pistol. 1911's and tac 45's FTW!

Marauderjack
11-10-2015, 05:03 AM
Is this what ya need??:confused:

Seems reasonable to me if so!!:beer:

http://ammoseek.com/ammo/5.7x28mm

Toomanytoys
11-10-2015, 05:05 AM
Yep...I thought so LOL.

camelgrundle
11-10-2015, 05:40 AM
It would be a good pistol if 5 zombies were lined up in a row :)

Spectragod
11-10-2015, 07:17 AM
Oh crap.... I didnt know ap rounds were already illegal... I thought they were soon to be.

And yep, i was going to sell the ap rounds to recoup my money and have about nothing in the gun.

Cool gun though. Good zombie headshot piece LOL.

AP has been restricted since bill and Hillary.

Spectragod
11-10-2015, 07:27 AM
Is this what ya need??:confused:

Seems reasonable to me if so!!:beer:

http://ammoseek.com/ammo/5.7x28mm

Cheaper than .50AE

Those rounds listed are not AP either.

When they first started importing those, rounds were $4-5 each.

We just took one off a good boy a couple of months ago, he thought it was a good idea to point it at the po-po when we responded to his single vehicle crash, he survived the crash, not the LEO encounter though....... Very lengthy criminal history, never should have had a gun.

Prior to that, pulled one off a local dealer with a warrant, he said.... He paid 3k for it with "2 clips", his words, not mine.

MOTOWN
11-10-2015, 07:28 AM
If i were you i would delete / edit your add regarding the ammo before you get an unwelcome visit from the G men.

fastblackmerc
11-10-2015, 12:41 PM
If i were you i would delete / edit your add regarding the ammo before you get an unwelcome visit from the G men.

Once it's on the internet....... it's there FOREVER!

Logizyme
11-10-2015, 12:58 PM
I have no problem buying FMJ 5.7

Composite over the steel slide seems kinda dumb. muzzle flash is ridiculous. loud. accurate as all hell, decent trigger for a striker, but not as good as a hammer-fire, unless your into strikers and all. Handle is much larger than a conventional pistol, but magazine is hi-cap. fair recoil.

ChiTownMaraud3r
11-10-2015, 01:59 PM
Springfield xd ftw.

rauder88
11-10-2015, 02:43 PM
A bit overkill for anything really. They are accurate and fun to shoot. But nothing practical at all just a toy. I have sold a few, ammo is just tricky to get. If it were me for a just for fun gun would be a S&W 500 or 460 XVR. 460 can shoot multiple rounds .45LC, .454 casull, and the .460 S&W round. Same price range new.

Toomanytoys
11-10-2015, 06:01 PM
A bit overkill for anything really. They are accurate and fun to shoot. But nothing practical at all just a toy. I have sold a few, ammo is just tricky to get. If it were me for a just for fun gun would be a S&W 500 or 460 XVR. 460 can shoot multiple rounds .45LC, .454 casull, and the .460 S&W round. Same price range new.

Damn... That 460 xvr looks quite fun. A bit pricey, but you gotta love a revolver.

My nightstand gun is a s&w .38 stubby. I figure if its 3 am and im half asleep, i dont want to be fumbling with clips, safetys or slides :)

Donald
11-10-2015, 07:17 PM
I have a Five Seven. Too big for a carry gun. Round too small for good home defense. But it is fun to shoot. Light recoil. Being in CA I am limited to 10 round mags. I keep a couple thousand rounds of ammo handy because I never know when it will be available at a reasonable price. FWIW, not allowed as a Concealed Carry Weapon in San Bernardino County, CA. :)

Check out http://www.myimagecollection.com and click on Guns. Five Seven is the 2nd one displayed.