PDA

View Full Version : 2003 mm rear bunper repair..

malibill
11-10-2015, 07:40 AM
Hi everybody , Bill here just figured I would "share " my experience with a rear bumper /search and conclusion.. I bought my mm in March of 2015 I try to drive it as often as possible and go everywhere with it.. It is a daily driver and has 80,000 on it and basically stock.. The car spent all of it`s time outside and the owner was not really concerned about the looks of the car, since I have it I have detailed it and did normal wear and tear (hoses, shocks, starter small things).. Interior was clean and thankfully a non smoker.. The worst part of the car was the rear bumper paint cracked and flaked off and two pretty sizable tears in it.. I took it to several shops by me (Long Island, N.Y.) and they told me that they could not really do anything with it ,to far gone... ,and not worth the time to repair.. Anyway I tried Macco in Mass., N.Y. I spoke to the manager Frank who quoted me a price of $375.00 to repair the rips with a special expoxy and they also put a "mat" to strengthen it.. Probably need it for two day`s.. I decided to give them a try so I went home and removed bumper and brought back to his shop.. After a day Frank called me and said they would like to install it on the car as it it so long they were afraid it could tear again.. I agreed and dropped off the mm.. The next day as promised the car was ready I went to pick it up and to my surprise it is like a factory bumper!! paint color is perfect they vacuumed interior and and trunk area.. They did an extraordinary job for a more than reasonable price that includes a life time warranty against cracking and fading These bumpers are almost impossible to find I am happy that I gave them a try.. Great alternative to trying to find a bumper..If my son comes by I am going to add some photos I am not that good on the p.c. :beer:

NavySeabee
11-10-2015, 08:42 AM
This is the first positive MACCO story I've seen!

malibill
11-10-2015, 12:31 PM
This is the first positive MACCO story I've seen! That is why I thought I would post it.. The manager Frank said they are trying to get rid of that old image everybody has of them? I have had work done on my other cars at a friends shop and I think this is a better job.. The guarantee is what I really appreciate , I had my daughters car repaired and painted at a friends shop (hood and fender) I paid the going rate out of pocket for the repair .. After about three years the clear coat is flaking across the hood and fender that was repaired I brought it back and was told it shouldn't have happened I figured it would be warranted but he said not his fault maybe a defect in the clear and I would have to pay to get it resprayed and cleared..?? Also had the header panel painted on my parts runner and the clear is flaking off of that also?? I showed it to the macco shop and they said if they had done the job they would repaint and clear it at no cost , warranted so hopefully the bumper will hold up so far so good..

88LTDCV351
11-10-2015, 03:57 PM
I had my Crown Vic done there maybe 3 years back. They did have overspray on some chrome trim areas and they did paint over some of the inside door frame stickers. But overall, I did get what I paid for. It was ok for a car that really isn't worth much. And the car looked good overall (way better than the sandblasted paint before).