PDA

View Full Version : Moving North

usgecko
05-11-2004, 03:42 PM
New job means I will be moving from Indy to Virginia.

Would appreciate if anyone who lives near Herndon Va could PM me as I would like some info on places round there that would not involve a long commute.

Thanks !

Bluerauder
05-11-2004, 04:35 PM

Would appreciate if anyone who lives near Herndon Va could PM me as I would like some info on places round there that would not involve a long commute.

Thanks !
I think you are really moving east not north -directionally speaking. Unless you plan to work out of your house ... there ain't much in the way of "short" commutes in the Northern Virginia area. We generally don't measure commutes in miles; but rather minutes and sometimes hours. Depending on your specific business skills -- Dulles International Airport is closest to Herndon, then Dulles Business Park (lots of high tech stuff), then Tyson's Corner (high tech, retail, other).

Silver_04
05-11-2004, 05:36 PM
Whoa, two Marauder owners moving from Indiana at the same time. Weird. Well, to anyone looking for a job, there are apparently two openings in Indiana.

Good luck on the move.

Patrick
05-12-2004, 03:33 AM
Whoa, two Marauder owners moving from Indiana at the same time. Weird. Well, to anyone looking for a job, there are apparently two openings in Indiana.

Good luck on the move. Too weird!!!!!!

Haggis
05-12-2004, 04:03 AM

Thanks !

Stuart welcome to "The Capital Area Marauders" we will have to have a meet after you settle in. If you need any help or anything else to make you move go more smoothly don't be afraid to ask.

I agree with Charlie rush hour hear depends on timing not miles. It takes me anywhere from 45 minutes to 2.5 hours to get home from work at a distance of 45 miles and if there is an accident...I hope you packed dinner!!

Good luck and it will be great to meet you. I will PM you my address and phone number.

p.s.
Do you have a time schedule on the move yet?