PDA

View Full Version : Need help from a Focus expert. Gas pedal.

kirk
11-25-2015, 05:53 PM
2007 Focus ZX4 SES
5-speed

The gas pedal is sticking... but I'm sure that it's not the typical "throttle body is old and/or gunked and sticks when it's shut." I've seen the videos and understand the throttle body. This problem is much more nuanced than that, and other than this specific problem, it doesn't stick at all.

Frequently when using the cruise (guessing 20% of the time but it comes and goes) when I tap the brake to release, then push on the accelerator, it doesn't want to go down. I let up for a moment and try again and usually it will go down, but some times it won't go after several tries, and will only go if I really step on it.

I repeat, this only happens when I release from cruise.

I've looked at the hardware and just can't see anything that suggests a cause. Any ideas out there?

fastblackmerc
11-25-2015, 08:58 PM
Disconnect the cruise control actuator and try it.

kirk
11-26-2015, 08:40 AM
Disconnect the cruise control actuator and try it.

Try what? Not using my cruise should have the same result. The existing problem will go away, followed by a new one, I have no cruise.

I need a way to troubleshoot what's happening mechanically when I release the cruise that's different than what happens at any other time.

Marauder Drew
11-26-2015, 09:08 AM
I had the same problem with my 95 mustang gt.I replace the IAC (twice-should of used motorcraft parts to begin with) and the TPS sensor.That seemed to fix my gas pedal hang up issues

fastblackmerc
11-27-2015, 08:19 AM
Try what? Not using my cruise should have the same result. The existing problem will go away, followed by a new one, I have no cruise.

I need a way to troubleshoot what's happening mechanically when I release the cruise that's different than what happens at any other time.

Maybe the actuator is sticking after you turn off the cruise control.

RF Overlord
11-27-2015, 09:52 AM
I thought 2007 would be DBW, so no servos or actuators... ?