ctrlraven
12-09-2015, 09:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fiq0y6_cdTQ
Fiq0y6_cdTQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjBpYFCxZf8
TjBpYFCxZf8

MM03MOK
12-09-2015, 09:25 AM
Saw videos of her as she left Bath Iron Works! Amazing! Two football fields long!!

Oh, on behalf of the Zumwalt family, a friend of mine obtained and gave Capt. James Kirk an autographed picture of William Shatner. My friend was a relative of Elmo.

http://archive.navytimes.com/article/20140416/NEWS/304160059/Famous-Capt-Kirk-honors-real-one-ship-christening

Capt. James Kirk and my friend, Mike Pietrowski.

Mr. Man
12-09-2015, 07:18 PM
Wonder if they will drive it into rough seas to see how unstable it actually is?

Joe Walsh
12-09-2015, 09:07 PM
Why does that remind me of The Monitor on steroids?

And for only 3.4 BILLION taxpayers dollars each!

Isn't that what fully equipped Aircraft Carriers cost?

Now if only that fancy new Destroyer could target and destroy all the politicians in DC!

Marauderjack
12-10-2015, 03:24 AM

Isn't that what fully equipped Aircraft Carriers cost?

Now if only that fancy new Destroyer could target and destroy all the politicians in DC!

^^^+10^^^:mad2:

Bluerauder
12-10-2015, 05:42 AM

Looks more closely like the USS Merrimack (CSS Virginia). During the first day of the Battle of Hampton Roads on 8 March 1862, the CSS Virginia destroyed the USS Congress ... So your comment may not be that far off historically speaking.

Mr. Man
12-10-2015, 04:08 PM

Isn't that what fully equipped Aircraft Carriers cost? NO!

Now if only that fancy new Destroyer could target and destroy all the politicians in DC!I read 4.2 billion because of cost over runs. Originally there were going to be 36, but because of cost 3 are scheduled.

The new Ford class Aircraft carriers cost is somewhere between 11.5 and 13 billion depending on who you ask. Originally they were to cost around 10 billion but with America's new everyone gets a trophy attitude I guess 1.5 to 2.5 billion in underestimation is close enough.:shake:

Joe Walsh
12-10-2015, 05:34 PM
Looks more closely like the USS Merrimack (CSS Virginia). During the first day of the Battle of Hampton Roads on 8 March 1862, the CSS Virginia destroyed the USS Congress ... So your comment may not be that far off historically speaking.

You're right Charlie!
The Billion dollar superstructure does resemble the Merrimack's sloped/armored slab sides.

I read 4.2 billion because of cost over runs. Originally there were going to be 36, but because of cost 3 are scheduled.

The new Ford class Aircraft carriers cost is somewhere between 11.5 and 13 billion depending on who you ask.
Originally they were to cost around 10 billion but with America's new everyone gets a trophy attitude

I guess 1.5 to 2.5 billion in underestimation is close enough.:shake:

Myeh.....a Billion here a Billion there....who cares?
It's not their money!