Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SCT Tuning Software

My SCT is strictly used for racing exhibitions.

In Mexico.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    racing exhibitions.
    Bob, according to my last ticket, the offence is called "exhibition of speed" and "improper acceleration".
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    You will rarely if ever hear me rant about "big government" but here goes:
    1) Has anyone seen coverage about 8 hour DMV lines in California? 3 month waiting lists for appointments? It is unbelievable here. I cannot get an appointment to register my car--and I am not waiting 8 hours (with the great unwashed) for anything, ever.
    Join/become a member of AAA (Autoclub). No lines and friendly service.

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    Bob, according to my last ticket, the offence is called "exhibition of speed" and "improper acceleration".
    That’s it. I knew it was something like that.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't these devices manufactured and sold with the stipulation "off road use only "? Which makes the violation the responsibility of the end user, not the manufacturer?

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    My SCT is strictly used for racing exhibitions.

In Mexico.
    That’s where I ran into you, we were in Mexico together.....
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimrepairman View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't these devices manufactured and sold with the stipulation "off road use only "? Which makes the violation the responsibility of the end user, not the manufacturer?
    Yes,
    but I have never used mine.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Quote Originally Posted by 1Marauder View Post
    You will rarely if ever hear me rant about "big government" but here goes:

1) Has anyone seen coverage about 8 hour DMV lines in California? 3 month waiting lists for appointments? It is unbelievable here. I cannot get an appointment to register my car--and I am not waiting 8 hours (with the great unwashed) for anything, ever.

Oklahoma outsourced its DMV services for auto tag and Lisc. plate renewal. My Dad and I, with no appointment, have gone to the OKLAHOMA DMV twice- without an appointment - and registered his cars in under 10 minutes with no lines, and no appointment. Evidently they know how to register cars better in OKC!

2) A friend of mine's Marauders both burn cleaner than brand new 4 cylinder LEV (Low Emission Vehicle) HONDAS after having a reputable contributors (Marty's) tunes installed.
    A 15 YEAR OLD AMERICAN V8 BURNS CLEANER THAN A NEW LEV HONDA MOTOR HALF ITS SIZE! Think about this. That should be the headline in lessoning pollution.

Instead of creating systems that "retard" spark, and seeking fines from aftermarket manufacturers, the overarching goal should be the actual lessening of active pollution.

They have actual data the it is the few poorly tuned few cars and old trucks that pollute the most (10-2,000 times normal). We should target these cars first... AND If every car were simply retuned, like my friends cars, and each burned more and polluted less, the world would be a cleaner place. Heck, with the new technology we shouLd have competitive TUNE STATIONS, where poorly tuned vehicles can pull up, and for a modest fee get thier polluter care retuned and ref lashed to burn cleaner and pollute less.

Haven't had any coffee yet... And you guessed it... Ran out of gas.
    Hi, on my Island of Maui Hawai'i, I live on the South side and we have a DMV, in my life I've never had to make an appointment, and I got the first or second week of the month an I'm out under 10 minutes with my new registration and sticker, if you go at the 3rd or 4 week of the month you'll wait about half and hour, on the north side the main town we have a bigger DVM and you wait the longest depends what time of the month, could be one hour to get your registration and or license plate, and we can mail in our paper we get from DMV and get it back in less than a week, Mahalo for your time,

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Illinois has plenty of faults due to our pathetic political majority, but thankfully the DMV near me is not one of them. And emissions testing is not state wide so it makes it easy to register your car at your brothers house downstate....

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    Illinois has plenty of faults due to our pathetic political majority, but thankfully the DMV near me is not one of them. And emissions testing is not state wide so it makes it easy to register your car at your brothers house downstate....

DMV:
    Renew plates 2 minutes online
    Register car 10 minutes at DMV if planned correctly
    What's an emission test?

Emission testing turned into a big scam. Making all involved mega bank including the states.

In actuality emission testing is completely unnecessary as the issue will cure itself by attrition.

But the money machine is in place so there is no stopping it.

WLB
    BB#1) 1996 ImpalaSS - 16,500 miles - 100% stock
    ______________________________ ___________

BB#2) 2003 Marauder (300a) - 34k miles - Daily Driver
    #2912 of 7093
    Conceived 8/6/2002
    Delivered 9/19/2002
    Adopted 8/10/2011
    Trilogy 242 - Self Installed 9/9/12 (0-60 5.5 sec)
    Pioneer 6x8 Front
    Legacy 600w 6x9 Rears
    JL 6.5 SubWoofer
    K&N CAI
    Window tint 50% rear/35% front
    FBM CHMSL with Strobe mod 7/1/12
    DR Deep Aluminum Trans Pan
    Sparta FOMOCO Racing 8.8 Girdle
    Mo's Dyno Tune
    Gorilla Nuts - The System
    Ford Racing 4.10s, 31 spline Cobra carrier & axles 7/1/12
    Powder Coat Axle Housing 7/1/12
    CME HP Rear Control Arms & Watts Link 7/1/12
    ______________________________ ________________

Rex "SC Cheesehead" Weinbender 11-14-13
    Ed "Baaad GN" Linthicum 8-6-2014

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by MyBlackBeasts View Post
    DMV:
    Renew plates 2 minutes online
    Register car 10 minutes at DMV if planned correctly
    What's an emission test?

Emission testing turned into a big scam. Making all involved mega bank including the states.

In actuality emission testing is completely unnecessary as the issue will cure itself by attrition.

But the money machine is in place so there is no stopping it.

Do you have speed/ red light cameras? We got rid of them here - a truly incredible scam. Originally brought in by the people who wanted men in women's restrooms-locker rooms.

Surprised the voters haven't gotten rid of this trash everywhere. However, we do have safety/emissions inspection of cars-trucks. Safety Inspection only on motorcycles.

Recalling the Florida Vehicle Inspection SNAFU before it was done away with. It was a common sight to see vehicles show up barely under their own power, receive a 'pass', then barely leave the premises under its own power, when it should have been confiscated on the spot.

Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    Do you have speed/ red light cameras?

Nope. If they tried here there would be a riot.

If the people don't object that's their own fault.

What you tolerate you will get and more of it.

There have been politicians that have won office on a platform of getting rid of red light cam tickets.

If u don't like it, run for office and get rid of them!

WLB
    BB#1) 1996 ImpalaSS - 16,500 miles - 100% stock
    ______________________________ ___________

BB#2) 2003 Marauder (300a) - 34k miles - Daily Driver
    #2912 of 7093
    Conceived 8/6/2002
    Delivered 9/19/2002
    Adopted 8/10/2011
    Trilogy 242 - Self Installed 9/9/12 (0-60 5.5 sec)
    Pioneer 6x8 Front
    Legacy 600w 6x9 Rears
    JL 6.5 SubWoofer
    K&N CAI
    Window tint 50% rear/35% front
    FBM CHMSL with Strobe mod 7/1/12
    DR Deep Aluminum Trans Pan
    Sparta FOMOCO Racing 8.8 Girdle
    Mo's Dyno Tune
    Gorilla Nuts - The System
    Ford Racing 4.10s, 31 spline Cobra carrier & axles 7/1/12
    Powder Coat Axle Housing 7/1/12
    CME HP Rear Control Arms & Watts Link 7/1/12
    ______________________________ ________________

Rex "SC Cheesehead" Weinbender 11-14-13
    Ed "Baaad GN" Linthicum 8-6-2014

Quote Originally Posted by Invective View Post
    Do you have speed/ red light cameras? We got rid of them here - a truly incredible scam. Originally brought in by the people who wanted men in women's restrooms-locker rooms.

Surprised the voters haven't gotten rid of this trash everywhere. However, we do have safety/emissions inspection of cars-trucks. Safety Inspection only on motorcycles.

Recalling the Florida Vehicle Inspection SNAFU before it was done away with. It was a common sight to see vehicles show up barely under their own power, receive a 'pass', then barely leave the premises under its own power, when it should have been confiscated on the spot.

Aloha from Maui Hawai'i, This is about the emission, they used to do that many many years ago when we have out cars safely check, but now we don't have to do that anymore because we on in the Pacific Ocean and the strong trade winds blow everything away, We take and plug all lines that for the emission, Mahalo means Thank you for your time,

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

States don’t have control over the EPA. The only thing they can do is show the air has been cleaned up and if it in fact has been then the state gets a pass. I know Kentucky did this in like 1996 after only five years or so of testing and got a pass.

But... It has to be initiated by the state, and if they want to keep the money flow and jobs, good luck with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Arrow EPA/Derive Systems Settlement Info

Bumping for those who haven’t kept up with this issue.

Alleged Violations

Derive manufactured and sold custom tuning software called the Advantage III Software, software products known as “tunes,” and handheld devices known as “tuners” with preloaded tunes. EPA alleges that these products are designed to access and overwrite the original vehicle manufacturer’s software that was designed to reduce air pollution and comply with the Clean Air Act. Derive sold approximately 363,000 such aftermarket defeat devices over the course of many years.

For example, Derive’s tunes can enable the complete removal of emission control components that reduce tailpipe emissions (including catalysts and exhaust gas recirculation systems) by rendering inoperative elements of vehicle on-board diagnostic systems. These are required elements of design in accordance with Title II of the Clean Air Act, the EPA’s regulations at 40 C.F.R. Part 86, and the applicable Certificates of Conformity issued by the EPA.

Derive sold parts or components for motor vehicles and motor vehicle engines that bypass, defeat, or render inoperative elements of design that were installed by the vehicle or engine original equipment manufacturer (OEM) to comply with Clean Air Act emission standards. Accordingly, EPA alleges that Derive violated section 203(a)(3)(B) of the Clean Air Act, 42 U.S.C. § 7522(a)(3)(B).

Injunctive Relief

The Consent Decree specifies steps Derive must take to prevent future violations. Derive may sell its products if it complies with the requirements contained in the Consent Decree. Derive will spend approximately $6.25 million to implement the following injunctive relief:

Some features of existing products must be discontinued to ensure that they are Clean Air Act-compliant (for example, by removing user-adjustable features that can turn off exhaust gas recirculation or rear oxygen sensors, or sensors in the onboard diagnostic system) according to a compliance schedule.

For all new and existing tuners offered for sale, Derive must have a reasonable basis demonstrating that the use of the tuners will not adversely affect vehicle emissions, according to a process and schedule specified in the Consent Decree.
    Under the Consent Decree, one way to demonstrate a reasonable basis for a specific tuner would be to obtain an Executive Order from the California Air Resources Board (CARB). Any of Derive’s products covered by a CARB Executive Order are legal for sale.

The Consent Decree does not require Derive to immediately recall its products from dealers, distributors or customers. Derive will be required, however, to conduct testing of existing products, and by specified deadlines in 2019 and 2020, Derive must modify or destroy any tuners in the inventory of authorized dealers if the tuners have the above-referenced user-adjustable features. The use of these user-adjustable features to bypass, remove disable or reduce the effectiveness of exhaust gas recirculation, filters or catalysts on an EPA-certified motor vehicle has been and remains subject to EPA enforcement.

Derive must limit access to key emission control parameters in the Advantage III Software and create a customer verification program for users of this software.
    Derive must not advertise or provide training to demonstrate how consumers can defeat emission controls in their vehicles, and work with their national distributors to prevent the sale of their products if they are packaged with companion defeat devices, such as “delete” pipes.

Derive must train their employees to comply with the Clean Air Act.

https://www.epa.gov/enforcement/deri...act-settlement
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information