Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Metco watts link difference

Metco watts link difference

I just bought a used pair of metco's.

what is the difference between the air suspension option and not?

also one of the bushings has a crack on one side not all the way through, should i replace it?

was having a hard time finding which ones if i go ahead with the replacement.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The ones pictured are air suspension. They have the adjustable bracket for the height adjustment arm. I'd try contacting Metco for the replacement bushing.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

Quote Originally Posted by blazen71 View Post
    The ones pictured are air suspension. They have the adjustable bracket for the height adjustment arm. I'd try contacting Metco for the replacement bushing.
    What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

so I lucked out then, my car has air suspension. got em used for 125. Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyMerc View Post
    so I lucked out then, my car has air suspension. got em used for 125. Thanks guys!

All Marauders came with air bags. And yes, you scored big time.

Call Rick or Christie at Metco. They will set you straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I have all metco in the back of my marauder if you need an pictures of how it goes together ask away. Not to bad of a job, pulling the tires helps. I did everything on the ground by myself in a day

I was trying to decide on getting the matching upper and lower control arms. will they make as much of a difference? I prefer the look of the heinous upper and lowers, both seem pricey for what you get i suppose Ill end up going with them eventually anyway.

I was looking at the bell crank, or end links, basically the swivel that attaches the watts link bars together and onto the center housing itself that no one has a set name for it seems.

the stock one looks flimsy is there a clear choice for replacement on this?

I noticed it has bearings so that puts it on my replacement hit list automatically.

I am currently waiting to get my housing back from powdercoat so the 4.10's and trutrac with 31 splines can go in. 1" adco swaybar.

your help will be appreciated!

trying to figure out what 8.8 bracing can be done without interfearing with the suspension itself.

cro-mo brace and maybe another added on the keep the rear as stiff as possible since eventually a built 4.6 TT will get dropped in.

ill post updates in my rear end guidance thread when there is one.

The billet control arms make a huge difference off the line, highly recommend them. The billet Watts links are marginal unless you road race or drive in that fashion.
    You "feel" the difference because you want to "feel" the difference. Since you just spent money on the upgrade you "have" to feel the difference

I'm looking to eliminate the double pump process I have to follow right now to get the pedal hard

2004 300A Procharger #0010 D1X
    2003 300A Procharger #0017 D1SC (SOLD. Last I heard, it was in Washington State)

OP,,,You got a deal

In regards to the upper and lower control arms. The vendor here Sparta performance sells CHE upper and lower and look great in black. In addition, the price is a lot better than Metcos.

Righteous Indignation
    03 300A
    4055 of 7838
    4054 of 7093 in Black.
    Born 8/23/02
    Adopted in 1/15
    SOLD

Yes you need both! Watts controls tail waggle... Which you can feel when closing door stearnly... Car tail will waggle a little. Install watts link and closing door feels like vault door (or older Mercedes).

Control arms will remove lag from right foot to rear wheels.

Combined it is almost unfathomable they didn't come this way from the factory.

You won't believe the deifference.

Yes do all new bushings while you are at it.

Just my .02...

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

I was actually looking for a bushing list, with part numbers. I want all Poly, Is out car the same as all crown vic's if I call energy suspension.

Ill get the uppers and lowers too then. Thanks for the input.

get the bushings from Metco
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

here is an old thread, years ago there were lots of discussions about how much the watts link add to the handling of the car. I have yet to change that - but did change the control arms, those made a huge difference going in a straight line

https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...p/t-22816.html
    Last edited by stevengerard; 12-08-2018 at 11:08 PM.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

In other terms, after Watts link and rear upper and lower control arms, Car feels 800 pounds lighter, two feet shorter, 4 inches lower, and even 20hp more powerful.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information