Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil pressure gauge swap

Oil pressure gauge swap

Quote Originally Posted by RF Overlord View Post
    The stock gauge is back-lit through the numbers and the primary indicator lines. The replacements are perimeter-lit with a solid (opaque) face.

Norm, except for the tiny bit of black rubber glommed onto your trans temp gauge, your gauge pod looks identical to mine.

Thanks Bob. I left that there for when I take the pod out, so I can lay the assembly down without dinging that side of the gauge. I somehow stupidly dented that side of the bezel (those aluminum bezels are really easy to deform), and that covers the ding and keeps a buffer in place.

Something else I have to fix? That plastic on the area just above the pod scratches like crazy. Just touch it and something flakes off. I know they sell some paint that’s a close match, and someday I need to get everything off and paint it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Svashtar; 11-24-2017 at 09:49 AM.
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

When I bought my car. The owner had Dennis you know who. Put a real oil pump gauge. But as soon as I put boost. It blew 2 sending units. So I went Mechanical and now. She is working like a clock. But I see one of you got a trans gauge. And I think that is my next one to get.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    Sounds like you hooked up a keyed 12v power wire to the lighting wire on the gauge.

You’re right Bob, I need to see if I can splice power over from the LCM controlled Volts gauge instead. I really don’t want it lit all the time.
    2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

I fixed mine, too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information