Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Fast BMW *VIDEO*

Very Fast BMW *VIDEO*

This video is 8min 37sec long and...wow. It doesn't get very interesting until about 2min when he enters a part of the track that is almost like a street road lined with trees (and guard-rails) but if you have the connection...check it out. Especially at the end when he FLYS by on a straight away.

BMW M3 GTR:
    http://www.dgtalpimp.com/m3_gtr_nurburgring.wmv

Cartman Guest
    Heh nice ending with the "Sheer Driving Please" banner. I wonder, does this make anyone here desire an M3? Over the MM? (Eeeeeek.)

Ya I liked the point at around 2 minutes and also at around 7:45 as well. I wonder what kind of tires he's running. Also he must've been the most skilled on the track that day; he passed every car in sight.

How long is the course??
    No Marauder

That was the Nurburgring with Hans Stuck driving. He has a very impressive Bio. Top shelf driver. Would I like an M3? You bet. Those things rip!
    2003A Black
    Really nice floor mats
    2005 Gold Wing, Really YELLOW

Quote Originally Posted by Rider90
    ....BMW M3 GTR:
    OMG! Incredible video, especially blowing past those Carraras.

And that's why Hans Stuck is one of the top ten drivers in the world today.

Remember - for only 750 Euro you can drive the north loop of the 'Ring (known as "Green Hell") yourself!

http://213.239.207.198/nuerburgring.de/106.html?&L=1

"That's what." - She

Kenny Brown Mercury Marauder 'S' - Kenny Brown Signature Edition #10 of 10
    Silver Birch #126 of 4,453
    Mercury Division, Ford Motor Company, Panther/Marauders #7,221 of 7,839

MercuryMarauder.Net Member #111 (!)

I am not worthy to drive at even half that speed. That video actually raised my heart rate. In a dark room on a widescreen I think I would be pretty freaked!!

I love the feel of massive acceleration and all, but when you start adding corners I would rather watch the pros.... That guy can drive
    2003 300A "Morticia"
    2009 Expedition
    1996 E250

FASTEST SPEED POST: 25WPM at 78MPH
    (can only improve with practice)

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderjack
    How long is the course??
    its 14 miles + the Grand Prix track.
    www.nurburgring.org.uk
    many entertaining trip reports under "my trips"
    Wes
    Blue 300B Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy351
    I love the feel of massive acceleration and all, but when you start adding corners I would rather watch the pros.... That guy can drive
    That and how close he cut a few of those passing maneuvers though corners. At I winced a couple times waiting for the !BUMP! and rear tail spin.
    2003 300A Black Mercury Marauder 4334 of 7839
    Trilogy #150 installed by Carfixer & Tallboy 4/21/2007
    (brute's garage)

If you have GT4 for PS2 you can finally run that course...and trust me at 145 on the down hill section it is really that scary...And Hans Stuck....that best driver BMW ever had and is know as the Father of the Nurenburg. It is my dream to drive that course, but in an M5. M3's are S**T Hot but the M% rules the four door shooters...The new ones will give a Z06 a run for its tires. I still like my Rauder though.

That video is sick! I was wide eyed at the closing rates with traffic. I have watched hundreds of 'ring lap videos, that was the second fastest. Fastest was Derek Bell in a 956 under 7 mins it looks like he's in a bobsled.
    Last edited by wesman; 03-10-2005 at 01:45 PM.
    Wes
    Blue 300B Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by wesman
    its 14 miles + the Grand Prix track.
    www.nurburgring.org.uk
    many entertaining trip reports under "my trips"
    14.2 miles in 8.5 minutes ---- that means he averaged some 100.23 mph over the length of the course. Wow !!!

What was that screen splash at about 3.48 into the video? Did you notice when he came up on that black car at 4:30, the guy put his left blinker on to signal him to go right and around.

The closing rate on some of those turns was incredible, I guess Hans has this course memorized 'cause I couldn't tell whether a turn was coming up or not.

The star crack in the windshield about drove me NUTS though !!!
    Last edited by Bluerauder; 03-10-2005 at 02:18 PM.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Amsoil_Dealer Guest
    That is one of the V8 factory M3s on special Michelin slicks. It was no ordinary M3. That car was banned form international points racing but a couple oft hem still exist. The lap was qualifying for the Nurenburgring 24 hour that is pretty much a run what you brung event. Stuck did not win that race. There is some Privateer Viper team that won it at least two years in a row.

Stuck is da man.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by N40GL
    And that's why Hans Stuck is one of the top ten drivers in the world today.

Remember - for only 750 Euro you can drive the north loop of the 'Ring (known as "Green Hell") yourself!

http://213.239.207.198/nuerburgring.de/106.html?&L=1
    The 750 euro is for a whole year pass, a single circuit is 15 Euro. I would pony up 3-5 laps with the MM!!

I guess the total cost per lap would increase if I had to include shipping the car over there.

Severe thread digression ahead.....

Are there any MM in Europe or overseas? Are the owners on the board here?

jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Rider90
    This video is 8min 37sec long and...wow. It doesn't get very interesting until about 2min when he enters a part of the track that is almost like a street road lined with trees (and guard-rails) but if you have the connection...check it out. Especially at the end when he FLYS by on a straight away.

BMW M3 GTR:
    http://www.dgtalpimp.com/m3_gtr_nurburgring.wmv
    There is an episode of Top Gear where the host, Jeremy took a diesel Jaguar and did it in 9.59 seconds after about a day and a half of trying. Then the course taxi driver, Sabine, did it in about 9.27 seconds on her first run in the car. Her father and her grew up around the track and she can take a BMW and do it in about 8 minutes too. I have that video somewhere. She's an impressive driver.

Just browing around and saw this article.

http://www.hrsprings.com/site/frames...carreragt.html

H&R SETS NEW LAP RECORD AT NURBURGRING - 7:32.44
    For ten years now, the German automotive enthusiast magazine Sport Auto has invited anyone with a fast street car and a hot shoe to prove their mettle on the world's greatest race track-the Nurburgring. As if to demonstrate that he can walk the walk as well as he can talk (or write) it, the magazine's editor-in-chief Horst von Saurma climbed behind the wheel of a 612-bhp, H&R-equipped Porsche Carrera GT and completed one lap of the 22.6-kilometer (14 mile) course in just 7.32,44 minutes at an average speed of 164 km/hr (102 mph)-a new record. H&R is factory equipment not only on the new Porsche Carrera GT, but on the Porsche GT2 and GT3. In fact, the last street car to hold the track record was an H&R equipped Porsche GTR 500. So if you want to tackle the Nurburgring, bring your Porsche...and make sure it's equipped with H&R.
    Last edited by BK_GrandMarquis; 03-10-2005 at 07:33 PM.
    2001 Grand Marquis w/HPP
    BC4E Dead Pedal - Ford Billet Fuel Door - Mufflex custom 2.5" Manifold-back exhaust w/X-Pipe - Meg's 4" Marauder Tips - Metco Rear Control Arms & Watts Link - Reinhart Fuel Filter Mod - Quickor Swaybars - PST Carbon Fiber Driveshaft - Dyno Pro Panther Door Sills - BF Goodrich KDW-2 245/40/19 Fronts & 285/35/19 Rears - H&R Spacers 30mm & 35MM - HP Design EVO 19x8.5 & 19x9.5 Wheels - Zexel Torsen T2-R Differential - Ford 3.73 Gears - DG Motorsports Radiator Cover - PSP tuned Excal 2 - Ford Silicone Coolant Hoses - QA1 Dual Adjustable Shocks - Car Motorsports Panther Logo UH & TL Liners - TA Performance Differential Cover - Magnaflow Cats & Mufflers - Accufab 75mm Plenum & Throttle Body - 1" Throttle Body & 1/2" Intake Spacers - AP Racing 6 Piston/13.5" Rotors Front Brake Kit - 4" CAI - Typhoon Intake Manifold - EMP Stewart Water Pump
    SuperMotors Page
    CJMF
    MotorSports North East
    15.195 @ 89.79 - 2.207 60' - 4458 lbs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information