Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: My new dead pedal design

Received and installed mine today. Worth every penny! BC4E is the MAN!
    2004 DTR Marauder, Built 26 February 2004, Inservice: 02 July 2004 Retired from DD 17 July 2008. Survived the cut, 28 April 2012. Back as a DD as of 18 November 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Architect
    I did two things with my KB dead pedal...added two more holes with welded nuts (just like original set) closer to floor board...about 3/4"...so the pedal braket mounts closer to the floor board...hope that makes sense...
    I also asked my dealer to tighten the emergency brake setting during one of my service visits...
    Architect
    I am assuming you had the same issue as me. I also take it that the problem is now gone?? Sounds like a great fix......
    No Matter Where You Go, There You Are.

OK everyone. I know it's been a while but I have 11 more done. I have been busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. To make life a little easier I am just going to set a flat rate for shipping. Mostly cause the UPS estimater has been low on every one I have shipped so far. So $62 includes UPS ground shipping to anywhere in the continental US. If you want to pay by credit card through paypal please add $3 cause that's what I get charged by pay pal for credit card transfers. Please PM me and I will reply with my paypal account and I can email the install instructions as a pdf. Sorry for the change in the rules but I just need to simplify this. Thanks, Ron
    If you’re in control, you’re not going fast enough. – Parnelli Jones

If your wife's having a good time and you're not, you're still having a better time than if you're having a good time and she's not. - Red Green

2004 Marauder 300A - Garage Queen

1025 of 3213. It is one of 1237 in black and one of 2000 w/o the moonroof option.

Performance
    4:10's, rear Adco, front Eibachs w/ KYB shocks, Working oil pressure gauge, JLT CA Kit, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, TCE SS Brake Lines, Zack big brake kit.
    Dress
    Power by Ford coil covers, Maruder sill plates, God's head steering wheel emblem, spoiler, front and rear splash gaurds, Custom dead pedal, LED lights for engine bay, interior and gauges. 64' Marauder Sail Panel for rear badge, custom God's head badge in grill.

LOC: Clermont Florida

Anyone that doesn't have a dead pedal, and wants one needs to jump on this.
    I can attest to the quality and functionality of these dead pedals.
    Don't know for sure, but I doubt Ron is gonna just keep cranking these out, so get em while there are some available!
    ~Jim

2004 Mercury Marauder SB

PM Sent Thanks

Exactly what does a 'dead pedal' do?

Quote Originally Posted by prettyrico
    Exactly what does a 'dead pedal' do?
    Do a search and you'll find an answer.

From SgtMac's latest post: "A dead pedal is many things to many people, but it's original intent on the Marauder was to give shorter folks some "floor" for their left foot. Kenny Brown is about 5'8" tall.

I'm 5'9", wear a 9-10 size shoe (depending on shoe style), and I can't touch the floor when seated in my favorite driving position. With a dead pedal in place, I can brace myself in the seat with my left foot, while my right is free to brake or accelerate.

I am sure I am exerting much down force of the pedal, so, it's got to be strong and securely mounted, and this frees my upper body to control the car without getting thrown around in the twisties/hard cornering.

You guys over 6'/size 13, could prolly care less...LOL!"
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Could you please send me install instructions. I may be interested in getting one. Just want to see what I have to cut, drill, bend or break to install it.

Thanks
    Built: 3/16/2004
    Number 9,879 of 11,052 for Total Production
    Number 2,040 of 3,213 for 2004 Model Year
    Number 663 of 980 Dark Toreador Red Produced
    Dark Charcoal Interior - CD Changer - Heated Seats - Trunk Oganizer - Moonroof - Rear Deck Spoiler
    Trilogy S/C kit #224 installed August 2010
    Detroit Tru-Trac 31 spline with 4.10 gearset
    Must - Go - Faster !

Quote Originally Posted by Dragcity
    Could you please send me install instructions. I may be interested in getting one. Just want to see what I have to cut, drill, bend or break to install it.

Thanks
    Joe, look at BigCars4ever's gallery.
    You will see install pics there.
    ~Jim

2004 Mercury Marauder SB

Alright, Send one along for me.....Please.....
    Built: 3/16/2004
    Number 9,879 of 11,052 for Total Production
    Number 2,040 of 3,213 for 2004 Model Year
    Number 663 of 980 Dark Toreador Red Produced
    Dark Charcoal Interior - CD Changer - Heated Seats - Trunk Oganizer - Moonroof - Rear Deck Spoiler
    Trilogy S/C kit #224 installed August 2010
    Detroit Tru-Trac 31 spline with 4.10 gearset
    Must - Go - Faster !

Order sent and payment sent. Thanks for all your hard work BC4E...I know I'm gonna love this...

JWM

Last call for dead pedals. I have a few left. If there's no takers I will post on Ebay for kicks but I wanted to offer them here first one last time.

If your wife's having a good time and you're not, you're still having a better time than if you're having a good time and she's not. - Red Green

1025 of 3213. It is one of 1237 in black and one of 2000 w/o the moonroof option.

Performance
    4:10's, rear Adco, front Eibachs w/ KYB shocks, Working oil pressure gauge, JLT CA Kit, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve, TCE SS Brake Lines, Zack big brake kit.
    Dress
    Power by Ford coil covers, Maruder sill plates, God's head steering wheel emblem, spoiler, front and rear splash gaurds, Custom dead pedal, LED lights for engine bay, interior and gauges. 64' Marauder Sail Panel for rear badge, custom God's head badge in grill.

Got the pedal installed this weekend. SUPER SWEET!!!

It sits right where you need it, stout as hell, looks killer and doesn't interfere with the interior trim (no cutting except for on the wire harness behind the kick panel) or floormat.

I don't think I could live without it now.

BC4E, thanks for all your hard work. Very much appreciated on this end.

JWM

How funny, I just noticed your location in Middletown Ct. I went to Highschool at Xavier High but I lived in North Branford. I miss the scenery but not the winters.

Performance
    Dress

Gotcha....don't really care for the winter's myself (but like having all 4 seasons). Wouldn't mind seeing a little snow today though, it's over 90 with some monster humidity kicking right now...

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread Information