Thread: Rusty Rotors? Drilled/Slotted?

Rusty Rotors? Drilled/Slotted?

I just may have the cure for you. This may be an add-on in the future, so if you're interested let me know. The rotors pictured are Baers that generally rust shortly after installing them. The slots/vanes and holes develop surface rust that leaves everything with a brown tinge. The only way to remove it is using a dremel with small pieces of sand paper through each hole, and applying a high temperature clear coating - Giving it a polished look. There is more involved, but that is just a rough idea of what has to be done.

Great tip! My slotted Wilwood rotors suffer the same problem, but I've been using high-temp flat black to keep the oxidation at bay. I'll have to try the clear next time I go over the brakes again.

P.S., Jason, your attention to detail is awesome.
    Currently Marauderless but looking

OK - That is some very fine work and the finished product is beautiful!
    I also think that this may be an example of too much time on you're hands! LOL!
    SOLD '03 300A Black - "805" of 7838
    Plate - "EVILMERC"

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Gillom Rogers: [Books is giving Gillom a shooting lesson] Mr. Books, How is it you've killed so many men? My spread wasn't much bigger than yours.
    John Bernard Books: First of all,friend, there's no one up there shooting back at you. Second, I found most men aren't willing, they bat an eye, or draw a breath before they shoot. I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rider90 View Post
    I just may have the cure for you. This may be an add-on in the future, so if you're interested let me know. The rotors pictured are Baers that generally rust shortly after installing them. The slots/vanes and holes develop surface rust that leaves everything with a brown tinge. The only way to remove it is using a dremel with small pieces of sand paper through each hole, and applying a high temperature clear coating - Giving it a polished look. There is more involved, but that is just a rough idea of what has to be done.

With or without the rust... does your Marauder stop more efficiently??

Thread Information