Thread: some major questions about the marauder before I purchase one???

dark98stang Guest

some major questions about the marauder before I purchase one???

Like I had added in my other post, I am planning to purchase a Marauder for real estate

One of the biggest questions is can I rotate my tires???

If I remember correctly it is 245/55 for the rear and 235/50 for the front. Would I be able to rotate them side to side???

Also, I want to yank out the orginal radio deck and add a flip screen for dvd's, xbox, internet, and other programs Would you think, there is a system that could fit in there???

I would more than likely change out all the speakers also.

Rotation of the MM's tires is just how you described, side to side. And yes you can find a stereo place who'd swap your radio out for a touch screen.

Wow, I must be missing a screw somewhere All I want to listen to, is my MM growl...

I'm with ya on that Sergnt! Driving my radio always seems to be low. Only time I crank it up is if I'm sitting someplace, like a gas station or drive-thru.

Joe Marauder Guest
    Yes, you can only rotate the tires side to side and NOT front to back(vise/versa). Your radio also has specific connectors it takes from the wiring behind it. If you subtitute, you're going to have to rework alot of connectors back there. Your redundant controls on the steering wheel also control your radio, it might screw up these controls or the unit your going to subtitute.

I much rather hear the growl also!!!!!

mtnh Guest
    Aren't the tires directional? That would require breaking them off the rims and remounting/balancing each rotation! If not directional, nevermind...

Mike

Alpine makes a stereo with a special harness to attach to the controls of the steering wheel so those buttons will work.

2004 BLACK MERCURY MARAUDER
    SCT
    JLT Cold Air Induction
    PHP Intake Spacer
    Cobra Ported Manifolds
    Flowmaster 50's
    Magnaflow X-Pipe
    Stallion TC
    4:10's
    Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
    Rear sway bar

1969 GREEN MACH I MUSTANG GT
    351 Windsor
    Shelby Cam
    Shelby Tri-Y headers
    Ported and polished heads
    10.5:1 Domed pistons/rods
    Balanced and blue-printed
    Offenhauser Intake
    NOS plummed under intake (8 fuel injectors, 8 NOS injectors)
    Art Carr TC
    Tranny shift kit
    Dual ignition with MSD
    3:90 Posi rear end
    Bought car when I was 16 and still have it

Directedby: Does that Alpine stereo with the special harness also have the ability to play MP3 CD's? I've got a large collection of CD's and 33 rpm records that I rip tracks out of. If yes, wonder if I can order a MM with radio delete option?

Bill Smith

Smith:

I make CD's on my Mac Itunes program and they play on the Alpine.

Doubt you can order MM without radio.

2004 BLACK MERCURY MARAUDER
    SCT
    JLT Cold Air Induction
    PHP Intake Spacer
    Cobra Ported Manifolds
    Flowmaster 50's
    Magnaflow X-Pipe
    Stallion TC
    4:10's
    Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
    Rear sway bar

1969 GREEN MACH I MUSTANG GT
    351 Windsor
    Shelby Cam
    Shelby Tri-Y headers
    Ported and polished heads
    10.5:1 Domed pistons/rods
    Balanced and blue-printed
    Offenhauser Intake
    NOS plummed under intake (8 fuel injectors, 8 NOS injectors)
    Art Carr TC
    Tranny shift kit
    Dual ignition with MSD
    3:90 Posi rear end
    Bought car when I was 16 and still have it

Maybe I've missed something---I thought radial tires shouldn't be rotated side to side. Reversing their rotation was supposed to be a no-no. Also, you probably won't see much gain in tread life going side to side as the tire duty isn't going to change much.

Just my 2 cents.

dark98stang Guest
    Originally posted by 427435
    Maybe I've missed something---I thought radial tires shouldn't be rotated side to side. Reversing their rotation was supposed to be a no-no. Also, you probably won't see much gain in tread life going side to side as the tire duty isn't going to change much.

Just my 2 cents.
    ya I just realized that

well, what If I just rotated the tires normally like front to back and vice versa???

There is only a slight difference in tire size. To me it is minimal I doubt anyone could on the type of ride.

bozobill Guest
    The dynamics of ride, steering, performance and above all safety, is compromised by not providing essential duplication of the relationship between rolling diameters on the front and the back. In short keep the rears on the rear and the fronts on the front...and replace all four when you see wear on any tire that is outside of acceptable limits. Just consider limited tire life and replacement cost as one of the prices you're willing to pay to own this beauty.

Larry Vogel Guest
    I've never bothered with rotating tires, if their is exccesive wear on one of the front's, have the problem fixed, why mess up a good tire, cheaper to replace one tire than 2. Most tires now are good for 40-50 thousand miles unless you are burning them up at the drags, but that's what they make slicks for.
    Take the information on the Marauder, or after you buy it, to your local car audio shop and ask them what they have for it. They are glad to take your money for anything they can sell ya.

Thread Information