Thread: Still an LCM issue?

Angry Still an LCM issue?

I picked up two junkyard LCMs. Now my headlights do not work. I put the old one back in with working headlights and now the old one will not turn on the headlights.

When i was taking the old LCM out my dumbass caused a spark and i blew a fuse that was a 25. I changed the fuse.

No headlights, no tail lights, no gauge light.

I checked every fuse, I cannot find anything.

Very livid right now.

Suggestions please.
    "Bye Bye, Johnny B. Goode."

There are somethings that aren't worth gettkng in a junkyard.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Fuse 25 is the cigarette lighter. That wire is bundled with grounds, oil and voltage feeds, andddd illumination... (Gauge pod & shifter) Sounds like you may have nicked the ground, or the hot with an illumination wire.

I would pull the gauge pod and trace it back the hole one foot towards the LCM.

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.
    Last edited by justbob; 05-11-2013 at 09:23 PM.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Fixed......

Well? What was it?

Self proclaimed Builder Of Badassery.
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

The relay Zack put in had to be changed. Both junkyard ones are garbage unless the same relay repair is done. The fix Zack did works, I just had to change the telay he put in about two years ago.

Eric discovered a fuse was about to blow or something last week. Thanks to him too

Car is in perfect working order again! Window regulator is all that needs to be addressed monday. If it has an orange marking I get a clean trade in the yard.

Bam!

Glad you got it fixed Dom but a word of warning....it always pays to disconnect the negative battery lead when messing with electrical stuff!!
    No Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by Marauderjack View Post
    Glad you got it fixed Dom but a word of warning....it always pays to disconnect the negative battery lead when messing with electrical stuff!!
    Yup. I know better now... should have been a given.

Sometimes its hard to get the ground screw in the lcm just right
    03 300a. black #1695 of 7839 born 6/20/02.
    Adopted 3/31/11. Sold

03 300a black #1199
    TERMINATOR SWAP
    430rwhp. Done by mo's

Quote Originally Posted by slickster View Post
    Sometimes its hard to get the ground screw in the lcm just right
    There are no ground screw for the LCM. The two screws there only secure the LCM to the bracket. The LCM grounds are via the three harnesses.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Thread Information