Thread: No right turn flash when on low beam

No right turn flash when on low beam

On high beam flashers/turn signal work fine. On low beam the arrow pointing to the right on dash stays on and turn signals wont flash. they all light up but no flash. Very strange. Have new multifunction switch in it and that did not cure it (same with oem switch)

You have a bad ground up at the front lights.

Quote Originally Posted by EMAS View Post
    You have a bad ground up at the front lights.
    Do you know where the grounds are located?

Quote Originally Posted by HITEKBALANCER View Post
    Do you know where the grounds are located?
    Multipul grounds, there are grounds near the battery on the inside of the fender, grounds on the back of the inside of driver side fender, there are also some grounds on the core support, check and clean all of them.

Using a DVOM, you should have -0- ohms between the ground on the battery and any of those points.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

what is the core support

what is the core support
    Core support is the piece that the radiator bolts to.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Core support is the piece that the radiator bolts to.
    Yes I looked it up. Cant find any grounds attached to it. Only grounds I can find are on left fender and the battery ground on the right.

Yes I looked it up. Cant find any grounds attached to it. Only grounds I can find are on left fender and the battery ground on the right.

IIRC, they are on the engine side of it, but it most likely will vary by the year of the vehicle...... but don't hold me to it on a 03', 04' MY.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

I cant find any grounds on the core support. There is a ground on the battery to the fender, next to it is two lugs that also ground to the fender on a separate bolt. All looked clean but I cleaned them anyway. It seems the factory relies on the ground going through the screw which is plastic coated. The lugs don't touch metal on the fender they are laying on top of paint. Anyway I cleaned them and no change.

One thing I cant seem to get a straight answer on is what the LCM does and "not does". When the left turn is on (which works) the LCM ticks. The right side it is silent but the lights go on.

With the left low beam problem I had and the turn signal on the right, the LCM has something to do with both. The confusing thing is some say if the lows and highs work at all the lcm is not the problem.

Also I bought a rebuilt one on ebay before the I put the car away last winter. I never got around to putting it in until last week. The rebuilt unit was totally screwed up. My airbag light was flashing randomly etc. They would not warranty it as I never returned the core even though I paid the $100 core charge.

The rebuilt one had various problems but the one common thing was left low beam and right turn signal.

I am taking one more stab at it. I bought an aftermarket LCM for $98 in ebay. Anyone try one of these?

After I get the aftermarket one in place I will send my original out for repair.

After that it's off to ford it goes. Too bad Taxi cab companies don't offer repair services. Ill bet they could tell me exactly what is wrong with it without any wasted time or money.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

I did check the grounds to the rear turn signals. Everything lights up it just wont flash.

I cant find any grounds on the core support. There is a ground on the battery to the fender, next to it is two lugs that also ground to the fender on a separate bolt. All looked clean but I cleaned them anyway. It seems the factory relies on the ground going through the screw which is plastic coated. The lugs don't touch metal on the fender they are laying on top of paint. Anyway I cleaned them and no change.

One thing I cant seem to get a straight answer on is what the LCM does and "not does". When the left turn is on (which works) the LCM ticks. The right side it is silent but the lights go on.

With the left low beam problem I had and the turn signal on the right, the LCM has something to do with both. The confusing thing is some say if the lows and highs work at all the lcm is not the problem.

Also I bought a rebuilt one on ebay before the I put the car away last winter. I never got around to putting it in until last week. The rebuilt unit was totally screwed up. My airbag light was flashing randomly etc. They would not warranty it as I never returned the core even though I paid the $100 core charge.

The rebuilt one had various problems but the one common thing was left low beam and right turn signal.

I am taking one more stab at it. I bought an aftermarket LCM for $98 in ebay. Anyone try one of these?

After I get the aftermarket one in place I will send my original out for repair.

After that it's off to ford it goes. Too bad Taxi cab companies don't offer repair services. Ill bet they could tell me exactly what is wrong with it without any wasted time or money.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

I did check the grounds to the rear turn signals. Everything lights up it just wont flash.
    Unfortunately I think you wasted another $98 on the LCM. It's been my experience that none of the "eBay" LCM's work. I could have saved you the expense and you would have gotten a working LCM with a guarantee.

The LCM does contain the flasher for the turn signals.
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Cancelled the sale. My shop foreman found it. Here is a riddle. What is gray, furry and usually chased by cats?

Mice. Mice chewed through the harness and took out the blue/white wire and two others. The harness goes through the footboard on the passenger side.

This is the second time. I now keep Decon in all my cars. I also scattered Decon boxes all around my property outdoors, indoors in the cars. In my commercial building. I keep refreshing it until it is no longer disappearing. These wires were chewed over a year ago. My foreman pushed a subwoofer power wire through the grommet 7 months ago and this is when the problem started.

Glad you found the problem.
    Ronald Regan

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

General James Mattis

Thread Information