Thread: AC leak i cant find

Blog Entries

AC leak i cant find

in last few months my AC has been blowing warm. I refilled it and it lasted a week or so. Then I added stop leak and it lasted a couple day. Then we added stop leak with dye but with the light and glasses we couldn't see anything, there was a little around the port but think that's just from when we added it. I removed the radiator cover and didn't see anything.....none around the compressor .......where else can it be escaping?

only other thing I notice but not sure if its normal. when I turn off the car I get this wheezing sound from dash and more often then not I find my vents closed even though I didn't close them.....is that the o rings failing in controller

Can't speak to the AC leak, but the wheezing sound from your description sounds like blend door actuator opening and closing the door. On some cars I know it is standard that when shut off they close, can't remember if that is the case on the marauder.
    Black 2003 300A Marauder Build Date 06-02 100K Miles, Bought used 05/07/11 (SOLD - Uncle)
    HID Morimoto Mini Projector Headlights (built myself), HID Morimoto Matchbox Projector Foglights, Pioneer Z140BH Headunit w/Pioneer 3 way speakers, XM Radio, backup cam, GMRS radio installed, LED backlit gauge cluster, tint, McGard & Gorilla locking lugs (all of them), Cooper RS3A tires, dead pedal, 4.10s, MO's Tune, 3" Fuel Filter.

Black 2003 300A Marauder KB Supercharger, 120K Miles, still researching build specs.

Other Owned:
    00 White CVPI (KTA Car)
    2003 Black Chevy Suburban Z71
    2009 White Tahoe PPV
    2019 Blue Ram 1500 Laramie

did you check the bottom of the filter dryer?
    03 MM, DBP, Charcoal, 6disk, HS, organizer, spoiler Mods: Z&M arms, Beamtech Led headlight bulbs, LED turns, ditch, tails, reverse & interior(blue), oil deflector, U-Hall Tranny pan. running stock size Cooper Zeon RS3-G1

02 SL500 Silver Arrow - first aid kit delete, maybe for sale

08 Town Car Signature Limited, HID's Mods>Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17, Summer = 06 mustang Bullet rims BFG G-Force Comp2 A/S Plus 235/55-17.

Sorry ahead of time if this isnt useful ; the AC system will blow warm air if AC clutch plate doesnt engage. To confirm, open hood and have someone turn on the AC. Be looking at the clutch plate as AC is turned on. Plate should begin turning at full speed, and engine RPM drop just a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '03 Silver Birch. Rebuilt 4.L 32V DOHC, V7-JT blower w/ADTR racing supercharger kit, Shift kit in transmission, stainless works long pipes and cat backs, Ridetech coil-overs front, shocks in back (ADTR kit). Rebuilt calipers, upgraded front rotors, OEM Mercury wheels, [boost, oil P, WB fuel/air, and fuel pressure] gauges. Build duration was Dec 2019 to Mar 2022. Upgraded to 8 rib belt to reduce slip, July-Nov '23. Car broke during tune with Marty Feb '24. Running again May '24. Still needs tune.

Blog Entries
    thanks everyone. yes the clutch is engaging thats how i started to know something was wrong. i was hearing ac kicking on and off repeatedly. my buddy is an AC guy so he helped me replace the in valve and we recharged it and it blew cold for about a week. then it started kicking on and off as I was driving and it went warm again. then we put the stop leak and put the glasses on and had a couple lights and lifted it up on the lift so we could see different angles. that's why we are stumped. sorry about my typing and caps I'm recovering from spinal surgery and am typing with one finger.

The accumulators on these cars are made of steel, and they are known to rot inside the plastic housing, I would start with replacing it.
    2003 Black - sold, back again, and sold
    2003 DBP/DC - #153 Whipple 3.4 (permanent garage art)
    2003 DBP/LF - # 36 sold
    2003 DBP/LF - # 205 sold
    2004 Black - Trilogy #43
    2003 Black - sold
    2004 DTR - sold

Thread Information