Thread: Speedometer signal assistance.

Speedometer signal assistance.

To be brief. I don't have the 4.6 and 4r70 trans anymore.

Finding conflicting info. I'm trying to get my speedo working again using a Dakota digital Sgi-5e. My speed signal is 4k ppm.

Where does the stock setup gets its initial signal? I've tried going from the dakato box directly to the speedo signal wire but that's not producing any usable results. I have still have the factory ecm in the car. I've got my alt. Light, tach, fuel working. I've contacted Dakota directly, they weren't much help. If I can figure out what the signal stock is and where to tap in that might help.

Aldo struggling with ect signal. I tied the stock sender into the motor and wired to cluster and the schematics show the ecm just piggy backs the signal wires. But can't seem to get that to function either.

Get it in the radio harness. Gray/black wire. Or same wire at the cruise module.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

Speedometer signal assistance.

What trans are you using? Your signal return is the Grey/red down at the trans once it has gone thru the speed sensor. Or like mentioned the GR/BK at the radio.

If it’s just a calibration, that can be adjusted in tuning. I remember mine reading double on the way to the dyno after my 6 speed install!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I'd rather not say as to avoid getting blacklisted lol.

I tapped into the speedometer wire at the ecm connector and ran that wire to the Dakota box.

Thread Information