Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burger madness march 2017 in Frechen, Germany

Smile Burger madness march 2017 in Frechen, Germany

Hi Guys

Remember the last time I had a mad burger run? Three Marauders in Frechen Well a friend of mine expressed an interest in riding shotgun but at the time couldn't make it. Last week whilst enjoying a pint at a local bar doing another mad burger run was mentioned, a few minutes later a schedule was set. So Barry and myself will be at ....

Miss PeppeR American Resturant
    Kölner Straße 209
    50226 Frechen
    Germany

...on Saturday 4th March from about 6:00pm till everyone gets fed up.

Everyone is welcome no matter what you drive, come along for a good time with some good new friends.

Why not make this a truly international Lincoln Mercury meet? I will be in my Town Car as my Marauder is still in hiding for the winter

Regards

Dereck

I am"The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Glad to see that me brothers across the pond are still meeting at Miss Peppers. Joanne and I will be touring both Austria and Switzerland this May.

No.. we are not taking the car.

My offer still stands for any of my Miss Peppers brothers & sisters. If you get to America in time for the Carlisle "All Fords Weekend", I'll get you to the show.

You can even sample my Sangria.

Hi Dereck,

I'm actually going to be in England with my Marauder from the 19th February to the 5th March and I was just about to message you if you would like to meet up before I read your post here.

However this sounds like a great idea so I might be able to cut my stay short and convoy back to Germany with you guys.

Let me know what you think.

2003 Black 300A Dark Charcoal, #499 of 6978 built 06/04/02
    3.88 gears, dual fuel propane conversion.
    2003 Silver 300B Light Flint, #166 of 417 built 04/22/03
    TCE/Wilwood big brake kit, SW headers and cats, Flowmaster mufflers
    1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series Touring Sedan
    Dual exhaust, dual fuel propane conversion
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT Sport Package
    Holden HSV GTS body kit, dual fuel propane conversion
    Previously: 2003 Audi A6 Avant | 1999 Ford Fairlane AU

Hi JSignorrelli

Quote Originally Posted by jsignorelli View Post

My offer still stands for any of my Miss Peppers brothers & sisters. If you get to America in time for the Carlisle "All Fords Weekend", I'll get you to the show.
    I am already booked into Carlisle, hanging with the Lincoln Mark vii Club as usual. I always take a meander around the Marauders guess this year I will have to reveal myself to you

Hi MGDriver

Quote Originally Posted by MGDriver View Post
    Hi Dereck,

I'm actually going to be in England with my Marauder from the 19th February to the 5th March and I was just about to message you if you would like to meet up before I read your post here.

However this sounds like a great idea so I might be able to cut my stay short and convoy back to Germany with you guys.

I can sure make an effort to meet up. Weekdays would be a little difficult at the moment as I seem to be doing 12 plus hour days aye the shop but the weekend 25th/26th is certainly doable, let me know some details of where and when you are likely to be.

As for convoying back to Germany I can see no reason why not if that's what you wanted to do, my train ride is booked for 10:50 March 4th.

I drive kind of sedately whilst in my Town Car rarely going over 75mph hopefully you wouldn't get bored at such a slow pace, we also will be stopping on the Belgium border for some cheap tobacco

Take care

Dereck

Quote Originally Posted by Dereck View Post
    Hi JSignorrelli

I am already booked into Carlisle, hanging with the Lincoln Mark vii Club as usual. I always take a meander around the Marauders guess this year I will have to reveal myself to you

Dereck
    ...and the rest of us as well.

Hi Dereck:

I will bring some extra chairs since the plane restricts luggage by weight.
    At the very least, you will have a place to sit when visiting with the Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by Dereck View Post
    Hi MGDriver

I can sure make an effort to meet up. Weekdays would be a little difficult at the moment as I seem to be doing 12 plus hour days aye the shop but the weekend 25th/26th is certainly doable, let me know some details of where and when you are likely to be.

As for convoying back to Germany I can see no reason why not if that's what you wanted to do, my train ride is booked for 10:50 March 4th.

I drive kind of sedately whilst in my Town Car rarely going over 75mph hopefully you wouldn't get bored at such a slow pace, we also will be stopping on the Belgium border for some cheap tobacco

Take care

Dereck
    I arrived in the UK late last night, it was a horrible journey through Belgium and England being stuck in traffic most of the time. Little did I know it was the end of British school holidays so everybody was on their way home.

I'm in Surrey again like last year but I'm happy to come over to Somerset for the day on either Saturday or Sunday. Are there any nice places you could recommend for meeting up in your area?

We can discuss the details of convoying together in person then. I usually have my cruise control set to 85 when I'm on the highway but 75 is absolutely fine too, saves me some fuel as well.

OK Marvin, don't show off. You just want those of us in the colonies to feel bad that you can go that fast.

You set the cruise control for 85! Was that Km/hr or miles/hour?

Quote Originally Posted by jsignorelli View Post
    OK Marvin, don't show off. You just want those of us in the colonies to feel bad that you can go that fast.

You set the cruise control for 85! Was that Km/hr or miles/hour?
    That's 85 mph but that's only for driving around Europe where the speed limit is usually 130 km/h but when I'm driving in Germany on the Autobahn I set it to 100 mph which is 160 km/h as there are no speed limits on our highways for most parts.

It's not fair that you guys have both the Autobahn AND the Nürburgring...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Thumbs up

Hi MGDriver

Quote Originally Posted by MGDriver View Post
    I'm in Surrey again like last year but I'm happy to come over to Somerset for the day on either Saturday or Sunday. Are there any nice places you could recommend for meeting up in your area?
    Nothing much exciting ever happens in Somerset and not sure what would float your boat, Sunday would be better for me.

It's a two and a half hour drive to my home town for you, did you want to meet up somewhere midday/early afternoon and do something touristy then eat? Or just meet up somewhere later and just eat/drink and be merry?

A couple places spring to mind ...

Wookey Hole Caves and paper mill

Sparkford Motor Museum

Both places close about 4:30 on a Sunday

As for eating we have a few American style diners 20 - 50 minutes from my home Town

we have a couple Frankie & Benny's one in Street and one in Weston-Super-Mare

Route 303 Diner Honiton. Devon

Mattia Diner Sparkford, Somerset

The Mattia diner is only a couple miles from The Sparkford Motor Museum if you wanted to kill two birds with one stone as it were.

Or maybe just meet up at an all English pub early evening for something to eat, I usually go to the The Winchester Arms Trull, near Taunton, it's about 25 minutes south of me and they have a pub quiz on Sundays if you fancy a brain ache.

Or even do something like Sparkford Motor Museum and then drive back to The Winchester Arms for some nosebag, the choice is yours.

Oh yeah don't worry about your wallet your Euros are no good in Somerset

Take care dude

Dereck

I have driven the Autobahn. I do admit that on weekends, the lack of trucks makes the ride very pleasurable. However, here in the United States, we have Interstate 40.

I drove from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon (389 miles) in just over 3 hours. There is no speed limit on I-40 as you cross the desert. The speed signs read: "What ever the weather permits". My average speed in the rental Hertz Shelby Mustang, was 125 MPH. I was regularly passed by faster cars. What prevented me from driving faster? She was sitting in the passenger seat reading the newspaper. My speed limiter has been married to me for 48 years. Enough said!

Thanks for the great suggestions, my friend Tom is coming along with me again (guy with the red Mustang you met last year) and we are both big car enthusiats so we would really like to see the Sparkford Motor Musem.

We are also planning to see a friend of Tom over in Bridgwater on Sunday afternoon so we thought we could possibly meet you in Sparkford in the morning at lets say 10AM to have a look around the museum and then perhaps head over to the Mattia Diner for some burgers and lunch.

Hi MGDriver

Looks like we have a plan, see you at Sparkford Motor Museum at 10am. Should be a straight run for you along the A303, look out for Stonehenge!

I could wave to my Marauder in passing, it is stored about a half mile from the museum

See you Sunday

Dereck

Sounds great, looking forward to it! I looked up Stonehenge which appears to be right next to the A303 so I might stop by there for some photos on my way out.

We could say hi to your Marauder and get some side-by-side photos together with mine if you like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information