Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Build!!! am I missing anything

Quote Originally Posted by guspech750 View Post
    I remember kits made for the 4th gen F-body's. Made good power etc etc. looked pretty lame though. Engine looked stock. Nothing cool to look at.

But they do work.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.
    That would be the primary reason I'd want it. It would be more likely to get by the smog nazis in CA without issue; they aren't going to look in the trunk. They look for cats, EGR, under-hood mods...and that's about it. When it's time for smog, the factory airbox and MAF goes on, the wastegate gets wired open, the compressor intakes get corked, and the turbo (or turbos) become muffler(s). You could even air-water cool it with the heat exchanger back there.

It would be a 30 minute inconvenience every 2 years at smog time to swap the under-hood for smog.

There's a ton of room back there, it's doable. Getting a single pipe all the way forward would be the biggest challenge.

Eaton swaps are problematic here; you'll get tagged then will have to go to a smog referee and claim that you swapped in a 2003 Cobra engine...and then they're going to dig and find you don't have a 2003 Cobra PCM and might spot the return fuel. I already know someone who played this game and lost. They are aware of this...there's specific part number information for the PCM and so forth in their handbook. They also know about "ford racing" crate engines and controls packs, and are looking for them.

You could put a Vortech kit on it legally here due to it being included in the exemption order; but they never sold one so you have to piece it together and make sure the head unit has the right Carb EO number...and if you want more than what it can deliver, or wish to intercool it, you're out of luck. The EO information is extensive enough that you won't get away with that if you get the wrong smog guy looking under the hood.

They key is to make the underhood look stock. They won't give it a second thought and you'll be in/out in 15 minutes or less.

Quote Originally Posted by ByronRACE View Post
    That would be the primary reason I'd want it. It would be more likely to get by the smog nazis in CA without issue; they aren't going to look in the trunk. They look for cats, EGR, under-hood mods...and that's about it. When it's time for smog, the factory airbox and MAF goes on, the wastegate gets wired open, the compressor intakes get corked, and the turbo (or turbos) become muffler(s). You could even air-water cool it with the heat exchanger back there.

It would be a 30 minute inconvenience every 2 years at smog time to swap the under-hood for smog.

There's a ton of room back there, it's doable. Getting a single pipe all the way forward would be the biggest challenge.

Eaton swaps are problematic here; you'll get tagged then will have to go to a smog referee and claim that you swapped in a 2003 Cobra engine...and then they're going to dig and find you don't have a 2003 Cobra PCM and might spot the return fuel. I already know someone who played this game and lost. They are aware of this...there's specific part number information for the PCM and so forth in their handbook. They also know about "ford racing" crate engines and controls packs, and are looking for them.

You could put a Vortech kit on it legally here due to it being included in the exemption order; but they never sold one so you have to piece it together and make sure the head unit has the right Carb EO number...and if you want more than what it can deliver, or wish to intercool it, you're out of luck. The EO information is extensive enough that you won't get away with that if you get the wrong smog guy looking under the hood.

They key is to make the underhood look stock. They won't give it a second thought and you'll be in/out in 15 minutes or less.

ADTR sells a Vortech with a Marauder OE number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

and now the tuning begins
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice. Just a note: I had my turbo bracket affixed to the bosses of the timing cover at first. (not the studded bolts) When the turbo spooled at WOT, the flex actually pulled the timing cover away from the heads and block, causing a lot of oil seepage.

WHOA! will the flex piping help with that? my cv was built the same way and never had an issue after three years of beating on it.

https://youtu.be/kqzbFUTXG40

quick vid, she's loud

Sound good!
    2004 Black Marauder: #2237 Born on 4/1/2004

Eaton Swapped and a bunch of other goodies!

thanks, pretty good spooling for this size turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo4v06 View Post
    thanks, pretty good spooling for this size turbo
    Awesome! Sounds good
    04 twin turbo Marauder custom made by myself 😁
    3800stall freddy Brown 4stbe trans 31 spline rear
    601rwhp 592rwtq @19psi

thank you sir

oh yea, that was 12psi

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo4v06 View Post
    oh yea, that was 12psi
    Kewl are you doing remote tuning? Or tuning it yourself?
    04 twin turbo Marauder custom made by myself 😁
    3800stall freddy Brown 4stbe trans 31 spline rear
    601rwhp 592rwtq @19psi

Sounds pretty stout!

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Quote Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
    Kewl are you doing remote tuning? Or tuning it yourself?
    Remote tuning

"S*** just got real"

'Just Live'

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread Information