Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RF Overlord & Stealth Vic Install rear deck spoiler

Thumbs up RF Overlord & Stealth Vic Install rear deck spoiler

The warmer weather provided a window of opportunity yesterday for RF Overlord and Stealth Vic to install a Marauder rear deck spoiler on the 2002 Crown Victoria LX Sport.

RF Overlord (standing) and Stealth Vic (drilling inside trunk) during the installation of the spoiler...

Some photos showing the final results...

Many, many thanks to RF Overlord and his wife who drove a considerable distance to direct and assist me in the installation process. It was a fun project made all the more enjoyable by meeting a great couple and starting a new friendship. Looking forward to getting together with you guys again sometime!

BTW, RF Overlord and I would also enjoy getting together with some other MM or CV/GM owners for a local meet some time. Anyone from the New England area interested?

It's a great kit to install isn't it? Instructions and quality of the Ford kit are awesome, which is something I wasn't expecting when I installed mine...

Looks great guys!

Menace Guest
    I would be interested in getting together sometime this summer.

C.E.

Nice work.
    I can't believe how much the Vic looks like the MM from the side!
    You got it goin', now perhaps stealth the tail lites???
    Definately first thing on my list when I return from the wild west.

Great work guys, it give me the incentive to go for it.....$$ wise.

You have to re-pic your sig now
    2017 Niro

Well done...looks GREAT!

I see you did the smart thing and kept the powertools OUT of RF's hands....

Ummm...For the sake (and risk) of being honest here, it all looks a bit off to me. Like, maybe tilted up just a tad? A smidge high on my visual left? Like I see it in these pics?

Maybe the driveway you're parked on, isn't flat and level?

Maybe the camera was slight tilted to the right?

Maybe the photographer was leaning to left? Slightly? Just a smidge? One leg shorter than the other?

Oh...wait a minute, lemme check something...

Yeah, that's it.

Just a paper clip stuck under my monitor...Okay.

Nevermind.

Sorry...

Sarge,
    Too funny!

Stealth,
    Just looking at that pic makes me wonder, how many times did RF hit you in the head with the deck lid?

Looks great!

Smile

Great Job Cooper and RF, I too think its a little high (mounted about 4 millimeters higher than it probably should have been) I think... but it looks great nonetheless!

I just picked mine up today from Pat's place, and hope to get it painted soon and mount it as well! The instructions are awesome, I'll take them to school tomorrow and scan them for the rest of you guys to see how detailed they are and post them on my site!

as for the comment below:

Originally posted by CRUZTAKER

I can't believe how much the Vic looks like the MM from the side!
    I think you meant it the other way around bud, the Vic hasn't changed since 1998 so I think what you really meant is how come they made the Marauder soooooo much like the Vic... maybe not.

heh, Enjoy the spoiler Coop, see you in Canada at the STAP/FORD 100th meet!

--Russ

Originally posted by JerseyVics
    Great Job Cooper and RF, I too think its a little high (mounted about 4 millimeters higher than it probably should have been) I think... but it looks great nonetheless!--Russ
    Coop's IS very slightly higher than mine, but since there is no absolute positioning guide, it all has to be done by eye. I bet if you lined up 3 or 4 of them, they'd all be a tiny bit different...I actually prefer the way Coop's is mounted compared to mine; I like the little bit of "flip-up" it has.

And CRUZ, try www.fordpartsnetwork.com . His prices are much better than the dealer (save 40%), and the service is great...

Part # is 2W7Z-5444210-AAB...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Thanks for the compliments guys Regarding the placement of the spoiler: RFO and I spent a long, long time checking it from ALL angles BEFORE the final decision on the placement was made. We used RFO's Marauder as a guideline. Before we finalized it, we both realized that we had placed MINE a little bit higher on the trunk than his was. We kept looking at it, comparing it with the Marauder's spoiler, and we both liked the look with it being a tad higher- so the decision was made to "go for it".
    TAF, LML: I see you guys have worked with RFO before. LOL! Actually, RFO was very careful NOT to smash my head too many times with the trunk. The only painful part was during the drilling of the 1" holes inside the trunk. The metal shavings were amazingly hot and kept burning my face and hands when they landed on them. (OUCH!) "I love the feel of burning shrapnel in the afternoon!" I wore glasses while doing this. Anyone who attempts this installation should wear eye protection if you value your eyesight!

Russ: Best of luck with your installation. Take your time doing the job and I know you'll be very pleased with the results! I can't wait to see a WHITE spoiler installed.

-Coop

you know I think I like it too a tad bit up like that... I was sizing it up today with my car and it is definitely a two person job... lol... so I'll do the install later.

Did you guys notice that this spoiler was made in the UK? heh kinda weird, considering all other parts are either Canada, China, Taiwan or Mexico....

Oh and this thing is plastic... shallow on the inside... there are two holes on the inner part that show you just how open the inside of it is... must be pretty fragile.

--Russ

PS. Cooper, I can't wait to see the white spoiler either... gotta get it painted soon. But supercharger talks are first, gotta get it all done in one package before STAP.

By the way, here are the pictures of mine:

--Russ

Good job men...RF from pics I determined the thought process that went into placing you in the job you were perfect for...you are endowed with the same gift I have-ballast...JK...
    ---------------------------------------
    2003 Marauder BLACK
    SS inserts
    Addco sway bars
    JLT CAI
    4.10's
    MO's custom tune
    275 rwhp/303 lbs. torque

Looks pretty good to me. Anyway, I would be very interested in a MM/CV meet in New England. My only problem is that I'm stuck working down heya ( that's here for all you non Swamp Yankees) in Alabama. The up side is I've been able to use my MM all wintah. I would probably head home faw a cah show if I ciuld pahticipate. Don't tell my boss, but I'm actually thinking of taking the summa off again this yeyah. See you soon.
    300A
    born 08-27-02
    Adjusted air in and air out.
    400+ timeslips.

When in doubt, GAS IT! This will either fix the problem, or end the suspense.

Originally posted by prchrman
    ...you are endowed with the same gift I have-ballast...JK...
    Congratulations, Willie, you're the first...I was wondering when the fat jokes would start...kinda thought it would be todd or LML first, though; or maybe WolfeBros or marty... they must all be asleep or passed out from overwork (i.e. lifting 12 oz. weights)...
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information