Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    ......but considering they have been building them since 1914 then I would have thought the first ninety years or so would have made quite the truck by 2003.
    But Dodge has always been the underdog when truck talk comes up, plus by far lowest amount sold.
    Chevy outsold Dodge 585k to 500k last year. Only 85k more. Dodge outsold GMC by almost 300k units. This when GM dwarfs FCA overall. Ford outsold the Toyota Tundra nearly 9 to 1, but I bet the Toyota is way, way more reliable. Overall sales don't tell the whole story, nor does how long a company has been in business. What was Fords excuse for building my POS Ranger in 96?
    You may want to rethink these statements Bob.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-october-2011/
    Last edited by tbone; 12-09-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone View Post
    Chevy outsold Dodge 585k to 500k last year. Only 85k more. Dodge outsold GMC by almost 300k units. This when GM dwarfs FCA overall. Ford outsold the Toyota Tundra nearly 9 to 1, but I bet the Toyota is way, way more reliable. Overall sales don't tell the whole story, nor does how long a company has been in business. What was Fords excuse for building my POS Ranger in 96?
    You may want to rethink these statements Bob.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-october-2011/

Nothing to rethink.

Now add Chevy and GMC together for numbers as it’s the same truck.

Ford 896,764
    Chevy/GMC 803,807
    Dodge 500,723

Sales tell plenty of the story. Don’t get upset about buying a truck that 22% of Americans who bought from the big 3 (not 4) also bought. Enjoy it, I hope she lasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

800k to 500k is no slam dunk for a company as large as GM compard to little FCA. And they have always separated the numbers of the 2 divisions. Hell, together they used to outsell Ford. Never advertised that fact though. Hmmm......

What's your excuse for Ford not being able to build a decent Ranger after 100 years since you held Dodge to that standard?

Not upset about buying the Ram. Quite proud of it actually. I got exactly what I wanted.

If overall quality was the absolute end all and be all of the sales equation then Toyota sales would be like 2 million units a year in this country and the Big 3 would be completely wiped out. Brand loyalty is where sales are at. Ask any Marketing 101 teacher.
    Last edited by tbone; 12-10-2018 at 08:03 AM.

If overall quality was the absolute end all and be all of the sales equation then Toyota sales would be like 2 million units a year in this country and the Big 3 would be completely wiped out. Brand loyalty is where sales are at. Ask any Marketing 101 teacher.
    True about brand loyalty...but
    You can't really equate Terdyotas popularity with their quality.....lemmings and sheeple buy them!
    Plus, every Terdyota dealership that I know of has a Service Department....and I'm sure that they are busy.

They've had oil sludged engine recalls, sticking accelerator pedals killing owners....
    Go to the Tundra forums and read about them complaining about their 5.7L Tundras drinking gas...13 - 15 mpg!

Wouldn't look twice at a Tundra or Titan.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

I wouldn't consider Toyota either but I bet they have fewer issues than Ford has, especially with their latest engines. I clearly implied quality and popularity are mutually exclusive for Toyota trucks.

Try a Brand New 96 Ranger getting 6 mpg that Ford could not fix. Vibrating drivetrain. Could not fix. Leaking rear window. Could not fix. Chime going off randomly for no reason. Could not fix. Idiot lights going on and off. Could not fix. Airbag light on constantly. Could not fix. And more issues I cannot remember.

I guess Ford should have learned how to build a truck after being in business since 1903.
    Last edited by tbone; 12-10-2018 at 01:26 PM.

I wouldn't consider Toyota either but I bet they have fewer issues than Ford has, especially with their latest engines. I clearly implied quality and popularity are mutually exclusive for Toyota trucks.

Try a Brand New 96 Ranger getting 6 mpg that Ford could not fix. Vibrating drivetrain. Could not fix. Leaking rear window. Could not fix. Chime going off randomly for no reason. Could not fix. Idiot lights going on and off. Could not fix. Airbag light on constantly. Could not fix. And more issues I cannot remember.

I guess Ford should have learned how to build a truck after being in business since 1903.
    You should've hung Ford on a 'lemon law' buy back with all of those problems!
    Must've been a lemon....as I cannot kill my 309,000 mile Ranger.
    And believe me....I try everyday that I drive it....lol
    I actually have people ask if I'm selling it when I stop for gas.
    It still looks pretty good and they don't make 'em in this size anymore!
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)

Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge

I should have done the lemon law. Not sure why I didn't. I went in a completely new direction and traded it in on a used Honda Accord of all things. Oh well.

My wife bought a new 2006 Exploder and it was ok for 50k miles. 12 miles per gallon was ridiculous though.

I don't hate Ford. I do hate GM though for the way we were treated on a 97 Trans Sport that was junk. Never bought another GM. Never will.

I don't especially like the bashing among brands. When people dis Chrysler I will defend them though because I've bought plenty of their products and they were all good cars and trucks.

You’re right, us other 78%’ers are doing it all wrong. Certainly not wasting my time discussing basic mathematics on sales like just how much 800>500.

Moving on!

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Good luck Jim!!!
    2004 MM (Black) #112 of 3213 (SOLD)

2022 Ford Ff-150 SuperCab Iconic Silver "Powerboost"
    3.35 L 4X4
    -AND-
    SLAYER1
    formerly owned by "Impala Slayer!! 2004 SB MM
    Kenne Belle 2.8 (Liquid Cooled), MMR "Boss 302" Block, L&M Engines rebuild Kooks Headers and cats, Accusump Pre-Oiler Dynamax VT mufflers, MBS 2 1/2" exhaust, 4.10's, 2800 stall, Argento 312 "Color" Powder coated wheels, Rears widened 1 1/2 "703
    702 RWHP/653 RWTQ @ 21 Lbs. Boost, M/M catch can, 3 pillar gauge (Boost, Fuel, air intake and coolant temp, custom console cover, S-55 treatment etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post
    You can't really equate Terdyotas popularity with their quality.....lemmings and sheeple buy them!
    Plus, every Terdyota dealership that I know of has a Service Department....and I'm sure that they are busy.

They've had oil sludged engine recalls, sticking accelerator pedals killing owners....
    Go to the Tundra forums and read about them complaining about their 5.7L Tundras drinking gas...13 - 15 mpg!

Hey Joe.......my neighbor has a 2017 Tundra and averages 11 MPG......go figger!!
    No Marauder

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh View Post

I have an '08 Titan and it's a love/hate relationship. Driveline kicks ass, motor is strong and reliable. I believe I could beat a stock MM in the 1/4 or it would be very close. It's the stupid things that Nissan did like steel hangers on a SS exhaust. They have horrible customer service etc. New ones look like Fords so might as well buy a Ford. For all the money Nissan spent developing the two generations they really spent no time listening to their customers. Very low sales are the result. I wouldn't buy another.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    I have an '08 Titan and it's a love/hate relationship. Driveline kicks ass, motor is strong and reliable. I believe I could beat a stock MM in the 1/4 or it would be very close. It's the stupid things that Nissan did like steel hangers on a SS exhaust. They have horrible customer service etc. New ones look like Fords so might as well buy a Ford. For all the money Nissan spent developing the two generations they really spent no time listening to their customers. Very low sales are the result. I wouldn't buy another.
    Hey....at least the Titan is one tough pick-up!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1M1mDSaGoA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX6iXVKs4XM

^^^ UFB! ^^^^
    Last edited by Joe Walsh; 12-12-2018 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Looking to replace my DD 1998 Ranger.

Looking at:

2018 F150 XL, 3.3l V6, automatic, vinyl seats, rubber mat instead of carpet, some of the bells and whistles, 3K miles for about $30K.

2013 F150 XLT, 3.5l twin turbo V6, automatic, cloth seats, carpet, alot of the bells and whistles, 22K miles, for about $22k.

Will be test driving both in the next day or two.

Don't plan on any towing / off roading, will be a DD, less than 300 miles a week.

Opinions on which one to buy?
    Quote Originally Posted by fastblackmerc View Post
    Got the F-150 last Friday.

2015, F-150 XLT, 3.5 twin turbo Ecoboost, 6 speed auto, 3.55 electronic lock rear, 6800# towing package, super crew cab, white with lower two-tone paint, grey cloth interior (40/20/40), 32.956 miles (now has 33,160 miles), rear view camera, reverse sensing, power rear sliding windows, rear window defrost, power seats (both front), remote start, 110V/400W outlet, LED bed lighting, blind spot info system, vice activated navigation, max trailer tow package, 18" PVD chrome wheels, chrome step bars, more hold downs in the bed than I could ever use and drop in bed liner.

Original list was $47,295.00 less a $2K discount XLT chrome appearance package.
    One owner, all service records, all recall's have been done.

Thanks to all for your input and to Fastbob for the OASIS reports!

Congrats--As you know I have the '12 F-150 Kingranch-same engine--
    you will love your newer truck--now you will see why I do mine---so glad for you --you will find out the truck will do more that what you planned for and glad you have it ---very nice choice--show a pic or 2 --have fun
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

You’re right, us other 78%’ers are doing it all wrong. Certainly not wasting my time discussing basic mathematics on sales like just how much 800>500.

Moving on!

Ok, let me try to explain it this way. In terms of the size of the company compared to how many trucks they sell and the proportional dollars they add to their revenue, the sales numbers are right in line. So if you want bring up basic mathematics, use the following article and the graph it contains as a guide and it will show how the statistical data makes sense.
    You should also look at how many dealerships there are in this country. More dealerships = more sales. ie. McDonalds on every corner. That's no accident.

https://camera-source.com/blog/ford-...sler-versus-gm
    Last edited by tbone; 12-12-2018 at 10:06 AM.

Moving on!

Ok, let me try to explain it this way. In terms of the size of the company compared to how many trucks they sell and the proportional dollars they add to their revenue, the sales numbers are right in line. So if you want bring up basic mathematics, use the following article and the graph it contains as a guide and it will show how the statistical data makes sense.
    You should also look at how many dealerships there are in this country. More dealerships = more sales. ie. McDonalds on every corner.

https://camera-source.com/blog/ford-...sler-versus-gm
    How much longer will this go on? The horse is sufficiently beaten..... You bought a Ranger that was junk and now your a Dodge fan-boy.....

Congratulate the man on his purchase and move on...
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information