Thread: Thoughts on This

Thoughts on This

<a href ="http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311561">OIL THREAD</a>

While not technically talking about oil itself. The thread does mention oil and we all know how oil threads go around here. .

Anyhow, while I wouldn't do it every oil change. On my truck I would consider it being that my truck has 170K on the original motor. My feeling is no matter how often you change you oil you're gonna get some sludge build up. I gotta to work right now. So fight nice.
    '04 MARAUDER
    Born on 4/20/04 -- Foster Care on 5/11/04 -- Adopted on 01/27/05
    Heated Seats 6 Disc CD Changer Moonroof
    JLT CAI--Silverstars Heads/Fogs--SCT-9100
    SB IX - SB X - SB XIII - SB XIV - SB XL - SB XLIII
    Trilogy S/C In Due Time

IMHO... if I owned the truck since new and changed the oil religously then there is no need to use a flush. Ever. Like one of the posts said "flush is mostly kerosene... do you want to run your motor on kerosene?"

Good quality oil + good quality oil filters + changes every 3k - 5k = no sludge.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Sludge is caused by a motor that does not get hot enough to burn off condensation and moisture. Sludge can be prevented by oil changes and running at operating temperature long enough to keep things flowing. Ask my old 1995 Taurus, 282,000 miles- original everything except alternator, A/C compressor and tranny. The car was run hard and hot but was always getting preventative maintenance.
    '04 Silver Marauder w/ sunroof - HID lighting, JL Audio / Eclipse DVD/NAV/iPod/camera, 4.10's, 2" drop, Progard Bumper Baffle, Delete tips, Billet Pedals, BC4E dead pedal, Lidio Tune, Mach1 chin spoiler, K&N CAI, TCE lines, Super40's, tinted tails, SS Inserts, Heinous Control Arms, Real oil gauge, lighted door handles. Currently installing Eaton M112.

2004 Mercury Marauder
    Born March 2004, adopted October 2005. Sold January 2012, adopted AGAIN January 2016
    2,187 of 3,214
    997 in Silver Birch
    448 with light flint interior
    304 with heated seats
    336 with sunroof

mtnh Guest
    I had the pleasure of doing an engine rebuild on my 1989 Peugeot 405 Mi16 with 165K Miles on the engine, and was totally surprised to find nothing in the oil pan except a film of honey-colored oil. There was nothing else inside the engine, anywhere! It was never flushed, just oil changed at the right intervals. To top that off, I had the cylinder sleeves bore-checked, all in specs, and the head was completely disassembled, and not one of the 16 valves, valve seats, or valve guides were in need of any service, according to my machine shop. It also got standard sized main and rod bearings during the rebuild, and ran quietly (for an Mi16) for another 105K, before being totalled in the rear end by a Kia Sportage. Regular oil changes with quality oil is what did it for that engine.

Mike

Wow, you guys will love this one, we had an '87 GMC Jimmy S15 with a 2.8l pushrod V6...it was a rebuilt motor and after 75k or so something gummed up an oil passage.

The fix was replaceing the oil with kerosine and marvel mystery oil and running the car for about 10mins over 2 seperate runs.

Did the trick and the truck ran until we got rid of it...

Not sure I'd do that in a fancy motor though!
    Trilogy #112 (self installed)

- Trilogy S/C (Stock pulley/tune) - 4.10's - JLT - SS Inserts - 4" Megs -

12.99@106.2mph (for now)

Thread Information