Thread: Click here if you want to take part in a "What if?" scenario...

Click here if you want to take part in a "What if?" scenario...

Imagine (some of you may not have to) you own a 2003 MM; a car that you bought 8 years ago with 57k on the clock and bone stock. Now it has 175k and you've added headers, partial exhaust upgrade, 4.10, tune, and CAI; this has been the setup of your MM for the past 5 years, nothing new done to it since 2014. For the most part, you've been content with your MM, but have always kinda/sorta wished you could have been able to do more.

One day while gassing up at the local convenience store, you decide to buy a scratch off and BAM!...you win $10K (ignore taxes, etc, for this scenario). Yes, I know the money can be used for a lot of other reasons, but in this 'what if' scenario let's say there isn't a need to use the money elsewhere, so using it on your MM is where this money will go. Now the opportunity to 'do more' has arrived...would you:

-Have an Eaton swap done on your MM
    -Slap a Whipple on it; if so, which one?
    -Have a brand new, higher-power motor installed; which one?
    -Use the $$$ to buy a SC'ed MM someone is selling
    -Other means of SC'ing your MM

In case you're wondering, no, I did not recently win a large sum of money playing lottery/scratch offs. I've pondered on such a scenario (coming into a sizable sum of money) from time to time and finally decided to post up about it just to see what other folks would do in such a situation.
    Last edited by SilverPhoenix; 05-27-2019 at 10:38 AM.

Gonna want more than. $10k to really s/c a marauder. Build a motor and s/c it.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

I'd sell existing car, combine with funds won, and buy $20,000 low mile car with most of the mods done!

PS Remember, you asked!

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Eaton Swap and have fun with it!
    2004 Black Marauder: #2237 Born on 4/1/2004

Eaton Swapped and a bunch of other goodies!

I am no help here because I can’t decide what route to go on my own Marauder. $10k should get you a crate Coyote and control pack. Then you can add boost when you win the next lottery? Lol

Thumbs up Hit the Big Time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPhoenix View Post

-Have an Eaton swap done on your MM
    -Slap a Whipple on it; if so, which one?
    -Have a brand new, higher-power motor installed; which one?
    -Use the $$$ to buy a SC'ed MM someone is selling
    -Other means of SC'ing your MM

In case you're wondering, no, I did not recently win a large sum of money playing lottery/scratch offs.

I won $500 on a scratch off yesterday so my 'little money' won't count LOL! If your car is completely up to date on maintenance and no cosmetic issues, I would leave it alone mechanically. Moonroofs are nice - had an aftermarket unit installed shortly after buying the car - looks 'factory' and lifetime parts warranty to the original purchaser. Not mine depicted.

Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

If you have enough just Eaton swap. Keep the stock motor. Just get it tuned conservatively. Martyo can hook you up. a Whipple would require a built engine built transmission and so forth that gets expensive really fast. And to be honest I sampled Eaton swap Marauder is plenty on the streets for a daily driver.

That brings other questions. is Jerry even making Eaton swap brackets and crossover tubes for supercharged applications anymore.

Sell it, combine the $10,000 and lay down payment on a new Supercrew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Sell it, combine the $10,000 and lay down payment on a new Supercrew.
    What engine option?
    2004 Black Marauder: #2237 Born on 4/1/2004

Eaton Swapped and a bunch of other goodies!

Quote Originally Posted by loud2004marquis View Post
    What engine option?

I’m more of a truck should have an 8 kind of guy..

I’d be willing to test out an eco but the sound alone would probably kill it for me.

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

This is my two cents. if you really love your Marauder and you want to give it a new feel supercharged it called a day. if you're tired of the marauder and want a new feel to drive sale marauder. Then buy something else. but to me that would be a shame. A rare car that not everybody has I still find a thrill driving mine. can't speak for everybody else, but I do get times change and not everything lasts forever. I just enjoyed not having car payments. owning what I have and adding to the Driving Experience by performance or adding cosmetically! But I do also know the other side of the coin like Sheryl Crow said. a change can do you good. And I agree with just Bob. a pickup to me must have a V8 just isn't a truck if it doesn't have that V8.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Yes Bob, I know you'd rather have a truck...lol.

Invective: My MM is pretty much up to date on maintenance. There are a few minor cosmetic issues (mainly scuffs/dings on bumpers) and a few things that need fixing (nothing that impacts how the car runs). Need to replace the part that controls the ETAC fan speed (can't think of the name right now) as I only have 2 speeds available...off and full blast. I do have a moon roof, but it doesn't work...I think the little wire harness that powers it has come loose again. These I plan on addressing after I move to the Charlotte area next month...we'll need to meet up sometime. If you see a (dirty) silver MM running around, that's me.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SilverPhoenix View Post
    These I plan on addressing after I move to the Charlotte area next month...we'll need to meet up sometime. If you see a (dirty) silver MM running around, that's me.

Yeah, I would get all of the nickel and dime stuff brought up to date before I did anything else. We have another member here who hasn't posted recently(?) who lives in Ft. Mill. Another member who moved to Beaufort, SC who previously lived in a neighborhood very close to me. You never know...
    Current Garage:

2005 Mustang GT Premium
    2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crewcab 4WD
    2015 Triumph Trophy SE

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
    Love like you'll never be hurt,
    Sing like there's nobody listening,
    And live like it's heaven on earth.”
    William W. Purkey

I have always been a truck should have a V8 kinda guy as well. Got a job out of college and decided it was time to buy myself a nice new 2018 f150. Test drove the 5.0, sounded awesome, little jump to it, fun truck.

NOW, my buddy at the dealer convinced me to drive the 2.7 Ecoboost and the 3.5 and eyes lit up. Sure it doesnt sound like a monster V8 and roar down the road, but I ended up getting the 2.7 ecoboost sport special edition. The lack of v8 noise is easily forgotten when you tune the ecoboost and hear those turbos spool up. Ive pulled up to a few stick chargers, mustangs, other pickups and absolutely smoke them in the 2.7. With a tune, its a monster.

End rant, just had to share, oh and to the "what if" eaton swap my current car use the remaining money on extra sets of rear tires

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    I’m more of a truck should have an 8 kind of guy..

I’d be willing to test out an eco but the sound alone would probably kill it for me.

Western Michigan University Alumni

1970 Ford Torino Cobra
    1970 Ford Torino GT
    2003 Silver Birch Marauder
    2022 F-150 Black Appearance Package

Thread Information