Thread: Electrical issues......

Electrical issues......

Hello Folks, I'm new to the Marauder and I'm baffled(not to hard to do). I have a '04 that developed a rod knock @ 146k within 400 miles of me buying it from the original owner. So I replaced the short block with one out of a crunched 46k '04 Cobra. The Cobra short block didn't have the mounts for the knock sensors. So they don't have a home now. Also in the process of putting the motor/tranny in I created a short in the trans harness. It ran but it ran in I'm guessing limp mode. While I was figuring that out I pulled the motor harness and peeled it open to look for crushed or chaffed wires. I also checked continuity on all the wires associated with the codes I was getting. They all checked good. I replaced the transmission wiring harness and my codes went away so far. I also sent the computer out to get checked and it is also good. Now the car is throwing a P0193 fuel pressure high input, and will not start. I smell raw fuel out of the exhaust when it cranks and it will try to hit on starting fluid(lazy check to see if there is spark). So in short, P0193 and the knock sensors are disconnected. Any idea on what I'm doing wrong? This car has humbled me.

I did electrical work on equipment for 20 years...

Checking continuity on wires only can prove you have 1 strand of the 18 strands that is good. Once you load that 18 strand wire with power, the voltage literally vanishes because there's not enough copper to carry the load

So since you checked it, it's not guaranteed good

Knock sensors.... forget about them, seriously... your fine

If you swapped from a 03-04 trans, this will do exactly what you described with the trans. Sounds like replacing the HNs fixed it

Sounds like it's flooded, try turning the key on, mash the gas pedal to the floor
    ( this shuts off the injectors) crank the car over until it almost starts and let off the pedal and key
    Try to restart
    It may take a few cranks to clear the fuel from the plugs
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Thanks for the reply, I'll try pinned start today.

If it's truly flooded I'd check the computer with a scanner and see what temp it is seeing. If it's got a bad temp sensor and it's reading cold it will dump fuel.
    #2941 300A
    4.10's, carbon clutches
    Marty O Tune
    Curless Cure
    Widened Wheels
    Dead Pedal
    Eaton Swapped

Bar tender and maker of:
    Christmas in a cup
    The "Bucket of South Haven Iced Tea"
    One Legged Lesbian Kickboxer
    Cocka Two

I had an IAT fail within the MAF. It did indeed dump fuel

A friend of mine has a trick for checking continuity that seems like a decent idea . He uses a Headlight bulb For a Test light and Like turbo Bryan said if all the strands are not Good the light will light But Dim. Then you know it can't carry a load. I haven't tried it Myself but he swears it works. just some food for thought on the wiring.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

They sell self powered wire tracers at HomeDepot that work very well for finding the break in wiring.

It's saved me from having to unravel loom after looms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

That right there is the tits! Buying one in the AM.

Simple but very effective. I like the spade adaptor as it fits perfectly into a slot for a fuse or just use the alligator clips and back feed. Just be careful back feeding into a 5v ECM source as I don't recall what batteries it uses.

For only like $40 it more than paid for itself in the first use. It's in the telecommunication tools aisle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

Thread Information