Thread: Invite to meet with NC Car Guys car group

Invite to meet with NC Car Guys car group

I am one of the founders of a two year old car group called "NC Car Guys". We started out as a bunch of Oldsmobile Club members but broke loose to meet with people who are car people but not Oldsmobile owners. We had too many car friends who were not invited to events we planned just because they drove something else. We also did not like having a bunch of meetings to discuss club rules and who is in charge this month so we just made it a "group". We do road trips to fun destinations and meet at local car cruise in's or at peoples houses.
    I really like the Marauder and am keeping my eye out for a nice one.
    I am in Davie County and we have members in Charlotte, Concord, Asheboro, Greensboro and the Traid area. We are looking to expand the membership next year so we could meet more people, do more events and maybe even get a spot at the Charlotte AutoFair.
    We would love to see your Marauders and any other fun car you drive. Our only rule is that you can't be considered a jerk by the majority of the population! LOL We are a family frendly group and have a good time when we meet up.
    If you are interested, please send me an email and let me know who you are.
    Thanks,
    Bob K
    summitrt@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
    I am one of the founders of a two year old car group called "NC Car Guys". We started out as a bunch of Oldsmobile Club members but broke loose to meet with people who are car people but not Oldsmobile owners. We had too many car friends who were not invited to events we planned just because they drove something else. We also did not like having a bunch of meetings to discuss club rules and who is in charge this month so we just made it a "group". We do road trips to fun destinations and meet at local car cruise in's or at peoples houses.
    I am in Davie County and we have members in Charlotte, Concord, Asheboro, Greensboro and the Traid area. We are looking to expand the membership next year so we could meet more people, do more events and maybe even get a spot at the Charlotte AutoFair.
    We would love to see your Marauders and any other fun car you drive. Our only rule is that you can't be considered a jerk by the majority of the population! LOL We are a family frendly group and have a good time when we meet up.
    Thanks,
    Bob K
    summitrt@aol.com
    Bob, I'm located in the Traiangle area. I try to get to as many car shows and cruise-in's as I can. We have Marauders scattered all over NC & SC. There are 3 or 4 in Charlotte, at least 1 in the mountains, 2 or 3 in SC, 1 at the coast, one in Fayetteville, and 3 or 4 in the Triangle. I think it would be fun to meet up. What about it Carolina Marauders?????
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Count me in! By the way, I'm not a jerk, just ask me LOL
    2003 300A BLACK!
    trunk orginizer
    full size spare
    Posi rear
    MODS so far......
    PIONEER 6X8's in the doors
    BLAUPUNKT 6X9,s in the rear Deck
    Smoked cover over Personal plate
    Planed MODS......
    KENWOOD KDC-X559 CD player
    Small AMP
    Small sub box

I will put a post on here with our events. If you have anyplace special that you would like to go, let us know. We have gone on a few road trips, one of the most fun was to Sarautown Mt and ate lunch at my friends house that overlooks the valley. On that trip we found the mother of hidden and great junk yards too. We also had a great time at the Transportation Museum in Spencer, they rolled out the carpet for us.

Bob

The reason for the no jerks rule is that the bulk of us left the local chapter of the Oldsmobile Club of America after one of the members ruined every event. We jumped ship and have had a better time since. We do have a lot more interesting cars showing up besides Oldsmobiles now also. You guys seem like a nice group and we look forward to getting together.

Quote Originally Posted by jarchie View Post
    Count me in! By the way, I'm not a jerk, just ask me LOL
    ^^^ What he said! ^^^

I don't think I'm a jerk either, but you probably want to check out some references to confirm that.

I'd like to get together with a bunch of car guys, but as I'm in Greenville, SC timing and location is a factor. All the same, keep me posted.

SCCH

2003 300B DBP
    Build date: 6/19/03
    Number 7,792 of 7,838 - 326 of 328
    Proud member of the MM "BLUES" Bros.
    Purchased: 11/10/05
    Eaton swap by ImpalaSlayer 11-09-10

Semper et in Aeternum, Mercurius.

In Memory:
    2004 DTR
    Build Date 01/27/04
    Purchased 04/04/04
    Wrecked 10/19/05, R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
    Thanks,
    Bob K
    summitrt@aol.com
    Hey Bob K--Welcome to the Marauder Site--especially the Carolina Marauders-----Sorry for not speaking up earlier--the holidays and stuff---check out our lastest thread about our meet this month--see if it will interest any of your fellow members---hope to meet you and your friends sometime----Tom
    03' MM Black 300 A - (FOR SALE--)
    Build Date 6/25/02 - #1,987 of 7,839 for '03
    Vortech T- TRIM -Water to Air -
    12.45 at 109.6 MPH
    1.92 Sec .- 60 '
    Alt .SSHS 9 --11/7/09

'06 CV P71 Street Pkg
    Interior Marauder Floor Shift
    All New Parts

'12 F-150 KingRanch Off Rd Pkg.
    373 Gear EcoBoost- Does What's Asked

In Memoriam....11-14-13
    He loved this site so MUCH! and the Members More!!

Rex Weinbender (SC Cheesehead)

One of the best friend a person could have

Thread Information