Thread: MM w/30 day tag found today at Italian restaurant here in Parsippany, NJ

Cool MM w/30 day tag found today at Italian restaurant here in Parsippany, NJ

I am on a business trip in Parsippany, NJ this week. My boss and I went to an Italian restaurant tonight and when we came out, there was a new black MM in the lot. It had a normal tag on it, but still had the 30 day plate in the rear window.

I hung around for a few minutes and then went back in to see if I might find the owner, but had no luck. I would have waited until they came out, since I don't have much of anything else to do while here, but I didn't want to put my boss under the stress of watching me stalking another MM owner.

I left a note for the car owner under his wiper with the website info on it and my contact info. Hopefully they will take me up on the offer to join us here.

Car was a 300B. Don't know if it was an '03 or '04 though. Haven't figured out a quick way for us to tell the difference externally yet. It had 5500 miles on it already. If it was "used", it was in very good shape.

Oh well....If the owner show up here, send me a "hello"!

Butch

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    5500 miles is probably a little high for a '04 at this point.

I guess one of the quickest ways to tell an '04 is if you can see what kind of overhead console it has, and of course the VIN plate which should have M79 in it instead of M75
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

I agree it would be high for an '04, but you never know. Maybe they drive around as much as TAF does!

I forgot about the console. I might have wanted to steal it if I would have found it to be the short one! I can't see paying as much for it as Mercury wants for a new one!

I didn't want to hang all over their car to look at the VIN. Figured they could tell us about their car if they join the site.

(Looks like I posted my message twice. Piece of crap dial-up connection here at the hotel!!!!)

Later.

What restaurant? I'm always looking for good Italian places in North Jersey.

hey i live in parsippany. wasnt mine though, its had a real plate for a few months now.

good to know there are others around.
    any one remeber the problems i was having with that one dealer? i saw it in a car show parking lot. i could tell from thier advertisement sticker on the back...i'm glad i didnt buy that one.

Well let hope who ever owns it got the message and joins in the fun at MM.net
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

I'm back home now. Flew back into Greensboro tonight. Great day to fly, 9/11 and all. Newark was pretty well locked down. Sucked with Newark having one runway closed for repairs though.

I'll have to ask my boss the name of the place again. It wasn't a chain. Older building, two stories, almost looked like an old house.

I was staying at the Embassy Suites in Parsippany. The restaurant was about 4-5 miles from there on *I think* 24E, in the "Mountainview" area or "Mountain something" area. I don't know, I just visit that area a couple times a year.

The food was VERY good. Maybe Fat Bastid knows where I am talking about. If he names it, I'll probably remember.

Anyway, hopefully the person will join us sometime soon. I didn't have any of the MM.net cards with me, so I had to scribble a note on some paper.

Hey Fat Bastid - Next time I'm up, we will have to get together. This trip was thrown on me, so I had no notice to ask any of you to join me for a few drinks. The office I go to is in the office complex down the street behind the TGIF.

Oh yeah - Fat Bastid! I forgot to mention that I *HATE* jughandles! To hard to find one when you need it!

Also, the gas stations get VERY MAD when you try to pump your own gas! I told him I didn't have time to wait for him to finish his 30 minute conversation with his "buddy".

Just wanted to throw that bit of info in!

Thread Information