Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accufab Twin 60MM Throttle Body

Because everybody seems to have an opinion about this throttle body that I've offered for sale....
    I thought that I would post this, from the SVT Performance website's discussion on the AccuFab twin 60mm throttle body being used on the Mach 1 Mustang.
    (the same throttle body and the same engine as a Marauder)

George Klass's (from AccuFab) comments:

Let's talk about the 99-01 Cobra TB (also fit's the Mach 1). As many of you probably know, most of our TB's are single blade units. Unfortunately, a single blade unit won't work on the 99-01 Cobra because (as was pointed out above) the IAC port is in the way, and the center "bridge" would have needed to be removed, the car would have idled at about 4000 RPM, not a good idea. Removing the bridge on the 96-98 Cobra intake is not a problem as the IAC port is not disrupted.

Anyway, we learned alot while developing this dual-blade unit (took almost a year and 8 different versions, all tested on our flow bench).
    We found out that "the size of the hole", usually measured in MM) is not as important as the area IN FRONT of the blades.
    As someone above mentioned, it's not the size of the blades on the OEM TB that is the problem.
    The problem in airflow is the air seperation that takes place on the OEM unit, in front of the blades.
    This is what restricts the CFM, not the size of the blades
    I'm not going to bore you with these details, especially not on a Monday, so you will just need to trust me a little in this area.
    I can just say that we flow test EVERBODY's throttle bodies, not just ours. We also dyno test them all, on Westech's engine or chassis dyno.
    If we can't show more HP than stock, we won't offer it (which is why we do not sell TB's for the 94-95 Mustangs).
    The new TB for the 99-01 Cobra has just been dyno tested, back to back with the OEM unit, and is worth about 9-10 more HP on a dead stock engine.
    Slightly more if you have increased initial airflow with a cold air kit, better filter, etc.
    This test will be in an upcoming MM&FF magazine since it was done by Richard Holdner.
    As most of you know, Accufab is down the street from Westech and we are on the dyno 3 to 4 days a week testing some damn thing or other.
    If you have questions you can email me anytime at accufab1@aol.com or call me at Accufab, (909) 930-1751. Cheers.

There is alot more to building a throttle body than just making the blades (and hole) larger.
    Airflow is everything. Bigger holes are nothing.
    We were just lucky before with our Mustang 5.0 TB's. With those units, bigger holes meant increased airflow. We go up to 105MM TB's for the 5.0.
    The 105MM TB flows 1550 CFM.
    Just to keep everything relative, the 03-04 Accufab TB's (same for the Lightnings and the "big" units for the 96-98) flow 1696 CFM.
    The 99-01 Accufab TB's will flow about 1284 CFM. OEM is about 1089 CFM.
    Like I said, the dual blade units for the 99-01 will not make a big increase but you will feel it in the seat of the pants.
    Last edited by Joe Walsh; 11-22-2017 at 09:09 PM.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    single blade wont work with trilogy plenum, has bridge or web in middle so blade would hit it.
    yes you're correct it wouldn't work with a trilogy but it will work on an Eaton swap with the plenum elbow whatever you call it. And another question I'm curious about is how much horsepower would that add on an Eaton swap single blade with an elbow that's been ported from accufab?

Some of you really need to search the last 15 years of threads and do some research instead of starting yet another one..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

IMHO... the throttle response alone is worth it.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by Themarauderguy View Post
    yes you're correct it wouldn't work with a trilogy but it will work on an Eaton swap with the plenum elbow whatever you call it. And another question I'm curious about is how much horsepower would that add on an Eaton swap single blade with an elbow that's been ported from accufab?
    Not to derail the thread, but I'm using a single blade Accufab on my Trilogy with no problems. Bolted right on.

Good luck with sale, op. Nice price!
    -Mike

"A common mistake people make when designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Unknown

'03 Black Canadian 300A -Born 11/14/02, Adopted 04/05/05
    #6018 of 11,052

Trilogy #196 - Self-installed
    Stuff done to it. See here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully008 View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but I'm using a single blade Accufab on my Trilogy with no problems. Bolted right on.

Good luck with sale, op. Nice price!
    Interesting, I thought the web in plenum was in the way. which model single blade do you have?
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

There is no web.

Back to sale!

I guess the publicity is at least keeping the thread to the top Joe!

Great price at 25% off!!

SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

my error then, i swear i saw in the past that there was a Web. do i hear 30%?
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Well I guess my error to looks like we both learned something... lol��

Quote Originally Posted by RubberCtyRauder View Post
    Interesting, I thought the web in plenum was in the way. which model single blade do you have?
    The one for the '03-04' Cobra. Bump for a good deal!
    -Mike

"A common mistake people make when designing something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Unknown

'03 Black Canadian 300A -Born 11/14/02, Adopted 04/05/05
    #6018 of 11,052

Trilogy #196 - Self-installed
    Stuff done to it. See here.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob View Post
    There is no web.

Back to sale!

I guess the publicity is at least keeping the thread to the top Joe!

Great price at 25% off!!
    LOL....True Dat!
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)

Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge

PM sent, thanks Joe!

2003 black pre-decontented 300B #5886 of 7838; Born on 10/31/02
    MartyO tune, 4:10's, T/A stud & girdle, MMX shaft+DS loop, Metco control arms, Quickor RSB, Addco FSB, Megs delete tips, Granatelli solid coil connectors, NGK plugs & LP 170 stat, DR rear engine cooling mod, PI 3000 TC, Level II tranny, Art Carr deep pan, Steeda pullies/billet caps, billet door locks, Ford Racing oil cap / polished coil covers, PHP CAK & Metco carbon fiber intake, DG Motorsports CF radiator cover, Fumoto oil drain valve, oil deflector, real Autometer gauges, ScanGauge II, Weatherflectors, underbody lighting kit, Zack chrome grill, OEM spoiler & door edge guards, KB dead pedal, Dynopro aluminum sills & pedals, Viper alarm w/ remote start, MM fender badges, red painted calipers, SS inserts, Silverstar Ultras, hood bumpers, 35% tints, Gorilla lug nuts, MM valve caps, Pro-Guard, DD trunk lid liner, CM UHI kit, CM Godshead rear & steering wheel badges, S-55 badge, FilterMag, MM trunk bib, ported sub-woofer.

Sale pending....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information