Thread: mm oil and volt gauge pod

mm oil and volt gauge pod

Im a new member,i have a real quick question i bought a 03 mm gauge pod to put into my 00 gm gs,the trim ring on the volt gauge is melted,can i buy replacment trim rings and can i buy a harness because the one i bought did not have one,any help would be greatly appreciated thanks again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwhood View Post
    Im a new member,i have a real quick question i bought a 03 mm gauge pod to put into my 00 gm gs,the trim ring on the volt gauge is melted,can i buy replacment trim rings and can i buy a harness because the one i bought did not have one,any help would be greatly appreciated thanks again!!!
    No and no.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

The chrome trim ring around the perimeter of the gauge melted?! You'll need to buy a new gauge...AutoMeter sells them online.

You know the oil pressure gauge that came from the factory is a fake, right? You're better off throwing away the gauges that came with the pod and buying both new from AutoMeter.

You'll have to fabricate your own wiring either way.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

Yes i knew they where dummie gauges,just wanted to keep a factory look and I
    What gauges do u recommend and i bet a factory harness is out the question,huh,i think it was in an accident thats why it is a little melted,how much can i sell these factory gauges for ?? And thanks for the answer,i found black trim rings 2 1/6 in 3 pack for $9.50 ,might just get them and paint them the orignal color!!!!!(p.s) so ur saying the trim ring is not seperate frm the gauge,i dont have it un front off me !!!!(p.s)didnt know trim ring was part of gauge its self thanks again
    Last edited by jwhood; 09-09-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwhood View Post
    Yes i knew they where dummie gauges,just wanted to keep a factory look and I
    What gauges do u recommend and i bet a factory harness is out the question,huh,i think it was in an accident thats why it is a little melted,how much can i sell these factory gauges for ?? And thanks for the answer,i found black trim rings 2 1/6 in 3 pack for $9.50 ,might just get them and paint them the orignal color!!!!!(p.s) so ur saying the trim ring is not seperate frm the gauge,i dont have it un front off me !!!!(p.s)didnt know trim ring was part of gauge its self thanks again
    Get these gauges... Autometer (2 1/16), Oil Pressure – 4327,
    Voltmeter – 4391. These are the ones we all use to replace that OEM gauges.

Factory gauges are just about worthless.

The trim rings you found are for the gauges to go through..... not to mount on the front of the gauge.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

K thanks blacmerc,appreciate the info on the gauges,really helpful info!!!

So are you asking about the raised areas on the pod that the gauges mount into, or the trim rings on the gauges themselves?

As already answered, the factory gauges are worthless.
    The Blackbird
    Trilogy #61
    Driveway Queen

The Spruce Goose
    2004 Grand Marquis LS Limited Edition
    Daily Driver

The trim ring can be replaced. I may have a spare, I will look. You are better off buying the Autometer real gauge, removing the ring and the needle and replacing the original Marauder meter face backplate. I do them all of the time. It makes the real gauge match perfectly to the original and it work properly. I then take the original harness and mate it to the new gauge and it's plug and play. You just have to install the new sending unit down by the oil filter.

Getting the trim ring off is tricky, it is layed on and then crimped. You have to take a tiny flat screwdriver and work it loose. Then pop it off like a soda cap. Turn and pull. Some patience and it comes right apart.

4 miles from insanity and 2ft from broke!
    I recently added "real" oil, and volt gauges, save your self some time and get the real deal part#s fastblk merc provided!
    04 MERCURY MARAUDER build date:02/11/04
    ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!!!!!!

**WHIPPLE 4.0L CRUSHER!**0000 (FOR NOW) RWHP

VISIT MY GARAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF MODS

Thread Information