Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autumn in New Hampshire

Autumn in New Hampshire

How many, if any would be interested in cruising the www.kancamagushighway.com/ on Saturday, Oct 8th?

It will be peak season for foliage and perfect for Marauder pics! Been wanting to check the highway out for several years but haven't yet. Possibly get a list of places to check out along the way and even make it an over-niter?

Anyone interested?
    2004 DTR
    Born 9/25/2003 Adopted Aug 11, 2010
    #175 of 980 DTR, #537 of 3,214 2004

Lidio Tune, K&N CAI, 4.10s, FlowMaster40s, SS Braided brake lines, SS Bumper Inserts, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Lip Spoiler, Grill & Trunk Badges by Daniel, Audiophile 6L8T18C815FD.

It's a beautiful drive and fun if you don't get caught behind a camper. DWStang67 and Ms.D and I did it a few years back. We didn't see much as we had open road most of the way.

Unfortunately we won't be able to make it. Even if you get no takers it's worth the trip. Lots of good roads up in Northern NH to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
    Even if you get no takers it's worth the trip. Lots of good roads up in Northern NH to explore.
    Oh yeah, I plan to make it a weekend either way, unless it's crappy weather.
    2004 DTR

Lidio Tune, K&N CAI, 4.10s, FlowMaster40s, SS Braided brake lines, SS Bumper Inserts, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler, Lip Spoiler, Grill & Trunk Badges by Daniel, Audiophile 6L8T18C815FD.

Depending on the touristas North Conway area has lots to do, MT. Washington auto road, Conway scenic train ride, shopping at the outlets, etc. As I recall Rt 16 up to Errol is very scenic and not to touristy. Cross over at Dixville Notch and come back down the VT/NH side and there are a few covered bridges. It should be easy to entertain yourselves. Stay at the Mt. Washington old time resort. You only live once. I'd recommend the Balsams in Dixville but it's closed for renovations. Might need a slacks and jacket for dinners.

Loved the general store in north conway, scenic train ride(take the observation cars)Mt Washington auto road is incredible. Was up there back in 2009. Would love to go again but can't do this right now.
    2004 Silver Birch
    Build Date 3/19/04
    Adopted on 10/19/07
    Seq#2102 of 3214
    #681 of 997 SBs
    #154 of 336 SBs with the moonroof
    Thanks Brian
    Member of The 100K Club 11/20/11
    Options-
    moonroof-heated seats-6-disc changer-trunk organizer-rear spoiler-mercury all weather mats
    Mods-Extras-Bling-
    Action Automotive-SS Inserts
    Auto Meter 4327 Oil Pressure Gauge
    Badgeless Grille(Thanks 03 Merc)
    Big Mike's Performance-"Sto n Sho" License Plate Holder
    Dead Pedal(Thanks lji372)
    Curless's Pedal Gear Repair
    Cruzer's-Arm Rest
    EATC Ungrade(Thanks JACook)
    Escape/Audiophile Radio Upgrade(Thanks shodude)
    Ford Racing M-7195-AOD Aluminum Trans Pan
    Innovative Interceptors-God's Head Valve Stem Covers
    J-Mod Valve Body
    K&N Performance Intake Kit{CAI}
    LCM Upgrade(Thanks Fastblackmerc)
    Marty-O Fender Badges, Tune & 4:10s
    Panther Lights HID Headlights
    Pro-gard Skid Plate
    Rear Cooling Head Mod
    Visteon Sirius Satellite Radio Setup(Thanks RoyLita)
    Weather Tech-Side Window Deflectors

I am committed for Oct 8th. Columbia University has an open house at our Geology research station and I have to man the volcano lab.

If anyone would like to attend, it is 100 yards past the NY/NJ border on 9W north. Free admission. The tree ring lab, ocean core lab, volcano labs, and the earth-quake labs will all be open with tours of the forest. The labs are housed at Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory in Palisades NY, at the top of the Palisades cliffs.

Would love to do this Pete, but as the Man said we can't get up there in October this year. (Plan to be up there for Thanksgiving though)
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Cathedral Ledge, Echo Lake, Diana's Bath all in North Conway. But I hear the water level is very low, so lakes, streams etc may not be as pretty.

Kancamangus is a nice ride, but not even close to the Mt Washington Auto Road.

I did the Auto Road once in my 03 retrobird with the top down. Wow! SST trans got a good work out up and down. Took the road three additional times, twice in late 89 Towncars and once in a 68 Cycone GT fastback, 4 sp.

Look for Bear Notch Road. Has some really beautiful views.
    It does close for the winter although I took my '88 Bronco across in January one year - someone left the gate open in Bartlett. Used to live in Bethlehem from '87 to '94.
    SOLD '03 300A Black - "805" of 7838
    Plate - "EVILMERC"

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

Gillom Rogers: [Books is giving Gillom a shooting lesson] Mr. Books, How is it you've killed so many men? My spread wasn't much bigger than yours.
    John Bernard Books: First of all,friend, there's no one up there shooting back at you. Second, I found most men aren't willing, they bat an eye, or draw a breath before they shoot. I won't.

I could do it, I live up in Maine
    2003 MM 300A #4271 [BURNOUTS ACROSS AMERICA car / RIP Paul Casey]
    fully built teksid motor done 3/1/16, too many mods to list...

Visit my garage for details

Pete - sounds fun -you doing the car show by you tomorrow ?
    2003 MM 300A
    #738 of 7,838 BLK
    Build date: 6/6/2002
    Adopted: 2/05/2013

MODS:

Metco control arms, Addco sway bars, TCE brake lines, Gatorback belt, remote start, underbody lights, custom doorsills. Black with custom silver hood stripes (S-55 theme)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT
    Adopted on12/09/18 from chief455

COMING SOON-Trilogy #005 THANKS CWright-
    I am afraid you have awakened a sleeping Giant

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...=view&id=14156

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN MARAUDER View Post
    Im happy for you bro! Let the mods begin! I hear the mod bug broke his stinger when he heard you pulled the trigger!

BIG BIG thanks to the GOD of marauder parts ( Darren) I am the 1st winner of Darren bag of fun give-away

Quote Originally Posted by jerrym3 View Post
    Cathedral Ledge, Echo Lake, Diana's Bath all in North Conway. But I hear the water level is very low, so lakes, streams etc may not be as pretty.

Kancamangus is a nice ride, but not even close to the Mt Washington Auto Road.

I did the Auto Road once in my 03 retrobird with the top down. Wow! SST trans got a good work out up and down. Took the road three additional times, twice in late 89 Towncars and once in a 68 Cycone GT fastback, 4 sp.
    Thanks! Not very familiar with the area. I'll put these places on my list!
    2004 DTR

Quote Originally Posted by Guittard22 View Post
    Pete - sounds fun -you doing the car show by you tomorrow ?
    Guittard! Where have you been man!?!? I'm going as a spectator for a little while.
    2004 DTR

Quote Originally Posted by NavySeabee View Post
    Guittard! Where have you been man!?!? I'm going as a spectator for a little while.

I've been just working staying out of trouble working on my new house that I got will be selling a eaton and trilogy blower soon on the website so I can fund my trilogy install a new couch for the house
    2003 MM 300A
    #738 of 7,838 BLK
    Build date: 6/6/2002
    Adopted: 2/05/2013

MODS:

Metco control arms, Addco sway bars, TCE brake lines, Gatorback belt, remote start, underbody lights, custom doorsills. Black with custom silver hood stripes (S-55 theme)

2004 CV LX SPORT
    ALL BLACK, 6 DISC, TUNED MZT
    Adopted on12/09/18 from chief455

COMING SOON-Trilogy #005 THANKS CWright-
    I am afraid you have awakened a sleeping Giant

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...=view&id=14156

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOWN MARAUDER View Post
    Im happy for you bro! Let the mods begin! I hear the mod bug broke his stinger when he heard you pulled the trigger!

BIG BIG thanks to the GOD of marauder parts ( Darren) I am the 1st winner of Darren bag of fun give-away

Quote Originally Posted by NavySeabee View Post
    He is still recovering from that shot from the Skull of Death.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information