Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clean and (Mostly) Stock Marauder

Clean and (Mostly) Stock Marauder

I am looking for either an 03 or 04 Marauder. Preferences below.

Exterior Color:
    1. Blue
    2. Black
    3. Silver

Interior Color:
    1. Grey
    2. Black

I prefer a vehicle that is stock or mostly stock. Aftermarket things like bushings, or brakes are alright. Well maintained (Show me the records!) is a plus, but the maintenance items can be ready to be replaced. I am perfectly fine with doing brakes, tires, fluids, and all of the normal maintenance items as I can then do them how I want them.

Less than 100k on the odometer is preferred, but I will consider cars up to 150k if the price and condition are right.

NO SMOKER CARS

Clean Carfax/No accident history is not mandatory, but if the vehicle has had paint or body work I would like the details on what happened/how the vehicle was repaired.

Garage Kept a plus but not necessary.

Wheels must be in good shape with minimal curb rash.

I am in Rochester NY so I would prefer something within 500 miles of me.

I will have an independent inspection done on any vehicle that is more than 200 miles from Rochester.

If you think there are any additional things I should be looking for please let me know.

Budget is from $8000-$15000. I have cash in hand and ready to buy quickly. What I will pay will be determined by how close the vehicle fits my preferences and its condition. $15000 would be for a cherry condition vehicle that does not need much. $8000 for a car that needs some love. Ideally I would like to be between $10-12k so that leaves money left over for maintenance and modifications.

Thanks Again! - Mike

Blue will be difficult, only 328 made. check the forsale section, long standing member has one in Delaware,under 80k miles.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

But you can get a supercharged one in or near your price range. whatever you do don't go near the top of your price range for stock and anywhere near 100k miles.
    300A Black
    4:10 gears, Flowmaster 44's with rear cat delete, SW headers with 3 inch cats to 2.5 custom h. 3500 stall, Twisted synergy dyno tune, addco f/r , rear control arms, Novi 1200 air to air with the fixings.

Or an extremely clean near showroom 20,000 - 50,000 mile car... That has no real needs, only some upgrades.

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Quote Originally Posted by camelgrundle View Post
    But you can get a supercharged one in or near your price range. whatever you do don't go near the top of your price range for stock and anywhere near 100k miles.
    Just when I saw a glimmer of hope that Marauder values were rising....
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

You just have to give it another 20 years. Then I might have a shot at breaking even with all the mods lol
    300A Black
    4:10 gears, Flowmaster 44's with rear cat delete, SW headers with 3 inch cats to 2.5 custom h. 3500 stall, Twisted synergy dyno tune, addco f/r , rear control arms, Novi 1200 air to air with the fixings.

Quote Originally Posted by camelgrundle View Post
    You just have to give it another 20 years. Then I might have a shot at breaking even with all the mods lol
    I hear that!
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Fairly nice silver birch just popped up here :

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forum...d.php?t=103370

I would offer 6800 for that car with those miles, that's on the high side imho compared to what has sold previously as "great deals"

Have you tried using www.searchtempest.com just plug in what your looking for and it's there

There lurks a blue one on the east coast that just fell off Craigslist a week ago
    130k. Some brake upgrades minor stuff for 8k
    It may be listed here from awhillllllllle back

Good luck in your search
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

I sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by TheHossSauce View Post
    I am looking for either an 03 or 04 Marauder. Preferences below.

Exterior Color:
    1. Blue
    2. Black
    3. Silver

Interior Color:
    1. Grey
    2. Black

I prefer a vehicle that is stock or mostly stock. Aftermarket things like bushings, or brakes are alright. Well maintained (Show me the records!) is a plus, but the maintenance items can be ready to be replaced. I am perfectly fine with doing brakes, tires, fluids, and all of the normal maintenance items as I can then do them how I want them.

Less than 100k on the odometer is preferred, but I will consider cars up to 150k if the price and condition are right.

NO SMOKER CARS

Clean Carfax/No accident history is not mandatory, but if the vehicle has had paint or body work I would like the details on what happened/how the vehicle was repaired.

Garage Kept a plus but not necessary.

Wheels must be in good shape with minimal curb rash.

I am in Rochester NY so I would prefer something within 500 miles of me.

I will have an independent inspection done on any vehicle that is more than 200 miles from Rochester.

If you think there are any additional things I should be looking for please let me know.

Budget is from $8000-$15000. I have cash in hand and ready to buy quickly. What I will pay will be determined by how close the vehicle fits my preferences and its condition. $15000 would be for a cherry condition vehicle that does not need much. $8000 for a car that needs some love. Ideally I would like to be between $10-12k so that leaves money left over for maintenance and modifications.

Thanks Again! - Mike
    I have an 04 in the for sale section.
    2004 MM (Black) #112 of 3213 (SOLD)

2022 Ford Ff-150 SuperCab Iconic Silver "Powerboost"
    3.35 L 4X4
    -AND-
    SLAYER1
    formerly owned by "Impala Slayer!! 2004 SB MM
    Kenne Belle 2.8 (Liquid Cooled), MMR "Boss 302" Block, L&M Engines rebuild Kooks Headers and cats, Accusump Pre-Oiler Dynamax VT mufflers, MBS 2 1/2" exhaust, 4.10's, 2800 stall, Argento 312 "Color" Powder coated wheels, Rears widened 1 1/2 "703
    702 RWHP/653 RWTQ @ 21 Lbs. Boost, M/M catch can, 3 pillar gauge (Boost, Fuel, air intake and coolant temp, custom console cover, S-55 treatment etc...

I have a 04 Silver Birch with a sun roof and 29,900 miles that is nearly un-molested, but I am far away in South Central Kansas. Price would be on the upper end of your budget.
    2004 SB #2150 of 3214 Moonroof, Heated Seats and 6 CD Changer. Non OEM Mufflers and 32,XXX miles and counting.

You lost me at mostly stock........mine's mostly the way it should have come from the factory...
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

I want mostly stock so I can do the vehicle up how I want to which is very understated and subtle. I'm looking to for something that doesn't necessarily turn heads, but can. I am buying this as a road trip car so comfort is my main concern.

what sort of things do you want to do your way? there is limited aftermarket products for marauders and that may even decrease over time. some of these cars already have upgrades etc. its easier to make it cosmetically subtle.
    2004 SB Ported Trilogy 48
    Has supporting mods and stuff
    Thanks to Marty O for his help in updating this car.

R.I.P.
    Rex "SC Cheesehead"

Quote Originally Posted by TheHossSauce View Post
    I want mostly stock so I can do the vehicle up how I want to which is very understated and subtle. I'm looking to for something that doesn't necessarily turn heads, but can. I am buying this as a road trip car so comfort is my main concern.
    Lol. Just buy a stock one to drive all over USA in, and buy another with built motor , trans, and a blower. Haha

I'd love to put a turbo kit on my DD but don't want to kill reliability and it's 27 mpg highway too

Sadly it's just a cold air kit and tune car,... but gets lots of looks
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information