Thread: New Owner In Texas

New Owner In Texas

Hi all! Just wanted to introduce myself!

I purchased my first MM as a wrecked 2003 back in 2004. It was rear-ended on the highway and a total loss, but the powertrain and most of the interior was perfect with only 34k miles on it.

The wrecked car sat in my driveway or garage for nearly 10 years, before I finally parted it out completely and hauled off the carcass (pun intended ). I removed the suspension after rolling on the trailer, the only thing left for the junkyard was a little bit of body and the frame.

Last August I found an 03 MM listed for sale at a U-Pull It in Beaumont for $6k. Guy said it "had a bad coil misfire". I drove out and looked it, and sure enough it had a misfire. Looked more closely and found RTV everywhere, as if someone had tried to rebuild the engine without using any gaskets. I guesstimated it had more than a bad coil, and offered the guy $3.5K, knowing it had been sitting on his lot for 2 months. Ended up paying $4k.

Once I got home with it, I found leaking valve covers with 2 coils completely covered. I also found 1 cylinder with 90psi compression (135psi on the rest).
    I decided the engine in it was dead, and swapped it with my now 13 year sitting un-run, 34k mile motor.

The new engine started but misfired like only half of it was running. A quick check with the IDS and VCM 2 showed good compression, but only 5 fuel injectors working.

Swapped 3 injectors from the other motor and it runs great now! Although I'm still working through details of figuring out what all is broken on the rest car!

Awesome work man! Good luck with the rest.
    300A Black
    4:10 gears, Flowmaster 44's with rear cat delete, SW headers with 3 inch cats to 2.5 custom h. 3500 stall, Twisted synergy dyno tune, addco f/r , rear control arms, Novi 1200 air to air with the fixings.

Where in Texas u located check us out on fb dfw marauders

Quote Originally Posted by Thugveloz View Post
    Where in Texas u located check us out on fb dfw marauders
    Austin area.

im in the dfw and i need some work done on mine can someone help rocco 2489819128 please hit me back asap

This car is a beast, look at that hit. Good thing those people were in a Marauder.

Nice job on the resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by rocco313 View Post
    im in the dfw and i need some work done on mine can someone help rocco 2489819128 please hit me back asap
    What u need done on it

Quote Originally Posted by mm svt View Post
    This car is a beast, look at that hit. Good thing those people were in a Marauder.

Nice job on the resurrection
    Yea, the guy that I bought it from said it happened on the highway when traffic came to a sudden stop. The truck that hit him was an F-Series truck going basically full highway speed. Marauder driver came away with 0 injuries.

Thread Information