Thread: from the banks of plum creek

from the banks of plum creek

Hello, after years of want and desire, have purchased a MM. Back in the day when still living in Colorado tried to make a deal at Kumpf for an '03 silver/flint MM. Credit union blew that up. In '07 I purchased a Ford Corporate MGM, silver/flint.... I've been adding parts since the day I brought it home. Flowmaster cat back dual exhaust, up-graded brakes, adco bars and KYB all around, squeaky suspension bushings, cold air kit (thanks to my local Ford guru for figuring out my throttle by wire!), 18" wheels and 245/45 all around, etc., etc.
    My background is mostly 2 wheeled... In the 80's was big into AMC and ran an AMC performance garage with a partner. All of my Ramblers now gone, but sure wish I would have kept my 70 Javelin and my 68 Rebel. Flirted with Ma MOPAR, my 74 Dart LA block drag car sitting in a corner of the machine shed. My daily (rain/snow, or just too freakin' lazy) ride is an 05 Chevy Trailblazer my nephew saved from the crusher. The MGM gets most of the long distance miles. Right now it needs a heat blend door motor... my Ford guy tells me it can be reached without completely dismantling the dash. Maybe.
    Bikes include a BMW K1200S, Suzuki GS1150, Suzuki GS1000 (my old road racer, and since the Yoshimura family has denied my request to lie next to Pops in perpetuity, I want to be buried with it...on it, whatever), Yamaha FJ1100, Aprilia RSV (my current favorite, maybe), an old Suzuki DR 500 twin shock (my play bike) and a Canondale MX racer that scares the weeeee out of me.
    Looking forward to trying the big brake/Corvette brackets spotted here, have begun collecting parts.
    I'm basically a retired truck driver (that means philosophy major) driving school bus part time, playing guitar and drums, neither very well, but plenty loud. Did not make my fortune as an actor or writer, so got a job. I'm looking forward to Power Tour (bucket list), and meeting the people in this MM community. Anyone with questions about pigs, cattle, soybeans, corn, alfalfa... I might be able to help

Welcome! Tell us about your MM.
    2004 Silver Birch

Silver Birch Society

"I hear and I Forget
    I see and I Remember
    I do and I Understand"

Welcome to the world of Marauders and to the forum.

Your intro sounds like you are a very seasoned mechanic, so even the Blend Door deal is not likely to be a problem for you. However, if you need any motivation, ReefBlueCoupe just posted a BDA step by step how-to. It might get you motivated. Take a look on today's most recent posts.

Keith, rookie in Houston, 04 DTR

blend door post.

I found the post. I have a retired Ford Master Tech not far from me. The post pretty well matches what he told me. I added a little tip he showed me concerning some holes in the firewall over the blend door motor. Holes, it seems, may not be present on every car. Can't wait to shimmy my old, fat, arthritic body down under the dash.....

Welcome,

No need to get under the dash, access is gained through the openings of the glove box door and air bag. Done many, 1 hour tops, there are quite a few write up’s on the procedure, you may have to modify it for your own situation.
    I LOVE Jerry's bar, it's my kinda place...........

When you are dead, you don’t know you are dead. It is difficult only for others. It is the same way when you are stupid.

"Chuck Norris built my stock longblock. It runs on the tears of small children and makes 10,000 hp. He said it's his 'street version' "

Trilogy # 192 / T.S. 0012

BOOST GETS YOU FELONY STOPPED!!!

Welcome aboard from across the pond, sounds like an interesting background.

Just as a heads up, you may want to delete your actual street address from the poster location because that info is not only limited to forum members, everybody on the internet can see it and I'm sure you don't want that.

2003 Black 300A Dark Charcoal, #499 of 6978 built 06/04/02
    3.88 gears, dual fuel propane conversion.
    2003 Silver 300B Light Flint, #166 of 417 built 04/22/03
    TCE/Wilwood big brake kit, SW headers and cats, Flowmaster mufflers
    1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series Touring Sedan
    Dual exhaust, dual fuel propane conversion
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT Sport Package
    Holden HSV GTS body kit, dual fuel propane conversion
    Previously: 2003 Audi A6 Avant | 1999 Ford Fairlane AU

Thread Information