Thread: Hi Houston

Hi Houston

Well, after much hubbub, we are finally here in Houston. Now is your chance to se and touch a Champion Marauder. We are staying at a La Quinta on the west (?) side of Houston, Cady Highway I believe. Trip ended up at 1879 miles to here, with a minor detour through Marrietta for an oil change at Team Ford. Thanks to Todd for setting things up there. Got to see Mr. TAF, check out his latest mods, and chat for a short time. Give me a shout, pm, or something for anyone in the area, I'd love to meet some more of this bunch while I'm here in town.
    300A
    born 08-27-02
    Adjusted air in and air out.
    400+ timeslips.

When in doubt, GAS IT! This will either fix the problem, or end the suspense.

hdwrench Guest
    well i am in the dallas area... would like to make it down that way but i work 6 days a week so unlikely... if u head up to north TX let us know!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T. Casey
    Well, after much hubbub, we are finally here in Houston. Now is your chance to se and touch a Champion Marauder. We are staying at a La Quinta on the west (?) side of Houston, Cady Highway I believe. Trip ended up at 1879 miles to here, with a minor detour through Marrietta for an oil change at Team Ford. Thanks to Todd for setting things up there. Got to see Mr. TAF, check out his latest mods, and chat for a short time. Give me a shout, pm, or something for anyone in the area, I'd love to meet some more of this bunch while I'm here in town.
    Paul...glad to see you made it safely. Be sure to let everyone know that you have the Lovely Mrs. casey with you...a double dose of Casey is (as Martha USED to say) "a good thing"....

It was so great to see you two again...sorry I had to be so quick to get out of there.

Welcome to Texas

Welcome , Caseys to Texas --hope you enjoy your stay with us--like hdwrench, I'm in Ft. Worth and not quite in commuting distance--there are some good folks in the Houston area with Marauders---O K , you Houston Guys and Gals--give Paul and Mrs. Casey a real Texas welcome !!!
    See you at MV III, Maury
    2003 MM 300B Black
    Born 11/12/02 Adopted 3/29/03
    "SHADOW"
    Hood Ornament

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T. Casey
    Uh, that's "Katy Freeway"

I lived in the South Belt area from 1975 to 1987. Houston is known for its great food and abundant restaurants, but you should try to get over to Pappas Barbeque in Gulfgate (there are several around town, but this is the best locale) and try their brisket or their amazing BBQ Beef stuffed baked potato. They also habe breakfast burrito availale through the drive through in the mornings that are fantastic. Also, there's this little hole in the wall bakery down Telephone Rd that makes the best sausage kolaches. And this paneria (Mexican bakery) on North Main that makes cream cheese empenadas that are fabulous.

Recommend to check out Moody Gardens in Galveston, the waterwall over on the loop by the Galleria (not to mention the galleria itself), Herman park has some great stuff (the Houston Zoo has some white tigers that are cool). Also, go walk around the pedestrian tunnels in downtown Houston on a business day.

Yo're there at the right time of year too. Except for it raining a lot in the winter months, it's certainly more bearable than the blast furnace summers there.

txdpsp71 Guest
    Welcome...

Don't know what your plans are, but this weekend at Reliant Stadium (Texans) the Autorama show is going on. Friday thru Sunday. Tons of cars and vendors. Ticket discounts at O-Reilly's Autoparts. I plan on going Friday when they open. Hit the swap meet and vendors before the masses pick through the good stuff. Galleria is real nice with all the Christmas stuff.

Let me know if I can help you with anything here in town.

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by txdpsp71
    Welcome...

Don't know what your plans are, but this weekend at Reliant Stadium (Texans) the Autorama show is going on. Friday thru Sunday. Tons of cars and vendors. Ticket discounts at O-Reilly's

Tony
    I bet you know a friend of mine here in Lufkin - Roman Collins - another DPS car nut. He's got two of them. I"m sure you've seen him at some of the shows.

Paul, youd all better get them Texas flag in your avitar now ya hear.
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Paul, give me a call on my cell phone 713 898 8669
    2003 MM 300A
    Born June 18, 2002
    Adopted Christmas Eve, 2002
    First Factory Rebuilt Ford P.O.S. Engine at 81,000 miles
    Second Factory Rebuilt Ford P.O.S. Engine at 101,000 miles
    Ford Racing 4.10's
    Reinhart/XCal2 Custom Tune
    Reinhart Underdrive Pulleys
    K&N Conical Air Filter
    Reinhart Exhaust with 18" Magnaflows
    Silencer Removed
    Bosch Micro Edge Excel Wiper Blades
    Bob White Red Bumper Inserts
    Lone Star Beer in cup holder
    Fellowship of Christian Cowboys
    license plate bracket

God and the soldier we adore, In times of danger, not before.
    The danger gone, the trouble righted, God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Cynicism is the smoke rising from the ashes of burned out dreams.

Howdy yawl, it's lookin' like we'll be here thru Saturdayish. Left a message on Ross's cell. Preparing to contact txpdsp71 via pm.
    300A
    born 08-27-02
    Adjusted air in and air out.
    400+ timeslips.

When in doubt, GAS IT! This will either fix the problem, or end the suspense.

Hey, Paul-- I left a return message this morning on both numbers that you left me. Hope to hear back from you today. Maybe we can get together for lunch.
    2003 MM 300A
    Born June 18, 2002
    Adopted Christmas Eve, 2002
    First Factory Rebuilt Ford P.O.S. Engine at 81,000 miles
    Second Factory Rebuilt Ford P.O.S. Engine at 101,000 miles
    Ford Racing 4.10's
    Reinhart/XCal2 Custom Tune
    Reinhart Underdrive Pulleys
    K&N Conical Air Filter
    Reinhart Exhaust with 18" Magnaflows
    Silencer Removed
    Bosch Micro Edge Excel Wiper Blades
    Bob White Red Bumper Inserts
    Lone Star Beer in cup holder
    Fellowship of Christian Cowboys
    license plate bracket

God and the soldier we adore, In times of danger, not before.
    The danger gone, the trouble righted, God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Cynicism is the smoke rising from the ashes of burned out dreams.

Thread Information