Thread: Local tragedy

Local tragedy

FAIRFIELD - A 54-year-old veteran heading to a Memorial Day weekend event in Washington, D.C., was killed early Sunday morning in front of his Freedom Township home outside Fairfield by a driver who police say was drunk.

Joseph Dean Duman Jr. was leaving his home on his motorcycle at 6:45 a.m., Liberty Township police said.
    As Duman waved to his wife, who was sitting on the front porch of their home at 1670 Bull Frog Road, he was hit head-on by a 2003 Nissan Sentra that had veered into his lane, police said.

Duman was pronounced dead in Gettysburg Hospital, according to police.

"It was just tragic (because) it happened directly in front of the house and the wife saw the whole thing," said Liberty Township Police Chief Jim Holler.

The Sentra - driven by 22-year-old Robbie Lee Ridinger of Littlestown - was westbound at a high rate of speed, police said. Ridinger failed to negotiate a curve, crossed into the eastbound lane and hit Duman's motorcycle.

<!-- AdSys ad not found for local_news:middle -->After reportedly smelling alcohol on Ridinger's breath, officers arrested Ridinger at the scene. He was taken to Gettysburg Hospital, where his blood alcohol content was tested at .144 percent, nearly twice the legal limit of .08 percent.

Very Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Poore
    FAIRFIELD - A 54-year-old veteran heading to a Memorial Day weekend event in Washington, D.C., was killed early Sunday morning in front of his Freedom Township home outside Fairfield by a driver who police say was drunk.
    Dayum shame !!! The guy was probably headed to rally with the "Rolling Thunder" convoys making their way to DC.

Motorcycles have always fascinated me ... probably because a Harley dealer was located about 2 blocks from where I grew up. But despite the "free and easy" cruising lifestyle, riders are just so vulnerable on the roads. There are far too many duffei on the highways that will run a cyclist right off the road without even knowing it.

This kid was 2 times the legal limit at 6:45 am.
    Last edited by Bluerauder; 06-03-2005 at 03:47 PM.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Way to go Robbie Lee Ridinger - you're a real winner! You've won the..

"Completely Clueless and No Regard for Human Life" Award!

Not only were you driving a peice of crap ricer-car, but you managed to kill an innocent human being right in front of his own wife.

YOU FRICKEN DRUNK IDIOT!
    Ignorance is Bliss. I hope you're enjoying it.

TRILOGY № 86 - 13.5PSI
    "Lidio-Tuned" : 386.5RWHP 426.9RWTQ

Quote Originally Posted by blackf0rk
    Way to go Robbie Lee Ridinger - you're a real winner! You've won the..

"Completely Clueless and No Regard for Human Life" Award!

Not only were you driving a peice of crap ricer-car, but you managed to kill an innocent human being right in front of his own wife.

YOU FRICKEN DRUNK IDIOT!
    Oh, it's worse. His passanger was yelling at him to slow down, and will testify against him. The guy he killed was just the best, and yes, Charlie, he was going to the Rolling Thunder celebration. The whole community is up in arms, and if lynching was still in style, in these parts, there'd be a necktye party for 'ol Robbie Lee. Fortunately,for Robbie Lee, he's incarcerated and we locals can't get at him.

he was going to the Rolling Thunder celebration.

Hmmm maybe it is this event that helped ..I have a friend that was on they way to this event . He was on his way from philly to jeresy to meet his bike club and they were headed to this event and on his way to jeresy on the bike a tree limb fell from above hit him on the head and he is now in cooper river hospital on life support and may not make it..He was/is one hell of a nice guy..which reminds me i better send flowers..
    I hope you make it Bob Miller..

Update Sorry Mike..
    Peg called his wife about five mins ago she's on her way to the hospital he woke up and said something..so far so good..
    Last edited by MarauderMark; 06-03-2005 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarauderMark
    ...his way to Jersey on the bike a tree limb fell from above hit him on the head and he is now in cooper river hospital on life support and may not make it....
    Here's thoughts and prayers going out for Mark's friend Bob Miller.

Reinforces what I said about being so vulnerable on a motorcycle ... but I didn't even envision a freak incident like a tree limb.
    Last edited by Bluerauder; 06-03-2005 at 08:21 PM.
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Most likely little Robbie L. Ridinger will get off with a slap-on-the-wrist and some 'you don't really have to do it' community service time!

I'm hoping that the drunk little prick will end up in the state penitentiary and will get to experience the 'NED BEATTY Memorial Shower' tour.
    2020 Ford Ranger STX DFI Turbo 2.3L 10 speed Auto
    2017 Ford Fusion Sport DFI Twin Turbo 2.7L V6 6 speed Auto (14.000 ET bone stock in 82 degree heat)
    1985 Mustang GT 5.0 Hatchback 4bbl 5 speed manual (525 HP 363 Dart block/AFR heads with Magnum 6 speed in the works)
    1984 Mustang GT 2.3 Turbo Convertible FI. 5 speed manual
    1966 427 Cobra (ERA) 468 all Aluminum FE 2x4bbl 5 speed manual

SOLD : 2003 Mercury Marauder FI. 4 speed Auto
    w/Crower Cams & Springs, +1mm SS valves, mild port job on the cylinder heads.
    Extrude honed intake w/PHP spacer.
    Kooks Headers w/2.5" High Flow Cats & X-Pipe, Magnaflow mufflers, OEM tailpipes w/Megs Tips
    B&M Trans cooler w/fan, Level 10 Shift Kit, Art Carr Hughes Deep Sump Trans Pan,
    SVO Rearend Girdle, Redline Gear lube; OEM 3.55s
    'Real Gauges' + matching Trans Temp, Oil Temp, Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Vacuum/Boost Gauge
    Built: 10/15/02 Bought: 12/16/02 Sold: 10/15/18

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh
    Most likely little Robbie L. Ridinger will get off with a slap-on-the-wrist and some 'you don't really have to do it' community service time!

I'm hoping that the drunk little prick will end up in the state penitentiary and will get to experience the 'NED BEATTY Memorial Shower' tour.
    ROFL, right on!
    Ignorance is Bliss. I hope you're enjoying it.

TRILOGY № 86 - 13.5PSI
    "Lidio-Tuned" : 386.5RWHP 426.9RWTQ

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Walsh

No slap on the wrist in this county, Joe. I was on a jury several years ago, and they charge the bastards with vehicular homocide, since we have a very low tolerance for drunks in this county. I know the township LEO and he'll come up with a list of charges long as your arm; and he may even charge Robbie's momma with somethimg.

Our prayers to his wife...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Poore
    ...he may even charge Robbie's momma with somethimg.
    Giving birth to a brain dead IDIOT!!!

..and our prayers to your friend, Mark.
    Saorsa gu Brath
    (Freedon Forever)

Si vis pacem para bellum
    (If you want peace, prepare for war)

Μολὼν λαβέ
    (Come and take them)

Stann saam of sterf allen
    (Stand together or die alone)

Audentis Fortuna Iuvat
    (Fortune Favors the Brave)

Antes morrer livres que em paz sujeitos
    (Rather die as free men than be enslaved in peace)

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants alike. It is the tree's natural manure." -Thomas Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

The Constitution guarantees our rights as American citizens, the 2nd Amendment protects those rights

"THE BLACK BOMBER"

Thread Information