Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three Cheers for Old Man Marauder (Cruzer)

Three Cheers for Old Man Marauder (Cruzer)

Back in April or May when talk of the big show in Texas started to heat up, I figured I wouldn't be going due to a whole heap of logistical problems. First, I had to get there, but I didn't want to go without my car.

Then, I got to "talking" to this cruzer guy who hangs out here on the site. He says he would be happy to store my Marauder in his large air conditioned garage if I wanted to have the car shipped down there. Strange offer from a guy I never met. So, this cruzer guy send me his telephone number and says to call him if I wanted to discuss the idea further. Again, I have never met this guy. So, I figure what have I got to lose?

I give cruzer a call. Now it turns out that his name is Maury and he is quite a nice guy to chat with. We talk cars, airplanes, work, religion, geography (he used to live in Long Island -- I am out there on business all the time). Well, the call is coming to an end and Maury practically insists on lending me his garage.

Now I am really thinking that this Texas thing may come together for me. After all, I have an offer that I dare not refuse!

Now I chat with the girlfriend and tell her that I have an offer from Maury. She wants to know who Maury is. She wants to know how I can trust my car to a guy I met on the internet. I said I spoke to him on the telephone. It only takes one conversation with Maury to know that you will like him and you can trust him.

So, the deal is done. My car will be meeting me in Texas and staying in air conditioned comfort courtesy of Maury!!

I make the travel arrangements for the car. Now Maury wants to know what time he can pick me up at the airport. I tell him I will take a car service. He says he will not hear of it and insists on picking me up at the airport.

When I arrive in Texas, and as soon as I get off of the airplane, I am met like I am family and get a huge hug from Old Man 0Marauder. How good can life get?

Well, it does get better. Maury has a photo album just for me of the off load process when my car got to Texas!!

I got my car back today. Needless to say, the return of my car to New York was equally flawless thanks to Maury! More photos, more reassuring telephone calls.

Maury, let me say it again: You are the greatest. I appreciate all of your help! You made it possible for me to attend one of the greatest events.

THANKS MAURY!

yeah, but you still don't have your car back yet, do you?? I heard that Maury was selling it for parts out of a van down by the river. I know because he offered me you shifter but it had so much chocolate residue from all those Snicker's bars you eat that cleaning it would be a nightmare. I asked him about the windshield but he said it was full of snot from you blowing your nose. I asked about the carpeting from the trunk but he said there was bloodstains all over it.

ps. where are my fender badges?

just kidding - i hear that Maury is one straight up dude and part of our senior MM heritage to keep us young whippersnappers on the straight and narrow -- we need more like him!

Originally posted by Slowpoke
    just kidding - i hear that Maury is one straight up dude and part of our senior MM heritage to keep us young whippersnappers on the straight and narrow -- we need more like him!
    Sounds like a fellow to get to know...
    2003 Marauder 300eh - Stock

Born: 12/03/2002
    Adopted 02/17/2003

Trilogy #243

AVIC D3
    SS Inserts.
    Metco Control arms and Watts link.
    QA1 8 way adjustable shocks and struts.
    Addco front and rear anti-roll bars.
    Wilwood front brakes.

I can't drive 55. I'm looking forward to not being able to drive 75 ether.

Originally posted by martyo
    Maury, let me say it again: You are the greatest. I appreciate all of your help! You made it possible for me to attend one of the greatest events.
    THANKS MAURY!
    A great ending to a great Event, don't get no better than that.
    Carlos
    '03 Marauder 300A
    • Built 8-23-02
    • TRADED IN

Maury. Cruzer. A great man. A great friend. A joy to spend time with, anytime, anywhere.
    JW "Jim" Spradling II

2003 MM 300A
    B/D: 05/30/02
    Steeda Underdrive Set
    NGK Plugss & 180 Stat
    4:10 Ford Racing Gears
    Eaton Heavy Duty LTD Slip Diff
    Kooks Long Tube Headers
    SHM Front/Rear Sway Bars
    Mac n' Zack Rear Control Arms
    Eibach Springs
    MMX Driveshaft & Custom Driveshaft Loop
    Custom Exhaust
    Flowmaster 40's
    NOS Noszle Direct Port Nitrous System
    (150 - 300 hp shot)
    NOS Progressive Nitrous Controller
    Custom Dedicated Nitrous Fuel System
    BF Goodrich T/A Drag Radials
    Stallion 3000 Multidisk Converter
    Performance Automatic Transbrake Valve Body
    DR Level 2 Tranny Upgrade + (8-plate J-Mod)
    302 CI Stroker-Built, Balanced and Blueprinted by
    AMS Racing, Bossier City, LA
    Autometer Guages (Trans Temp, Oil Pressure, Nitrous, & Fuel Pressure)
    DR Cylinder Cooling Mod
    Perma-Cool Oil/Transmission Cooler
    Custom Air Box by Paul's HP

Thumbs up

You won't find a more interesting or nicer man anywhere. Thanks for adding to our Marauderville experience Cruzer.

Maury,

You're one-of-a-kind, my friend. And those of us who were lucky enough to meet you in person at Marauderville...consider you just that...a friend.

Thumbs up Here Here!!!!

Originally posted by TAF
    Maury,

You're one-of-a-kind, my friend. And those of us who were lucky enough to meet you in person at Marauderville...consider you just that...a friend.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally posted by TAF
    Maury,

What they said goes DOUBLE from the Big Dog!
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

All I could do is reiterate what's been said here. You are truely a pleasure to be with and one hell of a guy! Thanks for all you've done for me Maury!

Gee folks, keep this up and you'll make an old man cry---honestly, I have belonged to at least 20 different aircraft, fraternal, retired pilot's groups and attended over 15 national "get togethers" and I can truthfully say, I have never been as impressed by a group of people as I was with all of you. You are the happiest, caring, unselfish and downright friendly group of all--I feel honored to be included among your friends------THANKS, Mauryy
    2003 MM 300B Black
    Born 11/12/02 Adopted 3/29/03
    "SHADOW"
    Hood Ornament

jrzygrl Guest
    The nicest guy I've never met....

Joshua, Texas (between Burleson & Cleburne)

Thumbs up

Yep- Maury Rocks!! No question about it. I didn't know Marty's story but I can honestly say I wasn't surprised. Maury is a dude that makes you feel like you've known him for years- I can't explain it and would do a poor job trying. He's one of a kind.

Maury for president!!!!
    Member # 383.

2003 Marauder Black.

Build 8/13/02

Launched 9/28/02

Sold May 16, 2018

#3,646 of 7,839 black '03

1995 Ford F-150. Mark III 2wd, reg. cab

2011 F-150 Lariat crew cab 4X4 3.5 L twin turbo Ecoboost

Fate rarely call upon us at a monent of our choosing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/index.html

Four Corners,Oregon (take exit at the prison, go past the refuse transfer station, and head toward Shangri-la)
    Marty, that was a great post.

With all the bad stories about people on the Internet you hear the NEWS reports of, this story should go out to prove there really are good people in the world.

This is a great site, with great people. All brought together by a simple automobile that some say was a "flop" Some flop huh?
    Member Number 32

Originally posted by TripleTransAm
    An interesting side note: this isn't the same forum I used to post on for years, and I've been doing a lot of reading over the past 48 hours on both sites. Looks like there's been a serious splintering. I never thought it'd be possible for this to happen to a group of owners of a car model that sold no more than 14000 copies over 2 model years. Kind of scary, when thinking of the scale. Makes one think that maybe it'd be a good idea to do some introspection and think about what each of us needs to do to build a solid community, analyze what it is we're all honestly looking for by belonging to this community.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information