Thread: ? about the V-2

? about the V-2

I only have a layman's knowledge of S/C's and I wondering if the Vortech V-2 is interchangeable with both SOHC and DOHC engines? Friend saw one on one of the 'For Sale' sites and the seller is claiming it fits CV, GM, Marauder, Aviator etc. I'm not so convinced.

If it would fit does the V-2 require a built bottom end?

Thanks,

That blower will work on almost any car but I believe it depends on which way it mounts - or should I say which side of the engine the intake is on. My car had a vortech on it for almost 90k miles on a stock bottom end. There were no issues with the internals just the normal timing chain guide problems. Its all in the tune and how you treat the car. Of course when it came time to repair the guides I rebuilt the bottom end. One day (probably years from now) I will upgrade the vortech to squeeze more out of the stronger engine.

I believe the intake tubes for the Marauder will be the biggest issue along with mounting brackets etc. Better off getting a kit already designed for the MM
    Steven

2004 Marauder Black, loaded
    Vortec S/C
    4.10s
    3500 PI Stall
    Kook's headers
    476.9 rwhp 385 lbs/tq
    KVR's, QA1's, M&Z control arms, rear sway bar
    Lidio tune
    2004 Suburban Dark Charcoal
    1970 W-30 442 convertible twilight Blue

Mounting bracket dictates the fit. From there it's just some pipe and intercooler. Way easy to fab up your own kit with pipe bends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD 12/31/2021

Cobra short block / ProCharger F1-A / Cog drive upgrade / Manley valves / Brian Tooley Racing valve springs / 80# inj. / -8 fuel line / -6 return / Aeromotive 340 pumps and regulator / 2012 GT500 TR6060 six speed / twin disc clutch / Driveshaft Shop GT500 upgraded CV joint shaft / BA5000 blow thru MAF/ 4.10's / Ford Racing 31 spline set up and Girdle / Metco D.S. safety loop / Stainless Works headers, cats, and everything else out back / ClassGlass hood / Bob's hood strut mod / Hurst line lock / Metco control arms / Addco front and rear sway bars / Monroe severe duty shocks all around / Race concepts rotors / Badgeless grille / 35% tint / FBM's interior LED kit and ambient lighting kit / Pioneer FB700 deck / kenwood speaker 4 Ch. / Rockford Fosgate 10" sub and amp / Kicker 6 X 8's all around / back up cam / bluetooth / Pioneer Xm / 704 RWHP 603 RWTQ tuned by Mo's Speedshop.

I have a v2 on the lower mile silver birch. It was installed by Reinhardt

I would assume that one would remove the timing cover and install a 98 cobra cover, then buy the 98 supercharger bracket
    That's how people piece em together

The v2 comes in counter clockwise and clockwise rotation of the actual blower, so not all are the same

Take pics or send pictures of the kit, some are air to water, some air to air

One should be able to piece the kit together for around 3500.00

The v2 is sorta loud, at 9 psi mine made 438 hp
    The twins2.3 whipple/aluminatorVortech V-2 lots of goodies

Current marauders
    04 DTR totaled JUST NOW starting to part out 7-21-2021 https://youtu.be/REUxjP1BVpg

04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop Whipple Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Hardtop V2 Supercharger
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal Converted
    03 DBP Light Flint #122
    03 DBP Dark Charcoal #232
    03 Silver Birch 300b Light Flint Going to fix er up
    03 Black 300a
    04 Silver Birch Dark Charcoal moonroof in the works

04 Heaton Swapped DTR
    Joe's Wrecked DTR rebuild thread

i have the v3. once i got thr proper belt size its been great.

I know the ad you are talking about. I was looking at it myself. If you look at the tubing you will see that it is for an oval shaped throttle body. I am going to assume that it came off of a Marauder. Bear in mind that kit appears to be missing a lot of stuff.

2003 CVPI former Connecticut State Police Supervisor vehicle. 160,000 miles
    Upgrades: 3.55 Posi, 200amp alternator and new decoupler, lighting relay mod, KYBs in the rear, LTC leather rear seats, 70mm FoMoCo throttle body, and MZT mod with MPT custom tunes.
    DOHC swap to come! http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...3076313&page=1

V2 requires external oiling, something to keep in mind. Need to tap a hole in the pan for return.
    Lifespeed

2004 Silver Birch Marauder 130K miles
    Wilwood Aero6 F, NMDP R brakes, Penske 7500DA shocks, Hypercoil 600lbs F and Grand Marquis R air springs, Addco tubular sway bars, Metco control & Watts, 31 sp axles, Stainless Works cat-back exhaust, Lidio tune, American Racing AR883 9.3" 50mm F 10" 59mm R 20" wheels, Pirelli P-Zero 265/35-20, 275/40-20 tires

Coming soon: Livernois 5.0L stroker, ADTR/Vortech V2 intercooled SC, Silverfox trans and Circle D converter

Thread Information