Thread: HVAC Quits blowing randomly

HVAC Quits blowing randomly

I seem to be having issues with my hvac in my 2004 marauder. It happens with both the heater and the AC and it seems to only happen when I have the upper vents selected, not the defrost vents or the floor vents. When I have the air blowing and I am driving, they will randomly stop blowing. Today, I paid close attention and it seems to divert the air to the defrost vents. It doesn't seem to matter how hard I have it blowing either, or how cold or hot I have it set at. It doesn't seem to matter how hot or cold it is outside either. I thought it had to do with driving the car hard up a hill too but it seems to happen when only slightly accelerating. When I take my foot off the pedal the air returns like normal. So, I guess it is dependent on acceleration, but I'm not pushing it hard by any means. It also doesn't last for very long and returns to normal once I take my foot off the pedal. I have read that some Ford cars do that intentionally to save power for the engine, but again, like I said, I'm not pushing the car hard up a hill. Is this this normal? Or is this a sign that the O rings are going bad or something else is a miss?

Also, on a side note... does it bother anyone else that you can't have the blower go to both the feet and the upper body like every other car? That has always bothered me. I live in a cold area and when it is cold, I like my feet to be warm and my hands... with this car I have to decide which is more important... why did Ford decide to make the car like this? Anyway... small rant over...

Reach out to fastblackmerc. He can help you with all HVAC questions. He took care of two of my EATCs as well:

https://www.mercurymarauder.net/foru...ad.php?t=99619

Quote Originally Posted by chefcaleb View Post
    I seem to be having issues with my hvac in my 2004 marauder. It happens with both the heater and the AC and it seems to only happen when I have the upper vents selected, not the defrost vents or the floor vents. When I have the air blowing and I am driving, they will randomly stop blowing. Today, I paid close attention and it seems to divert the air to the defrost vents. It doesn't seem to matter how hard I have it blowing either, or how cold or hot I have it set at. It doesn't seem to matter how hot or cold it is outside either. I thought it had to do with driving the car hard up a hill too but it seems to happen when only slightly accelerating. When I take my foot off the pedal the air returns like normal. So, I guess it is dependent on acceleration, but I'm not pushing it hard by any means. It also doesn't last for very long and returns to normal once I take my foot off the pedal. I have read that some Ford cars do that intentionally to save power for the engine, but again, like I said, I'm not pushing the car hard up a hill. Is this this normal? Or is this a sign that the O rings are going bad or something else is a miss?

Also, on a side note... does it bother anyone else that you can't have the blower go to both the feet and the upper body like every other car? That has always bothered me. I live in a cold area and when it is cold, I like my feet to be warm and my hands... with this car I have to decide which is more important... why did Ford decide to make the car like this? Anyway... small rant over...
    Sounds like you need the EATC o-rings replaced. I can do that for you and upgrade the button and fan wheel lights to LEDs.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.”
    Ronald Regan

"The only way to deal with the Islamic State - these blood thirsty, blood-drunken, terrorists -
    is to kill them, keep on killing them, until you kill the last one, then you kill his pet goat."

Lt. Colonel Ralph Peters

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes, if you **** with me, I'll kill you all"
    General James Mattis

I just PMed you. Thanks.

Thread Information