Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tire Replacement - What Brand ?

Quote Originally Posted by kernie View Post
    Nitto motivos on the front and nitto 420's 255/55's on the rear. When i put the 420's on my black july/15 i was told they were discontinued and i had one of the last sets in Canada. But i replaced the 420's on the blue in April and Cal tire had them, love-em.

Edit, 420's not for winter though if you don't run snows.
    The 420's were a performance truck tire. Thought I heard somewhere they replaced them with a new style. Looks like the 235 is being phased out, but there are still some left at Discounttiredirect.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...yp=Truck%2FSUV

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerauder View Post
    I don't understand this ^^^^^ statement. If the tires are wearing on the insides, something in the alignment is definitely off. I am on my 4th set and have never had the front inside wear issue. Moreover, the current alignment is what came from the factory with perfectly even wear across the fronts with 35 psi. I've had the OEM BFG's, Goodyear Eagle F1's, and now the Nitto Motivos on my MM.

Are you using Carfixer's Alignment specs ?? Many shops automatically pull up Grand Marquis alignment specs. The Marauder is different. If your front insides are wearing .... Something is off.
    I don't disagree. However, I'm done trying to fix it.

I have:

1. Aligned to factory Marauder specs twice; once at the dealer, once at Custom Alignment in Mountain View, CA. (2 sets of tires)

2. Aligned to Carfixer's specs at custom alignment; no change at all. (1 set of tires)

3. Changed all the bushings and balljoints in front out of desperation. Changed the struts. Aligned to my own specs (Changed pivots to aftermarket to allow for 1 full degree of POSITIVE (yes, horrible) camber) and set the toe to 1/16" total toe. Minor wear change. I'm still on these tires; they're still wearing on the insides.

WTF right? Agreed. It's cheaper to put tires on this car than to try to eek out the last 5-10K miles of tire wear by throwing more money at it than the tires cost. I just rotate every oil change now and live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ByronRACE View Post

WTF right? Agreed. It's cheaper to put tires on this car than to try to eek out the last 5-10K miles of tire wear by throwing more money at it than the tires cost. I just rotate every oil change now and live with it.

Rotate ?? What size and make tires are you running front and rear ??
    Bluerauder
    '03 MM 300B
    #67 of 328
    Dark Blue Pearl with Light Flint interior(1 of 215)

Black Pearl "Aarrrrr Type"
    '12 Taurus SHO 3.5 L Ecoboost V6 24V DOHC DI Twin Turbo
    (365 HP, 350 TQ)
    #318 of 478
    Tuxedo Black Metallic with Charcoal Black Leather interior (1 of 415)

Member Capital Area Marauders (CAM)
    since April '04

Bluerauder's Garage -- Pics and Other Info

Sixteen (16) years of CAM Meets, Regional, and Marauderville MM Event History & Upcoming (in RED) Events is Here

Cooper Tires

If you want value for your money....COOPER Zeon RS3 tires
    match perfectly with the Marauder. Made in the USA.

Gotta Love It!
    "Best of Show"
    MARAUDERVILLE IV
    ORLANDO, FL
    11/11/06

Member #1031
    Brand New 2003 "Black over Black" 300B
    Conceived 2/25/03
    Born 3/21/03.. "7002 of 7838"
    Home 5/26/03 showing 19 miles!

TRILOGY (Eaton M-112) Supercharger #152
    ALTERNATIVE Automotive (Xcal-2) TUNE
    K&N AirCharger... Part No. 63-1111
    FLOWMASTER Super 40's with stock Megs tips
    FoMoCo OEM Rear Spoiler/Black Titanium SS inserts
    FORD GT Coil Covers (Ford Blue)
    FormulaONE Window Tint "Pinnacle Series-35"
    METCO DS/Loop

1972 Buick Skylark 350 Hardtop Sport Coupe
    Antique Gold with Dark Saddle Vinyl interior
    "Last of the original Muscle Cars" bought NEW(7/5/72)
    and still kickin' ass!

Quote Originally Posted by ByronRACE View Post
    I don't disagree. However, I'm done trying to fix it.

I have:

1. Aligned to factory Marauder specs twice; once at the dealer, once at Custom Alignment in Mountain View, CA. (2 sets of tires)

2. Aligned to Carfixer's specs at custom alignment; no change at all. (1 set of tires)

3. Changed all the bushings and balljoints in front out of desperation. Changed the struts. Aligned to my own specs (Changed pivots to aftermarket to allow for 1 full degree of POSITIVE (yes, horrible) camber) and set the toe to 1/16" total toe. Minor wear change. I'm still on these tires; they're still wearing on the insides.

Put the toe and camber as close to 0* as possible. I don't think caster is going to give the wear issue you are having, unless something isn't perpendicular. Take a measurement from the center of the front wheel and the center of the rear wheel and see if both sides match. Then get a helper and measure a cross pattern from front left to rear right and the same for the other side. Make sure your frame isn't bent. What you are experiencing shouldn't be as dramatic.

Nitro tires all day long.... Best tire for MM

Sent from my VS880PP using Tapatalk

I wish they made the 265/50/18 in a Motiva to match my front 255/45's. I daily drive my car and I've tried cold weather on 555's before.
    03 Marauder- 300B, non heated seats, T/C, no CD changer
    03 Marauder- 300A, Eaton Swapped, SOLD

03 Marauder- 300A, 5544 of 7839 in 03, Trilogy #24, SOLD
    04 Marauder- 300B, SB with LF interior, 208k miles and still ticking SOLD

Hancooks' are my tire choice.

NITTO. FTW!

2003 300A Black, #4918 of 7838, 17,400 Miles
    Tune, KYB's, JLT, FlowMaster 42441, Res Delete, New BFG's, 8 coats of zymoil Titanium

2003 300B Silver Birch, #21 of 419, 29,800 miles
    Tune, JLT, FlowMaster 42441 Res Delete, New Nitto 235/255 Bigcarsforever dead peddle & custom SRP peddles, 5 coats Zymoil Titanium, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYBs, 1/2 inch coil cut, Sparta Watts link and Control Arms, Carfixer alignment.

2003 CV Sport Matador Red, 19,280 Miles, DD, Curless Full Service Royal flush, Marto Tune, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires, NEW OEM Sport Springs -1 coil & Monroe Severe Duty (front) shocks, Addco front and rear sway bars, KYB rear Shocks, Carfixer Alignment.

2004 CV HPP Silver Birch, 93,000 miles. Son's DD, 18 Chrome Wheels w 235/265 front/back Nitto tires (thank you Lowndex!)

Quote Originally Posted by mm svt View Post
    The nitto 555 not a great tire for boosted cars especially in rain, for winter driving get a beater, preserve the marauder. I have a 99 cvpi for sale $800 makes a good winter car.
    interested in this CVPI. whats the Mileage, history, recent repairs, tire tread, really looking for just a winter beater/project car

Well I rebuilt the engine and transmission theee years ago, put the performance improved intake and heads on it bringing the compression up to 10.5/1. Cold air intake and straight pipe exhaust to the front of the rear tires. It runs fine a/c works just needs a better tune. Comes with SCT tuner from Brenspeed but half assed tune.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information